[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Just stop with the trolling. We should be building gigantic nuclear reactors whose cherenkov glow can be seen from Mars. Not... this.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• The above would be nice. But it won't FULLY make the crucible foolproof, as I am a big enough fool that i've vaporized 4 or 5 damascus steel and blue steel swords by accidentally tossing it into the crucible instead of the dust I intended. XD

Also, is it too soon to suggest/discuss electrical stuff? Cuz I still wanna do a battery technology sheet.

Edit: Nevermind, did it anyway!
    https://docs.google.com/spread…ahtWc-hw/edit?usp=sharing

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 3 times, last by axlegear ().

• Some problems I have found while playing GT6:

1. Mining laser can not be crafted. When I plase the required crafting ingredients in the grid, it appears for smth like 1 tick, then it disappears. If I use AE2 crafting, it appears in the terminal, but I cannot take it out.
    2. Buckets do stack. But when I empty stacked buckets with liquid in a tank, only the last bucket from the stack returns to me as empty, others just disappear.
    3. MFR Drills produce bedrock ore and only it. I can process bedrock ore, but still, I think it is wrong that only this type of ore is produced.
    4. All ores appear in the world. I do not have ThaumCraft installed, but I also get amber ore in smth like ten variations. Tonns of useless ores fill my ME system.
    5. None of GT processing crafts are shown in NEI. Aspecially that bugs me when I see any dust cannot be smelted in the ingot. Greg says "Use NEI", but I can't! There is almost nothing that can guide me through many complicated steps of ore processing and can help me figure out the best ways of automating metals usage. The wiki of GT6 is also almost empty, so I have no idea what 50% of GT6 content comes from and where it is used.
    6. I find it smth unreal to see all ores being in all rock types. I can understand gravel iridium or smth, but sheldonite in sand??? This if total nonsence!
    7. Some modmakers somehow figured out how to disable sertain parts of the mod and to remove them from NEI. I have 24 pages of GT, of which 70% is the content that comes from other mods, f.e. ThaumCraft, Metallurgy, that I do not have installed. For those to function properly I have to turn my modpack in an absolyte beast having almost every mod possible installed and suffer from severe lags while doing anything.
    Can you please do smth about this?

Unofficial FTB Wiki administrator. Currently working on GregTech 5 Unofficial. Progress can be viewed here.
    logo.png

• 4. All ores appear in the world. I do not have ThaumCraft installed, but I also get amber ore in smth like ten variations. Tonns of useless ores fill my ME system.

Intentional, there are/will be uses for everything when complex material processing is added (I assume).

5. None of GT processing crafts are shown in NEI. Aspecially that bugs me when I see any dust cannot be smelted in the ingot. Greg says "Use NEI", but I can't! There is almost nothing that can guide me through many complicated steps of ore processing and can help me figure out the best ways of automating metals usage. The wiki of GT6 is also almost empty, so I have no idea what 50% of GT6 content comes from and where it is used.

*Sigh*
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Burning_Box
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Smelting_Crucible
    Shape: Smelting Crucible = :Electric Furnace: , Burning Box = :Advanced Furnace: , Mold = :Mining Pipe , :Intergrated Plating: = Air
    :Mining Pipe :Electric Furnace: :Mining Pipe
    :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Furnace: :Intergrated Plating:

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Smelt…ucible_Manual_(GregTech_6)
    Use that to help

This doesn't show up in NEI.

6. I find it smth unreal to see all ores being in all rock types. I can understand gravel iridium or smth, but sheldonite in sand??? This if total nonsence!

7. Some modmakers somehow figured out how to disable sertain parts of the mod and to remove them from NEI. I have 24 pages of GT, of which 70% is the content that comes from other mods, f.e. ThaumCraft, Metallurgy, that I do not have installed. For those to function properly I have to turn my modpack in an absolyte beast having almost every mod possible installed and suffer from severe lags while doing anything.
    Can you please do smth about this?

Intentional.
    They didn't (afaik) remove anything from the game, only NEI, which is like the easiest thing to do.
    Open inventory, click the bar at the top that says "Item Subsets". Nagivate to "Creative Tabs", and then Rclick on any creative tabs with the word "Ore" on it (or anything else from GT that you want removed). It won't show up in NEI.

2. Buckets do stack. But when I empty stacked buckets with liquid in a tank, only the last bucket from the stack returns to me as empty, others just disappear.

This shouldn't happen..... Full buckets aren't stacking for me, and it seems to be working fine (latest everything).

• Due to the way Greg generates the ores, if you even code a block name "Glass ore", you'll get it in envery possible material. But only a given materials will be able to generate. Hence you'll never find sheldonite in sand form, whereas it does in fact exist in NEI.
    You can disable some parts of GT6, go to mr10movie's channel and watch to at most 1 minute of his 4-5 latest videos, I know for sure he shows how to disable them.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Due to the way Greg generates the ores, if you even code a block name "Glass ore", you'll get it in envery possible material. But only a given materials will be able to generate. Hence you'll never find sheldonite in sand form, whereas it does in fact exist in NEI.
    You can disable some parts of GT6, go to mr10movie's channel and watch to at most 1 minute of his 4-5 latest videos, I know for sure he shows how to disable them.

Yeah I kinda need to actually make some GT6 videos......
    Well my exams are over now so... :D

• Yeah I kinda need to actually make some GT6 videos......
    Well my exams are over now so... :D

YOUR EXAMS ARE OVER AND STILL NO NEW VIDEOS ?!

• Lol, also I heard electricity and RF can be reconverted into each others if certain conditions are met... Lemme try on you ;D

/me discharges on you a chaotic flow of electricity half converted in RF....

• Also, GREG:
    Still can't make stainless! Put in 4 iron, 3 invar, 1 manganese, 1 chrome. Still nothing. Tried also with 4 wrought iron. Ditto. Nothing's working! Am on version .41
    Also tried 6 iron, 1 chromium, 1 nickel, 1 manganese. It just makes nichrome.
    Also tried 6 wrought iron, 1 chromium, 1 nickel, 1 manganese. Same.
    Also tried 1 chromium, 1 manganese, 14 invar. Nope. Zero stainless steel made.

That fix is not implemented yet, baka.

Whoops. Didn't notice the changelog change since the last changelog change and post that I may have misinterpreted as meaning 'it was fixed in .41'.
    Also, please don't call people idiot.

Everyone has the right to call someone else idiot if they do stupid things.

Greg I have an idea, the abiliy to put a plate over the top of the crucible, so we can take hoppers off without loosing them.

You mean like instead if breaking the Crucible in order to safely remove the Hopper? Or instead of filling the Crucible with a ton of Junk to prevent it from collecting the Hopper when it drops?

1. Mining laser can not be crafted. When I plase the required crafting ingredients in the grid, it appears for smth like 1 tick, then it disappears. If I use AE2 crafting, it appears in the terminal, but I cannot take it out.

You are sure it is not another Mod that does that? Because if GregTech removes a Recipe it does not "appear for a tick".

Last time I checked full Buckets did not stack. This is not a GregTech Issue dude.

3. MFR Drills produce bedrock ore and only it. I can process bedrock ore, but still, I think it is wrong that only this type of ore is produced.

Then your MFR Config is broken. Maybe you should complain to the people who make MFR.

4. All ores appear in the world. I do not have ThaumCraft installed, but I also get amber ore in smth like ten variations. Tonns of useless ores fill my ME system.

Yes there are quite some useless Ores out there, however those will get a use Later. This includes things like Amber.

5. None of GT processing crafts are shown in NEI. Aspecially that bugs me when I see any dust cannot be smelted in the ingot.

The Crucible Recipes are not listed inside NEI (because they don't have a normal Recipe System) and all Dust->Ingot Furnace Recipes except for a very select few are removed to make you use said Crucible.

Everything is there in case it happens to spawn somewhere. Even nonsense is available just for that one time that one person happens to make a World made of Sand. Or in case someone changes the GT Worldgen Config to spawn Sheldonite close to surface.

Oh and when Sandstone Ore gets broken it turns into Sand Ore.

Those Lags you complain about are from a wrongly installed Modpack and not from GregTech. If you are close to run out of Memory or PermgenSpace then you will receive extreme Lag, and this can happen with every Mod even without GregTech installed. Also the Amount of Recipes in NEI has nothing to do with Lag meaning you complain about the wrong things.

You should just go and use GT5 instead of bitching about Bugs which are not even Part of GT at all.

• Ok guys, I understood and will try to follow your advises. What is with mining lasers then?
    About full buckets: they did not stack before I installed IC2+GT6. I am pretty sure this option is implemented there.

Unofficial FTB Wiki administrator. Currently working on GregTech 5 Unofficial. Progress can be viewed here.
    logo.png

• @Above : Greg makes sure you can't stack things as easily as before. Like reduced stacksize for blocks, planks and such. Why on earth would he allow you to stack up filled buckets ?

/me hides

/me charges... KA ME HA ME HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!

• /me notices that the chaotic RF energy created from electricity has merged with part of my electric aura, for some reasons, the new temporary hybrid RF-Electricity aura resonates with the kamehameha formation.... DANGER !

• /me is drained out of energy but also sees something strange..
    Wait, who the fuck put this chaotic formation of RF here ? THEY'RE MERGING TOGETHER INSIDE A WHITE HOLE !!!!
    /me puts down a magic energy absorber next to a MFSU
    Quick, drain this out before mass energy is released through our earth!

• Via NEI Options I have hidden almost all metal-based parts. Now I have 24 pages instead of 53, and it is really enjoyable to use NEI again.
    I have found that there are 3 types of ore: smooth stone-based, cobblestone-based and bedrock-based, that share the same NEI creative tab, while other types of ores have their own. The name of the ore also does not differ between these three. Maybe this creates problem with MFR. Anyway, I will contact TeamCoFH and report this problem.
    Are there supposed to be any uses of other types of block of XXX plate, Crate of XXX, Block of XXX dust apart from compact storage? There is a mod that allows to use blocks of metal, gem and dust in full-metal crafting recipes, allowing for 9x output (f.e. 9 cauldrons from 7 iron blocks). I would really like this feature in GT, this would greatly boost the usage of these block types.

logo.png