[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Will we get a way to transport Rotational, Kinetic or Heat energy? Atleast over a short distance?

• Yay, grinder! But i'm more interested in the code behind. ;)

That will be in the API once it is released. Now I have to make a GUI for that darn thing, because it is way too annoying to not put a GUI for the Inventory interactions...

Did I mention that each Machine Type has 24 different Textures? The colored base block (6), the inactive overlay (6), the running overlay (6) and the actually active overlay (6)

The difference between running and active is, that running = "Machine is ready to process and wastes shitloads of Energy in the meantime", while active means "a Recipe is processing right now"

Edit: Yeah once I make generic Cables I will also add Axles and Gearboxes and things. However, Heat Energy won't be transportable. At least there won't be a Heat Cable/Pipe or something.

• Edit: Yeah once I make generic Cables I will also add Axles and Gearboxes and things. However, Heat Energy won't be transportable. At least there won't be a Heat Cable/Pipe or something.

That´s great :D . I always missed a way to transport the kinetic energy in IC2exp.

• Would you add overlays for malfunction states with support for animations (think blinking red LED), and possibly any other operational states that could be rendered client-side?

While you are at attaching resources and states changes. It would be nice to have a much more polished sound handling. Think of:
    - Rotational sound proportionally pitched to rotational peed ramping up to speed and up to operational speed (bearring sound)
    - Input Item (mechanical click followed by current GT5 bender sound)
    - Output Item (mechanical click)
    - Input fluid (gargling lava bubble sound)
    - output fluid (gargling)
    - Processing item (specific to machine type)
    - Processing fluid (hissing/steam)
    - Machine stuck/malfunctioning/maintenance required (hammer/dang/buzzer)
    - Electric machine (no rotational element, transformers..) electric humm
    EDIT:
    Point is:
    - Having an immersive experience with: Stay near your machines and know what's going on without opening GUIs, like any concerned engineer technician would watch/listen a processing line.

You could also make smarter GUIs representing all machine states. More elaborate/electric machinery would have textual messages, more gauges, and please, if there is a GUI, you have buttons to STOP/START/RESET/PURGE. Wacking a machine with a hammer is ok for very low tech, it does not make sense with high tech.

The post was edited 1 time, last by leagris ().

• also, since kinetic energy will power many machines directly, how about a pump-storage as an early-game kinetic energy storage? Pumping up some cubic meters of water or a heavier liquid a few meters isn´t that bad as an energy storage. Would result in a storage of 9.8 j/m/kg.

• I love the mechanic of transporting "heat" via liquid.
    Bonus points if the pipe can carry a second liquid type. Every block the pipe should transform a tiny bit of hot coolant into cold coolant to reflect heat loss.

Not necessary, just super cool :)

( Fun to implement too. )

• For example Granites are found on land, and basalt is found everywhere in the ocean
    Thaumcraft's ores should generate in their respective similar biomes.

Limonite should be generate in swamps and actually replace dirt, while lower iron ores should be primarily made of Hematite or banded iron (it's kinda stupid that Limonite, the stuff that commonly spawns near water and stuff spawns well so far deep

I'd love to use customoregen but, i don't think it works with custom ore slots

also a can spawn in dirt option would be nice and give realism more realism to bauxite, garneriete and Limonite

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

The post was edited 1 time, last by EmperorHadriusIII ().

• Nice machines :D Also, those gimp textures... I know you are trying to do your best for fitting exp IC2 textures but have you been that desperate texture wise since Sirus Al-baka ?

• I've just watched mumbo's video about the top 5 unloved Redstone features, where he shows that he's never used minecart furnaces (yes, it has nothing to do with redstone). For his example, he makes it spin. And that gave me an idea to generate KU. What if we could generate early power with minecarts using a gearbox attached to the rails (kinda like how RC's cables can fit inside a block to power the electric rail above), thus making it spin while a minecart is above?
    That looks op, I know it, but let's face it : we can't really access powered rails at the beginning, thus minecarts and rails can likely be gained only through mineshafts early on so it can only be a "plus", hence not mandatory to go through the lowest tier. It is even harder to get the powered rails with RC. So perhaps this idea could work for the beginning, where we could have a grind stone akin to the applied energistics one, that we can use a hammer on to crush the ores (ores can be put inside via hoppers) and when we get to KU one can use the electric hammers.
    I don't think such machine will ever be added to the game, so I just say this could generate a bit of KU early on where we could push the minecart to crush some ores or power a furnace minecart for more convenience (this would of course never be enough to power even the worst macerator).

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• I loved Gregtech back when I was playing FTB Monster but when I installed the latest version in FTB Infinity, the game crashed with this error:

I'm trying to see how to fix this but as sick as I am today, I can grasp how to go about doing that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• It is clearly powercrystals stuff crashing there

To be fair it is Skyboy maintaining it now, which might well be a part of why it's never been fixed.

Such as this: https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/292

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Excuse me, but it's the only thing I installed today and without it, I'm able to play Infinity with everything running fine.

If you wish the full crash log, here it is: http://pastebin.com/Pw1DNXSg

AS I said, without the mod, everything works fine.

If you want to delete my post, feel free to do so.

• This is not an ignorance thing on my side, I know exactly what they do wrong, and if they are too stupid to use the IC² API properly after YEARS of it being like that, then it is purely their fault.

• You could always just disable Nether Ore's IC2 recipe adding in their config.

The worst thing is even if you added a pull request for them to do it properly they'd still blame GT and reject it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• oh also if there's red granite, and black granite why is there no White Granite, i mean especially since UBC doesn't add it, it kinda makes it of more importance. Also marble is weak as hell (as it should be), and the idea of something visually similar but, easily of greater construction usability. Just saying i love granite so, well so white granite it would make my day.

also limonite, bauxite, and garnerite need dirt counterparts, maybe like an option in the config (can spawn in dirt)
    you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!