[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• bear989, I understand the reasoning behind the GT in whole. I understand why was it made the way it's made. But there are far more than two kinds of people (who wants GT and who doesn't). There's people who likes what GT ADDS to the game, but want to keep their existing experience intact. I like GT. I really like how it adds a tech span to the game, extending it for weeks. But what I don't like, is that it's ruining the familiar flow for the new people. For those who would like to get to GT step by step. Instead, GT is hammering them with a hammer to the head right from the start. Learning curve? Meh, **ck it. <- THAT is what I don't like about GT.

Having an option to "add, not destroy/replace/remove" would be a very needed one.

Well how old or your players that they need training wheels to learn something new? I dont understand what you have an issue with that is so hard, unless your trying to use GT6 witch is in alpha. instead of GT5 witch is complete, thanks to Greg and Blood.

if your new players was meant as you than why not join one of the servers represented here, there are many, like myself, that are willing to help those that need it, in learning all the wonders of Gregtech.

• Then please tell me about those intrusive behaviours you would like to get rid of. List each of them very precisely. And don't start with some vanilla things requiring Tools to be crafted, that one can be turned off in the Config easily.

Well, for a start, some IC2 things, like: RE-Battery, Energy Crystal, Lapotron Crystal, Advanced Circuit, Electronic Circuit, Basic Machine Casing; Also, splitting metal blocks into ingots. Flint and steel. That's not a precise list, but this is the first things that came to my mind. I've checked config files, and I've checked GT source code. I'm sorry, but I did not found an option to disable this override. Must be either very well hidden. ;) Would you, please, point to it? Thanks.

While I do agree on a "learning spike", the question about having a single config option is still up. Is it possible at least put all replacements in one config file?

Also I must say the option "B:quarry_false=false" in "disabledrecipes" is very, very confusing.

PS. I believe it would be a good idea to add this question, and an answer to it, to FAQ/QA part of the post.

• Well, for a start, some IC2 things, like: RE-Battery, Energy Crystal, Lapotron Crystal, Advanced Circuit, Electronic Circuit, Basic Machine Casing;

And for what do you need those? Most IC² things are disabled in favour of GT things to actually have some kind of progression rather than putting random things together whenever you want.

Also, splitting metal blocks into ingots.

There is an easy Config for that. Also in GT6 there are now two different kinds of Metal Storage Blocks, one which is basically 9 stacked Ingots and therefore craftable, and the other which is a solid casted Block, which will be available sometime soon(TM).

Flint and steel.

Don't tell me that fixing the Recipe to fit the actual Name of Flint & STEEL by making it require a Steel Nugget rather than an Iron Ingot is an annoyance. Also this has a Config, even though it is called "namefix" or something. In GT6 there are multiple variants of Flint & Tinder with different Materials including Iron.

Also I must say the option "B:quarry_false=false" in "disabledrecipes" is very, very confusing.

Type:ConfigName_DefaultSetting=ActualSetting

• I added 80% of GT's dusts, plates, ingots, gears, small gears and rods as loot.

So far, so good.

However, some names end up using the oredict name when spawning that way. (Picture provided.)

Any way to fix this ? Did I screw up somewhere ?

• Greg are we, can we, get leaf cutters and scoops back?

Yes we can. I did forget about some Tool Recipes.

Greg, can you give coal coke a dark ash output? it is dried out coal, so it should be a good carbon source.

Maybe. I will think about doing that.

I added 80% of GT's dusts, plates, ingots, gears, small gears and rods as loot.

As Loot of what? Because GT adds Loot to Dungeons already.

However, some names end up using the oredict name when spawning that way. (Picture provided.)

Any way to fix this ? Did I screw up somewhere ?

In order to fix it don't spawn those Items. They are not supported by GregTech or any other Mod by any means and don't actually exist in the Game at all. If it doesn't have a Localisation it doesn't exist.

Also THAT thing is not the OreDict Name, that Name would be "plateEnderPearl" (your Picture just shows the unlocalised Name, which just happens to be based on the OreDict Name), and that Plate would never exist since the "plate" Prefix is used for Metal Plates and not Gem Plates. Gem Plates use "plateGem" as Prefix.

• I second Coal Coke -> Dark Ash.

It's the same as regular coal, so there's no benefit/gain to making coal to coke in GT (except when using coke as fuel for fuel's sake) and it just makes sense.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• As Loot of what? Because GT adds Loot to Dungeons already.

In order to fix it don't spawn those Items. They are not supported by GregTech or any other Mod by any means and don't actually exist in the Game at all. If it doesn't have a Localisation it doesn't exist.

Also THAT thing is not the OreDict Name, that Name would be "plateEnderPearl" (your Picture just shows the unlocalised Name, which just happens to be based on the OreDict Name), and that Plate would never exist since the "plate" Prefix is used for Metal Plates and not Gem Plates. Gem Plates use "plateGem" as Prefix.

New loot. Like gears, rods, ingots... Anything that was not there currently and might have a use someday. I have over 1K items available as loot so far. I'm just sick and tired of seeing every chest the same. Unless you have that much loot and I got really, really unlucky ?

Also, my bad about plates. Should've thought about this. I will correct this ASAP.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• I think you're right about that bit of code, but that makes it even more mysterious. Here's an example of what I'm talking about. In one map I looked at for testing, I see the following four veins surrounding the center chunk in the map:

FWIW, I solved this mystery: the formula you quoted is from line 70 of the decompiled GT_Worldgenerator.java, but at line 32 it creates an instance of the subclass with chunk coordinates multiplied by 16, so it's not checking chunk centers against that formula, it's checking the northwest corners. -8/16 == 0, but -16/16 == -1.

• Fluid Heavy-Naquadah Reactor, how do you produce this fluid?

I tried Fluid Enriched Naquada, but it does not even enter the reactor internal tank.

• Fluid Heavy-Naquadah Reactor, how do you produce this fluid?

I tried Fluid Enriched Naquada, but it does not even enter the reactor internal tank.

I think you need enriched Naquadah cells, made from enriched Naquadah dust in a canning machine.

• I think you need enriched Naquadah cells, made from enriched Naquadah dust in a canning machine.

Many thanks.

I tried in creative, cells is indeed used. The fire in the interface is a bit frightening but then ok :)
    Thank you :)

• Who needs logs when you've got giant rainbow text?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• And for what do you need those? Most IC² things are disabled in favour of GT things to actually have some kind of progression rather than putting random things together whenever you want.

Well, I would say the way you used to do it in early versions of GT was much better and appreciated. Just to remind you, creating a circuit in GT machine was more efficient material-wise. I see no problem in doing the same here, instead of just f-ng up the whole thing.
    Old GT was giving an alternative, better way to craft things. It was great, and it was loved. New GT is giving no alternative, going "you must suffer"-way. That's... well… "the F did he did here…"-like.

There is an easy Config for that.

I honestly couldn't find it, though searched well. Would you, please, point to it?

• Well, I would say the way you used to do it in early versions of GT was much better and appreciated. Just to remind you, creating a circuit in GT machine was more efficient material-wise. I see no problem in doing the same here, instead of just f-ng up the whole thing.
    Old GT was giving an alternative, better way to craft things. It was great, and it was loved. New GT is giving no alternative, going "you must suffer"-way. That's... well… "the F did he did here…"-like.

I honestly couldn't find it, though searched well. Would you, please, point to it?

I propose we just ignore Lime & Co's whining and complaining about difficulty entirely and continue developing Gregtech properly.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Just to remind you, creating a circuit in GT machine was more efficient material-wise. I see no problem in doing the same here, instead of just f-ng up the whole thing.

You can still craft Circuits in a similar fashion you did before, it just doesn't let you skip the tech tree that easily anymore by replacing Redstone with Red Alloy.

Whenever I add things I have two choices
    1. Make the new thing cheaper and/or more efficient.
    2. Make the old thing more expensive and/or inefficient.
    And I always aim for the least OP variant of those two. And if the old one was kinda OP already it obviously gets nerfed.

The whole recipereplacements section if I am not wrong with its Name.