[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Pls help!I can not melt bronze dust into ingots.

I bet you're trying to use the furnace. Read the Q/A.

Edit: hey, i got ninja'd by greg. I wanted to do the banhammer this time aww.

• What do Oilberries have to do with the Changelog? Those Berries will take a while I think until they appear in the Tech Tree at all.

That's what I'm looking for :D

*waits patiently*

Figured I'd ask since I used oilberries heavily back in GT3 for oil production. (There's no oil spring withing logical piping distance from my island)

• Why would you pipe the Oil? The best thing for oil is to make RAILS and use railcraft tankcart. By one ride, you can take about 8-10x 32 000 liters (with steam locomotive) and you can also automatize it with later stuff....and...it is not limited by range, only by rails you have... (and with tunnle bore you have also semi-automatic build of that)
    and rails are fancy, too ! :P

• Whoa, so the new sifting table let's us sift gravel to get clay? Finally a way to get renewable clay without macerating piles of organic material for dirt! Also certus quartz from gravel! Also nether wart from soul sand so you don't have to explore fortresses?
    But wow, sifting is so tedious, it's almost like you love us Greg :love:

• Whoa, so the new sifting table let's us sift gravel to get clay?

Yes it does.

Finally a way to get renewable clay without macerating piles of organic material for dirt! Also certus quartz from gravel!

I am not sure about Certus from Gravel though. I might remove that one, but I will keep the Quartzite.

Also nether wart from soul sand so you don't have to explore fortresses?

The Fortress only thing on the Warts always bugged me a little, since they have to come from somewhere in the nature.

But wow, sifting is so tedious, it's almost like you love us Greg :love:

Yes it is tedious, just like IRL.

I might do a Dirt/Grass/Mycelium/Podzol to Dry Dirt Recipe, so you can have no nasty Grass growing on your Yard. Ofcourse that would fully remove the Dry Dirt to Stuff Recipe.

• I suggest ash from podzol. Some podzols are really heavy in ashes.

Else, sifter is amazing. ;D

EDIT : I'm also against Certus Quartz from renewable materials. Maybe in Red Sand, 'cause it's a lot rarer, and non-renewable. (Even though red sand should be more garnet-ish.)

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Why would you pipe the Oil? The best thing for oil is to make RAILS and use railcraft tankcart. By one ride, you can take about 8-10x 32 000 liters (with steam locomotive) and you can also automatize it with later stuff....and...it is not limited by range, only by rails you have... (and with tunnle bore you have also semi-automatic build of that)
    and rails are fancy, too ! :P

Huh. Guess I...... didn't think of that. :wacko:

• It was, but the stupid way only.....without thaumcraft....
    You could get enough CLAY DUST just by macerating TONS of dirt, what was not really cool.... :)

Didn't you found a Mesa Biome? They are basically a enormous mass of clay (GT5 at least)...

• 7x tungstate -> 1x tungsten is a constant value?
    There will be no machines offering higher rate?

Correct, that thing is fixed. Just like every Material Configuration. The only thing I might do is increasing the amount of crushed ores per ore Block, but the rate of 7:1 will stay and is chiseled into figurative Granite.

• Greg can I make a small suggestion?

in the crucible tiers we basically go: ceramic 2500K - vanadium 2728K - Iridium 3398K - Tantalum 4112K - Tungsten 4618K

now there are other crucibles in the list that actually does't fill in for any of those well, like Molybdenum 3620K, that is almost a replacement for the iridium but its to hi smelting temp for vanadium, and in our old tier system iridium was a very high tier where here it is hard to find but 3rd tier. We have Twilight Forest so we just skip iridium and tantalum and use fiery steel by hammering the ingots to plates. So my question is can we have a little more tier progression for crucibles and maybe a this or that for some levels that will work well?

• The Crucibles work with IRL Melting Points + 25%. Complain to your God about that Problem but not to me. If you have no God, like many reasonable people including myself, then well, you have nobody to complain to and need to deal with it. Oh and iridium even though being very high Tier gets devaluated by IC² spawning shitloads of it in Dungeons.

The only possible Materials, which can actually work are either not available with current GT Ores or are Radioactive, or both. And if something is not available as Ore, I would have to add it as Byproduct of an Ore, what means that it would still be rare as fuck compared to Iridium.

The GregTech 6 Tree is not supposed to be linear anymore. Every Option that is possible should be able to be taken in any order as long as at least some prequisites are fulfilled.

• Is there a way to automate pouring molten stuff to molds ? Something to "click" on them for me?
    Redstone did not the trick for me in this case.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Randmax ().

• there's a tool called "monkey wrench". if you click a side of a crucible with it, it will automatically output to a mold next to that side.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• there's a tool called "monkey wrench". if you click a side of a crucible with it, it will automatically output to a mold next to that side.

Not the Side of a Crucible, the Side of the Mold which is facing the Crucible, by clicking the things from the top.

I wish it would be easier to explain that Functionality with Words and Stuff, but it isn't.

• The Crucibles work with IRL Melting Points + 25%. Complain to your God about that Problem but not to me. If you have no God, like many reasonable people including myself, then well, you have nobody to complain to and need to deal with it. Oh and iridium even though being very high Tier gets devaluated by IC² spawning shitloads of it in Dungeons.

The only possible Materials, which can actually work are either not available with current GT Ores or are Radioactive, or both. And if something is not available as Ore, I would have to add it as Byproduct of an Ore, what means that it would still be rare as fuck compared to Iridium.

The GregTech 6 Tree is not supposed to be linear anymore. Every Option that is possible should be able to be taken in any order as long as at least some prequisites are fulfilled.

You are so evil Greg. I like you that way :love: Tsun- Tsun- :love:.

• You are so evil Greg. I like you that way :love: Tsun- Tsun- :love:.

but a crucible that you have to make an iridium crucible for, when you can use the iridium crucible to make a better crucible, too, is pointless.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• but a crucible that you have to make an iridium crucible for, when you can use the iridium crucible to make a better crucible, too, is pointless.

Real life sucks, doesn't it ? Melt your Iridium crucible, what you gonna do ? Use the said material you COULD melt 'cause you once had a shiny Iridium crucible. Progress.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]