[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• GregoriusT, answer me! GregTech 1.6.2 4.08s not worked a Superconductor wire. I hook it to(example) mfsu and induction furnaces, but the connection does not occur, but rather the energy goes through the wire. PLEASE FIX!!!

It's an ancient GT Version, there won't be a fix from my side ever. That Version is at least 3-4 years old if not more. Also I have no Idea what would be wrong anyways.

• Lauynasl, in any bookshelf, from any side.

Greg, will magnifying glass work also on covers, like pumps? That would be awesome (or at least include pump info with machine info)

• I checked some bookshelves' back sides, found nothing. I'll have to search again... How do the keys look? Also, are there any hidden rooms?

Gas burning boxes... finally :) This will allow me to build nuclear biogas power plant. I'm curious, how expensive are these gas burning boxes - I can't check for a while.

• Keys look like books in bookshelves. So you have to harvest them all and eventually you'll get keys.

Well at least that's how I got my keys. Some are still missing but there's too many bookshelves XD

• Well, we managed more times that we found one more key than safes. So there might be some hidden safe, but no luck, yet. Greg some time ago wrote, that exactly every safe has a key somewhere. But dunno, if every key has exactly one safe xD

Covers : we can wait, at least you would have one thing already done for next week, without needs of new ideas. :)

• I tried to store Steam in a Drum to have some kind of storage buffer between my soon-to-be array of boilers and my main pipieline, but even though I could pump the steam out with a cover it was not even powering a bronze steam engine.
    I even used the highest tier of pump cover but was unsuccessful too.
    So should I make the steam "hot" again in a boiler or maybe pressurize it somehow to send in back in the pipes ?
    Is it even possible ?

I liked the idea of making a lot of steam, storing it, and use it when needed, though...I was even considering building a RC Iron Tank for that purpose :D

there is both a minimum and maximum steam input for steam engines, turbines, ect. however at the same time they produce variable outputs based on how much they are taking in, so choking the input is sometimes necessary depending on your setup,

like how I was using single chrome boilers per bronze machine, early on, which functioned quite well until I tried a bigger boiler + storage setup, caused my a lot of headaches until I realized my sluice had a trolly 32 ru/t (I had assumed wrongly that all bronze machines were 64/t) which made my steal turbine to make it spazz out since it's steam input was making it overwhelm the sluice, however using a Ender IO pressurized conduit solved it for me choking it down to 100 steam/t.
    --------------------------------------------

@Greg: something I wanted to bring up, I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue, however I've been experiencing problem with boilers for the past several versions, (only reached a point I was comfortable getting into machines around then), my boilers, regardless of size, water supply, or pressure (at least that I can tell) randomly stop working without any clear indicator of what is causing the problem.

the boiler remains in 'paused' state where both the burner is running, and the pointer remains in the functional zone however no steam is produced until it is replaced and the pressure builds back up, however it then ceases to function a short time later again. (also removing the burner, the pointer does not move)

at first I assumed this may have been some type of maintenance mechanic (like the multi blocks in previous versions), however it happens so often that I highly doubt it.

due to my issues I went into creative and did a bit of trial and error scenarios with water and steam build up, having various infinite water sources and transports (Ender IO reservoirs, Pressure Pipes infinite water sources, traditional pump methods)

with each and every method, the result was the same, it would work for a time, then cease functioning entirely after an inconsistent amount of time, and would never explode( so I don't think it was some type of desync issue ).

Update: after some time it does appear that without a burning box the pressure does begin to drop, I just underestimated how long my boiler would take to cool down

Update 2: while not seeming to make a huge difference size does seem to effect how long it takes, but it happens to all boilers eventually.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Avura: Further testing proving something I said false. ().

• Avura, try to use magnifying glass on it. ;)

I completely forgot that was a thing, though I have no idea what this 'calcification' is but it stopped functioning when it reached 100%, so that is definitely the culprit, just need to figure out how to deal with it.

I have a feeling it's related to distilled water though, I don't know how practical that is for a dense tungsten steel boiler lol

• I completely forgot that was a thing, though I have no idea what this 'calcification' is but it stopped functioning when it reached 100%, so that is definitely the culprit, just need to figure out how to deal with it.

I have a feeling it's related to distilled water though, I don't know how practical that is for a dense tungsten steel boiler lol

Shameless advertising: here is my take on Calcification :
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Getti…GregTech_6)#Calcification

You don't need an Ender I/O to limit your Steam flow. GT Pipes have innate bandwidth to handle that.

For exemple both of my Brass Steam Turbine are connected to my main Steam pipeline by using Tiny Copper Pipes, which adequately limit the flow to a level my turbines can handle.

Regarding Steam Engine, I understood that there is some leeway around the input but since it has an internal energy storage mechanic, it can indeed be difficult to get how the Frequency work. I still don't get how a Bronze Engine could be more efficient than a Steel one, as I read earlier, so for now I just blast as much as I can in my Titanium Steam Engine and handle the eventual overload by redirecting Steam.
    That's why I was interested in storing the Steam but since I can't seem to make it work even with Turbine I let that aside for the moment.

Now, time to finish Drying all my Sluice Juice and make lots of Burning Boxes !

• Avura, calcification is that regular water when boiled, will leave minerals inside of boiler. More calcification = less effective the boiler is. So it ends that all heat is consumed by those minerals that are stuck on boiler's sides, and it loses more heat to air around than burning box supplies(effectively it is insulator ). Then water is cold xD .
    You need to use distilled water or let the boiler get cold and decalcify it by chisel. :)

• Avura, calcification is that regular water when boiled, will leave minerals inside of boiler. More calcification = less effective the boiler is. So it ends that all heat is consumed by those minerals that are stuck on boiler's sides, and it loses more heat to air around than burning box supplies(effectively it is insulator ). Then water is cold xD .
    You need to use distilled water or let the boiler get cold and decalcify it by chisel. :)

dense tungsten boiler with a titanium distillery, what could possible go wrong *and then realizes it's burning through my charcoal at like 2 a second* ... woops

time to ruin all the beautiful forests, rivers and mountains around my base to build tree farms everywhere before I realize there is a better way and then feel dumb about it.

• Get autosapling mod, then your trees will regrow xD or use bc oil or so...so many ways...

Greg. Just updated and found your ic2 generator recipes. The regular generator is nice, good. BUT. You added recipes for water and wind generator, but those are deprecated, you should have instead made recipes for new kinetic wind & water generators. Those old ones are not kinda used, the new ones are WAY better and fancier :) can you exchange them, please? So old ones don't have recipes but new ones (kinetic ones) have your recipes? Thanks !

You can decalcify the boiler when hot (in the white region - I'm unwilling to try when it's actually pressurized) without dying if you're wearing a full hazmat suit.

Or you can break it and replace it, of course...

• have found 5 keys (from "Key #1" to "Key #5"), then unlocked 4 safes. I can't find a safe for "Key #3". Where is it hidden?

not every locker will have a key. the first bunker I found didn't have even a single key in it, it's just random.

also, to clarify, keys can only be used on their specific locker, so you cannot take the numbered keys to lockers in other bunkers.

You can decalcify the boiler when hot (in the white region - I'm unwilling to try when it's actually pressurized) without dying if you're wearing a full hazmat suit.

Or you can break it and replace it, of course...

I can answer that for you, it EXPLODES :D

also I STRONGLY recommend doing some test explosions before assuming an area is explosion proof... reinforced blocks exist for a reason!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Avura ().

• not every locker will have a key. the first bunker I found didn't have even a single key in it, it's just random.

also, to clarify, keys can only be used on their specific locker, so you cannot take the numbered keys to lockers in other bunkers.

This is wrong. EVERY Safe has a Key. EVERY SINGLE SAFE. You just didn't find it. It is guaranteed to generate Keys. Maybe look better next time before claiming that there is no Keys.

However there is 4 Safes and 5 Keys, guess what Key #3 is. ;)

• This is wrong. EVERY Safe has a Key. EVERY SINGLE SAFE. You just didn't find it. It is guaranteed to generate Keys. Maybe look better next time before claiming that there is no Keys.

However there is 4 Safes and 5 Keys, guess what Key #3 is. ;)

there may be something I've missed, but I've emptied out 5 bunkers so far, and so far only 1 has had all of the keys in it, and the first one I found did not have even a single key.

I'll give things another look but short of ripping out all the floors and walls I'm not sure what else there is meant to be