[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Humans are aware of Minecraftia solely because it's mass is astounding and it's gamma signature can be seen all the way across the milky way.

if the weight tooltips are correct, my base is housing 3,403,661.536kg of plutonium. That.. . ....that's a lot, bro.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Just curious question.
    Started with TFC + GT 6 ....but....when I pick up TFC ores laying on the ground, I will get small GT ore - that is good, and only unification thing. BUT what is the problem - the have UNKNOWN amount + they cannot be smelted inside ceramic vessels TFC way (it stays as ores after burning) ....AND I have no idea how to (legitimately) get metal SAW to get benchmark to be able to craft GT thingies to smelt...

So...solution is to stop unifying, BUT....I really like unification toward GT ores...
    So....is the bug that :
    - they have unknown amount?
    - with unknown amount, they cannot be smelted?

I would love to need TFC smelting at the beggining, and also GT ores used all the way around.....is the unification toward TFC only solution?

• Also, bear's latest video has lists of minor bugs and recipe glitches and ???? and ??!??? for Greg.

https://youtu.be/-8j3bGDmoIs

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• U-238.. Well I guess you're not going to dare holding some ic2 u-248 than :p
    What about adding it? It would require to melt down a Nexey_ inside a Crucible filled with U-238 and it would make U-248, usable for tools, same durability as Uranium but with the enchant effect "Derping X"?

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• ...or you could just get a computer from this century that doesn't lag....

I'm using a quad-core 760k AMD FM2+ ($90), old 8GB DDR3-2400 ($80), an old ATI Radeon 4830 512 MB which is damaged, a 400 and 640 GB HDD from the SATA and SATA II ages respectively, and a 160 GB SSD.
    Newest thing is the motherboard. A FM2A88X+ BTC from ASRock. Was like $60 IIRC.

Total approximate value: $550

I have a modern quad-core AMD APU with 8 GB of RAM. My computer is plenty fine.
    The problem is that when I view an NEI page which happens to have all the GT coins on it, my FPS is no longer smooth and I want to murder you.

• Must not be very fast, then, 'cuz mine don't do that.

Also, GREGGG!

That annoying thing where it turns alloys into alloys before /other/ alloys is back. I can't make stainless steel- it keeps making Nichrome from the nickel and chrome, and the wrought iron and manganese won't combine with nichrome. :(

ALSO:
    Webscar's ore washer (using dual cauldrons) sometimes dupes ore when washing it. I am unsure how, but it occurs roughly 1 in 64 times. I AM certain of this, we've been using it for days and i've had too many obvious discrepencies. And AFAIK nothing drops purified or crushed ore when washed, so i'm sure it's not a byproduct. XD

Quoted from "zorn":

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• Wear on drives even rotating rust platters is why I do the following for MC servers:
    Have a start script copy world to Ramdisk /dev/shm or /run/shm if not already present in ramdisk (no overwrite if only MC crash/restart)
    Run hourly incremental rsync from ramdisk to main disk in case of server system deep crash or power outage.
    Ramdisk will be always significantly faster than driving an SSD.
    Rsynking to disk every hour cause way much less writes than those thousands tiny writes MC does constantly.
    In worst cases scenario, you return back an hour.
    You can use the rsynked disk world dir to do hourly, daily and weekly backups.
    I use a modified custom version of this script: https://github.com/Ahtenus/minecraft-init

• Not a bug. Your burning box is not outputting enough heat to actually heat that much iron faster than it cools.

Quoted from "zorn":

• possible bug
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/coqvrqcibbqkrrr/test.mp4?dl=0
    crucible not heating up when full of iron dust

Which version were you running there bear? I'm still on 39, and at least up til that version I can heat a crucible full of iron dust indefinitely, because the environmental heat loss is suspended while the burning box is on. Nothing in the changelog about changing that behavior in 40/41 but maybe it was a stealth nerf.

• Hmm I just tried with 41 and still can't replicate your test, my iron dust heats up fine. What type of crucible and burning box are you using? Which biome?

• Ok I think I see what's happening. I tested with three crucible types and a lead burning box (16 HU/t).

Ceramic 1392 15400 0.104
    Titanium 3531 17600 0.091
    Vanadium 4752 18800 0.085

I did observe the same behavior you did using the Titanium and Vanadium crucibles. Column 2 is crucible mass, column 3 is total mass with 16x iron dust rounded up to nearest 100 kg, column 4 is temperature increase per tick. At least in forest, environmental loss is 0.1 K per tick, so only the ceramic one is greater (because it has less mass to suck heat into). I think what happens is, there's a check in the code to see if the temperature increase from the burning box is higher than environmental loss. If so, environmental loss is ignored (easily verified with thermometer sensor). If not, it'll just increment and then decrement the temperature (no net increase or decrease over time).

Not sure if that's the intended behavior, but meantime try:
    1. using a crucible with a lower mass (if that won't compromise your desired melting point)
    2. burning box with a higher heat transfer rate
    3. smelt less stuff at once

• I know what happened. Your Burning Box is so slow at heating up the Material that the Cooldown Timers 10 ticks of delay before starting to Cooldown thing kicks in and the Temperature vanishes faster than you can supply it.

• That is kindof a Bug, but I will up that to 100 Ticks before it starts cooling down.

Oh and I know what you meant with the Plate Texture being a bit derpy. But please take into account that the vanilla Wooden Planks have the same Problem.

• I know what happened. Your Burning Box is so slow at heating up the Material that the Cooldown Timers 10 ticks of delay before starting to Cooldown thing kicks in and the Temperature vanishes faster than you can supply it.

This is where a linear approach of heat dissipation, convection and radiation make it an unusual experience.

• That will likely make the needed fuel to smelt something close to impossible to calculate.

I'd just expect there will be more advanced multi-block smelters with built-in temp regulation, insulation and heater part. Then you can mostly take away with environmental heat loss to make it an isolated system where the melted material never cool-down or only require a steady constant energy to maintain a fluid state.