[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I couldn't find vein for chromium in worldgen config. No ores in the config could be smelted into chromium.
    Do you want me to make custom one? or is there a right way?

• I tried Everything in the config list(mixed), but nothing had chromium as ore washing.(one ore had chromium piece or tiny pile but not dust)
    I don't know how byproduct works, so I don't know how to byproduct rubi to get chromium.
    I want to know what ore has it.

• Feel free to create such a table if one wasn't already made :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Greg,
    Few questions about the wires. first there will be coated wires eventually, or are we using rubber foil/plates? second can we either have a inverter redstone block for the red alloy type wires, or a way to screwdriver/monkey wrench them to invert? The plates actually showing a connection to the wires and pipes looks great btw. and if we put a aluminium plate or foil on a hot pipe will it cool it down? last question. did you forget or omit zinc wire? thanks for the awesome update and all your work this year. Merry Christmas!

edit: thought I was done didn't ya! Ha! Lumium and signalium alloy in NEI show the melting temp not the alloying temp in the combining crucible tab.

• first there will be coated wires eventually, or are we using rubber foil/plates?

You mean insulated CABLES ? (those dont have the word Wire in their Name).

second can we either have a inverter redstone block for the red alloy type wires, or a way to screwdriver/monkey wrench them to invert?

I'm pretty sure you can connect to Redstone Torches and even the Blocks the Torches are standing on. They do emit a strong Redstone Signal into the Block, just like a Repeater when connected that way.

and if we put a aluminium plate or foil on a hot pipe will it cool it down?

Regular Fluids have a constant temperature, soooooo - nope.

last question. did you forget or omit zinc wire?

I didn't "forget" any Wire afaik. But I did drop some Wires indeed.

Lumium and signalium alloy in NEI show the melting temp not the alloying temp in the combining crucible tab.

Know what you mean, will hopefully be fixed next Version if I don't forget it.

• I've just started a world with Gregtech 6 and I have to say I love it a lot more than Gregtech 5. Gregtech 5 was super cool, but was rather overwhelming. This one, on the other hand, feels far more fluid and is incredibly satisfying to play through. You did an amazing job on it.

One thing I am wondering, however, is the levels that all of the ores could be found at. Here: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing

There was was a guide to where to find all of the different ore veins and the math behind it. Is there such a guide yet for gregtech 6, and if so, wher might I find it?

• most of the veins are the same, if not all, other than the changes in banded iron replacing iron. Also you can look in gregtech config folder for the world generation file and find all the info in there.

• most of the veins are the same, if not all, other than the changes in banded iron replacing iron. Also you can look in gregtech config folder for the world generation file and find all the info in there.

Really, the same? Didn't Gregtech 5 have enormous Veins that were like, 16x16x8 at the smallest with up to 4 different ore types? I'm playing and I'm finding small veins not unlike vanilla veins, with at most 2 different types. And So far I haven't found too much other than copper, tin, lead, and banded iron, the former 3 of which I've found at all levels. Seems entirely different from gregtech 5.

I'll watch the tutorials soon, though. Thanks for the link.

• ummm, do you have custom ore gen installed, or something. there are small ores all over but there 1 here and there, that drop either crushed or dust, not the ore it's self. and unless you have another mod adding regular style veins of ore they should still be in the large 3x3 chunk style veins with a mix of 3 or 4 ores per vein.

• Every OreDictMaterial has a Quality, a Durability and a Speed Value stored inside.

OreDictItemData tData = OM.data(YOURSTACK);
    if (tData != null && tData.mPrefix == OP.toolHeadPickaxe) {
    // then simply access those 3 Fields to get the Material Stats.
    tData.mMaterial.mMaterial.mToolQuality;
    tData.mMaterial.mMaterial.mToolDurability;
    tData.mMaterial.mMaterial.mToolSpeed;
    }

• well, if it works it is good.