[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Little research:
    Made strongholds little bigger.
    Found like 5 libraries, one room with safes.
    Two different keys #1, same key id.
    One key #2
    Three exact keys #3 and one more key #3 from different material, same ids.
    Two different keys #4, same id.
    One key #5.

Key 3 does not fit :)
    ...that was no surprise, the thing that some keys generate more than once was :0)

• Hello :) Finally crafted solar panel, wondering, how can i use it without IC2 batboxes? Cause it gives only 1-8 (ULV) EU, and there is no batteries for ULV Battery Box. I am trying to use GT stuff only.

• Geez, there is an LV -> ULV Transformer, maybe you should use that one, and dont forget to Monkey Wrench it to invert the Direction.

And no LV Machine will ever accept the 8 of a Solar Panel. Just because 16 is considered acceptable for both LV and ULV doesn't mean that LV Machines would ever accept regular ULV.

The IC2 Stuff is now completely unneeded for GT EU, there is now always a way to avoid IC2. No exceptions.

• Geez, there is an LV -> ULV Transformer, maybe you should use that one, and dont forget to Monkey Wrench it to invert the Direction.

And no LV Machine will ever accept the 8 of a Solar Panel. Just because 16 is considered acceptable for both LV and ULV doesn't mean that LV Machines would ever accept regular ULV.

The IC2 Stuff is now completely unneeded for GT EU, there is now always a way to avoid IC2. No except

Sorry for making you sad :-D I tried that transformer too, and tried to invert it, somehow failed, it won`t work for me (

• Hello,

I try to craft some silicon. According NEI i need a crystalliser but it seem that i need iridium for all of them. Is it a NEI bug or is it intented? To be honnest find lot of iridium in early game is really difficult and random ;)
    (GT6)

Thanks

• Hello,

I try to craft some silicon. According NEI i need a crystalliser but it seem that i need iridium for all of them. Is it a NEI bug or is it intented? To be honnest find lot of iridium in early game is really difficult and random ;)
    (GT6)

Thanks

Just did it not long ago. Run between 40-50 and you will find vein. Random and difficult, but possible. You need lvl 4 pickaxe for it, or wash it out from sheldonite and platinum from the same vein.

• Just did it not long ago. Run between 40-50 and you will find vein. Random and difficult, but possible. You need lvl 4 pickaxe for it, or wash it out from sheldonite and platinum from the same vein.

Thanks. But, as i remember, sheldonite and iridium spawn only in the end? Does it gen in the overworld now??

• Thanks. But, as i remember, sheldonite and iridium spawn only in the end? Does it gen in the overworld now??

Yes, i`ve found it in the overworld. Of course you can check your worldgen config file to be sure.

• Hi Greg:

Found little errors while diving in recipes:

Glyceryl trinitate/trinitroglycerine is C3H5(NO2)3 but not C3H5N3O9 (easily understandable due not being inorganic chemistry but organic chemistry: the nitro- group is NO2); also its name under the electrolyzer as a fluid appears as glycerol, not glyceryl trinitate.

Sodium bisulfate is the traditional name of sodium hydrogenosulfate (NaHSO4) and, due the recipe, it appears to be sodium sulfate (Na2SO4).

Sodium persulfate/sodium peroxosulfate is Na2S2O8, but not NaSO4.

Sugar, if electrolyzable, ought to give carbon dust, hydrogen and oxygen; currently gives carbon dust, water and oxygen.

• Are you sure you're in the right thread? Those chemical formulas seem more like something that would be in GregTech 5 Unofficial, which has a separate thread: [GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable. rather than GT6.

• I've noticed several things while playing with the last version.
    - I can't drink milk from a wooden bucket (but I can from an iron bucket). Didn't try before though but thought it was worth mentionning.
    - I'm not taking damage from touching pipes or being near a non-sealed wood pipe anymore, and I'm fully naked. It's a recent change, I think because I always walk on my (hot) pipes so I'm used to get burnt often :3
    - I don't know if it's relevant but two or three weeks ago when I removed RailCraft my obsidian axes didn't give any scrap anymore and now that I have put it back again for the Coke Oven (now that I know it's kosher) I got scrap again. Forgot to talk about that then, sorry.

Also I noticed (from a hunch) that you can make Distilled Water from just Water in a Dryer.
    I won't get a calcified Boiler ever again :P

• Hi Greg:

Found little errors while diving in recipes:

Glyceryl trinitate/trinitroglycerine is C3H5(NO2)3 but not C3H5N3O9 (easily understandable due not being inorganic chemistry but organic chemistry: the nitro- group is NO2); also its name under the electrolyzer as a fluid appears as glycerol, not glyceryl trinitate.

Glyceryl Trinitrate? You mean TNT? Sorry but GT6 literally doesn't have TNT. That stuff is Nitroglycerine also known as Glyceryl. And Glycerol is another different organic thing.

Sodium bisulfate is the traditional name of sodium hydrogenosulfate (NaHSO4) and, due the recipe, it appears to be sodium sulfate (Na2SO4).

Naming Conventions are something that is lacking in this case.

Sodium persulfate/sodium peroxosulfate is Na2S2O8, but not NaSO4.

The Chemical Formula is evenly divisible by 2 if you didn't notice that.

Sugar, if electrolyzable, ought to give carbon dust, hydrogen and oxygen; currently gives carbon dust, water and oxygen.

Intentional, you get Water instead of Hydrogen and Oxygen whenever possible.

I've noticed several things while playing with the last version.
    - I can't drink milk from a wooden bucket (but I can from an iron bucket). Didn't try before though but thought it was worth mentionning.

Ofcourse you cannot drink from Buckets, why the fuck do people want to drink from Buckets, Buckets are for placing Liquids inside the World, not for drinking. I will add a Tooltip to milk now because this just gets too stupid for me.

- I'm not taking damage from touching pipes or being near a non-sealed wood pipe anymore, and I'm fully naked. It's a recent change, I think because I always walk on my (hot) pipes so I'm used to get burnt often :3

What?, The Pipes are still doing Damage whenever its logical for them to deal Damage. And wooden Pipes cant contain Hot Fluids, so why do you expect Damage?

- I don't know if it's relevant but two or three weeks ago when I removed RailCraft my obsidian axes didn't give any scrap anymore and now that I have put it back again for the Coke Oven (now that I know it's kosher) I got scrap again. Forgot to talk about that then, sorry.

The amount of Scrap you get is random, I bet you just had bad luck.

Also I noticed (from a hunch) that you can make Distilled Water from just Water in a Dryer.

Yes that is a thing, I intentionally added that Recipe.

• Ofcourse you cannot drink from Buckets, why the fuck do people want to drink from Buckets, Buckets are for placing Liquids inside the World, not for drinking. I will add a Tooltip to milk now because this just gets too stupid for me.

Because we can drink from bucket IRL (although I agree it can be messy) and we can drink milk from Iron Buckets in the game, so that's a logical assumption to make.
    And also the initial wiki guide mentionned (wrongfully now, I got it) that having a milk wooden bucket was a good idea because skeletons could carry radioactive tipped arrows, and I assumed it was still true.
    Good thing if you change the tooltip. I'll fix the wiki accordingly, then.

What?, The Pipes are still doing Damage whenever its logical for them to deal Damage. And wooden Pipes cant contain Hot Fluids, so why do you expect Damage?

But since they are not sealed and hot steam goes through them they should let out a bit of steam and that did damage me before and I had the same Steam setup: I use a tiny wood pipe that is connected to a bronze turbine.
    And I also got some hot steam going through copper fluid pipes so I should be damaged by touching them, shouldn't I ?
    And I'm sure it did damage me before and I had to wear my Hazmat Suit to not be damage by pipes or not sealed pipes having steam going through them.

The amount of Scrap you get is random, I bet you just had bad luck.

Yeah I got that, but I felt a really strong difference between before and after, but maybe I'm using more axes now than before and it jams up my inventory slots pretty quickly and I notice it more.