[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Quoted from "seregheru"
    All the tiny piles have recipes that accept 9 piles and emit a full pile. You dont need to craft them together for processing. You can just take a GT Hopper, set it to 9 with the Screwdriver and place it next to the Machine that you want to process the ores in.

Sorry, I wasn't completely clear. I'm not talking about processing 9 tiny refined ores as though it was one whole one.
    I'm talking about recipes that require regular dusts (i.e. exactly 1 "unit", rather than 11/9ths of a unit).

E.g., to electrolyse refined magnetite, currently I run it through a shredder to get 11 tiny dusts, then combine in a
    dust funnel to get 1 regular dust with 2/9ths of a unit left in the funnel, then electrolyse the regular dust.

What would be great would be if I could throw a refined magnetite into the dust funnel, and have it add the same as
    11 tiny dusts, so that I could skip the shredder step. From an RP perspective, I'm not sure what the shredder is supposed
    to be doing - it is only resizing piles, exactly what the dust funnel exists to do.

• Redined Ore != Dust. Guess why I will never allow that.

Ah. That's where I was going wrong. I was imagining them as literally 11/9ths units piles of dust.

Edit: as an aside, maybe now that you have nerfed charcoal production, perhaps you could un-nerf light grey dye production from ashes?
    Or at least black dye from carbon dust (IRL carbon black is one of the most significant sources of black dye). I understand that the recipes
    were over-writing more important recipes in machines, but since you have generic dye items now, maybe an unshaped recipe for
    ashes->light grey dye, dark ashes->grey dye, and carbon black->black dye would be possible?

• How to craft carbon crucible?

Uncraftable right now.

as an aside, maybe now that you have nerfed charcoal production, perhaps you could un-nerf light grey dye production from ashes?
    Or at least black dye from carbon dust (IRL carbon black is one of the most significant sources of black dye). I understand that the recipes
    were over-writing more important recipes in machines, but since you have generic dye items now, maybe an unshaped recipe for
    ashes->light grey dye, dark ashes->grey dye, and carbon black->black dye would be possible?

Nah, not gonna unnerf that one.

Anyways, I updated GT, now with Coke Ovens. ^^

https://www.patreon.com/posts/just-one-day-but-7167396

• Nah, not gonna unnerf that one.

Anyways, I updated GT, now with Coke Ovens. ^^

Fair enough.

In other news, just noticed that greatwood and silverwood are still directly smeltable to charcoal...

Edit. Ok, I don't understand this "amperage" system. Built an energy distribution network, the lowest
    "amperage" rating on any part of the network was at least 2x the largest amperage that could possibly
    be flowing through the cable, even if every generator/battery box were outputting it's maximum
    simultaneously.

On the generator side I had 8 sodium batteries in two MV battery boxes, each connected via a transformer
    to gold cables. The one nearest the output side was rated for an amperage of 24 (8x gold cable), the
    other was rated for an amperage of 12 (4x gold cables). Based on the maximum output of the battery
    boxes the maximum amperage flowing through the cables should have been 8 and 4 respectively. Given
    that the transformer steps the voltage UP by 4x, I imagined that the amperage would drop by 4x, BUT
    I still built the cable network assuming it wouldn't.

This connected to an HV battery box with 2 lithium batteries. On the consumer side I had 2x gold cables,
    rated for 6 amps, despite the maximum possible amperage being only 2.

Somehow, after turning on a compressor and wiremill simultaneously, everything just caught fire. 3/4 of
    my total gold reserves disappeared in an instant.

I don't understand. Based on the tooltips, my network should have been safe to the point of paranoia.
    I don't mind being punished if I can look at the situation and say "D'oh, I screwed up", but I can't see
    what I did wrong and I took extreme precautions to try to prevent exactly this. To be honest I'll probably
    use NEI to replace the cables, but not before I know how to stop this happening again.

6.03.28:
    [NOTE] I can't exactly pinpoint what I did, but I think removing some vanilla function from my TileEntities (which was only used for comparator inventory scanning), made the FPS go up extremely on my Client for some reason, and the RAM usage doesn't escalate insanely fast anymore and now goes from 1GB to 2GB, instead of 2.5GB to 4GB.

Hacks! ...I mean... Nice!

Can you publish this fix somewhere? I would find it kinda useful :)

• Is this GT6 or GT5u? As far as I can tell from the changelog, GT6 doesn't have a wiremill.

Anyway, that seems like it should be safe (although one or more screenshots after replacing cables might allow me to pick out something that's not obvious from your description), but there's one thing I can think of to check: did you build a roof over your machines? I found out the hard way a while back that building in desert/savanna biome does not eliminate the need to build a roof.

Is this GT6 or GT5u? As far as I can tell from the changelog, GT6 doesn't have a wiremill.

Anyway, that seems like it should be safe (although one or more screenshots after replacing cables might allow me to pick out something that's not obvious from your description), but there's one thing I can think of to check: did you build a roof over your machines? I found out the hard way a while back that building in desert/savanna biome does not eliminate the need to build a roof.

GT6. All indoors. Ended up using NEI to rebuild with 8x gold cables throughout. Worked fine for a while, then randomly caught fire again.
    When I say randomly, I don't mean in response to turning another machine on, I mean completely out of the blue. Everything was working,
    then about 5 mins later everything was on fire.
    Bizarrely, the wire destruction seems to jump through battery boxes and transformers and trash all wires however indirectly connected...

Was about to take some screenshots to show the wire layout, but have hit into something weird. Nothing is turned on, yet all my battery
    box is draining itself out constantly. When I delete the adjacent wire, it charges. When I place the wire back it drains out. Nothing is on,
    and even if EVERYTHING was on, it wouldn't exceed the output of my generators, so the batteries would be charging anyway. There is
    some phantom EU sink on my wire network...

• there is a bug in the current GT6 build .28 update with wires, all of mine in my base burned up today including 64x EV long distance cables. they all have been in place and working fine till today.

• Hello there. Just a little suggestion, can you "greg" the recipe of IC2 electronic curcuit? It allows some stuff like eu-sensor to be crafted way easier than with greg-system circuits.

Oh nice !

Time to remove RailCraft again, and for good this time.
    Now I'm a just pump block away from removing BC too

I am currently store water in RC raintanks, and i want to get rid of RC too, what`s my other options?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Brjuseg ().

• I am currently store water in RC raintanks, and i want to get rid of RC too, what`s my other options

ExtraUtilities Drums. Expensive but way more versatile.

Tried the Oven in Creative and loved it. It's going to be tough replacing my furnace array with an oven array, though XD

Two questions though :
    - There are no recipe to make coal coke dust blocks from coal dust blocks. RC didn't either but I would like to make sure it's wanted by design since we can make coal coke blocks from coal blocks.
    - I can see the shredding recipe for clay into clay dust when I look at clay usage recipes ("U" shortcut) but not when I look at clay dust recipes ("R" shortcut). I can see the mortar recipes in both cases, though.

I also tried the Dust Funnel because I didn't know it existed until it was mentionned recently and I'm definitely going to write about it, because I wish I had known about it before crafting my gazillion tiny dusts... :3

One last question: I tried to use the Plunger on my Bath (the non-machine version) to empty its water content but it didn't work. I wanted to do so because I used it to turn clay dust to clay balls.
    Should it work that way ? If not how can I remove water from a Bath if its content has been partially used ?
    Buckets couldn't remove the water either...or course mining the Bath and putting it again did the trick but I wonder if there's a neater way.

• Ninja-Fixed the Burn Counter underflowing into positive Numbers causing every single Electric Wire to burn after a fixed amount of time. Please redownload Version 6.03.28. http://gregtech.overminddl1.co…egtech_1.7.10-6.03.28.jar

Nice catch! Impressive speed on the bug-fixing. I was worried that it might be one of those typical mod issues that is inexplicably broken and
    might never be fixed.

You say in the changelog that you've noticed a big speed-up on your machine and aren't entirely sure what it is. I actually noticed a small reduction
    in performance. Previously I was getting mostly 60 FPS, occasionally dropping to 50s. I'm now getting mostly mid-50s, rarely getting up to 60.
    I can't actually detect the difference myself, so it doesn't bother me, but I play with the FPS display permanently turned on, so I couldn't help
    noticing.

My set-up is: Windows 10 Home, Intel i5-4590, nVidia Gefore GTX 680, 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 RAM.

Maybe that can help you narrow down what exactly made the difference. My guess is that you have less RAM and it's mostly a memory usage
    issue?

• Hello,

First thanks Greg, you're the best, coke oven works fine and happy that you found the cable issue as i thought that i missed something in my factory setup héhé

I have some quick questions :

1) is there a way to move your chests with items inside (like jabba barrels), it's always a pain to move from bigining cave to house/factory/tower/castle ;)

2) is there a way to release pressure from boiler to allow us to use chisel without explosion (it's boring to wait 1 hour that it cool down to 0) ;)

3) is there a trick with centrifuge? all other machines seem to work fine but my centrifuge doesn't work even with enough power ... (i tryed lava and ashes) it just doesn't start. (or maybe a diagnose with a tool to know what is going wrong?)

4) is it possible to add a receipe to transform basic iron block to iron block plates, block of solid iron? or just use cutter to make iron plates with iron block?

5) is it possible to add a tool book to explain the usage of each tool? I loss a crazy time to discover that cutter is used to link machines with power cables. Wrench for pipes is obvious but cutter to assemble is not really ;)

6) i found the receipe for the themoelectric generator a little too easy (for infinite power), maybe you can nerf is as you did for other IC2 machines ;)

7) is it intended to make mandatory use of iridium for crystalliser craft? Is it possible to have alternate receipe for basic model? (tungstene? platinium?) (i don't womplain i love challenge)

• 1) is there a way to move your chests with items inside (like jabba barrels), it's always a pain to move from bigining cave to house/factory/tower/castle ;)

Nope, I won't let easy Inventory Mass Movement happen in GT.

2) is there a way to release pressure from boiler to allow us to use chisel without explosion (it's boring to wait 1 hour that it cool down to 0) ;)

How about you distill the Water before using it instead? There are intentions behind the letting it cool down part.

3) is there a trick with centrifuge? all other machines seem to work fine but my centrifuge doesn't work even with enough power ... (i tryed lava and ashes) it just doesn't start. (or maybe a diagnose with a tool to know what is going wrong?)

Maybe look up the Recipe and check the overclocking costs and Input Energy. There is Tooltips on the Machine for all those Stats.

4) is it possible to add a receipe to transform basic iron block to iron block plates, block of solid iron? or just use cutter to make iron plates with iron block?

You cannot interchange Ingot/Plate/Gem/Solid/GemPlate Blocks with each other, that would be cheaty and remove the need for processing Machines.

5) is it possible to add a tool book to explain the usage of each tool? I loss a crazy time to discover that cutter is used to link machines with power cables. Wrench for pipes is obvious but cutter to assemble is not really ;)

How about you read the Tooltips of the Wires? It's ALL inside the Tooltips if you would actually care to read them.

6) i found the receipe for the themoelectric generator a little too easy (for infinite power), maybe you can nerf is as you did for other IC2 machines ;)

it needs Plutonium, that is the hard Part. Also its crafting Recipe requires a Generator and look how nerfed that thing is.

7) is it intended to make mandatory use of iridium for crystalliser craft? Is it possible to have alternate receipe for basic model? (tungstene? platinium?) (i don't womplain i love challenge)

Iridium is the ideal Material for that purpose, so I chose it.

• 2) is there a way to release pressure from boiler to allow us to use chisel without explosion (it's boring to wait 1 hour that it cool down to 0) ;)

It doesn't explode if it's in the white zone when you chisel it. It'll still kill you if you're not wearing a hazmat suit, but...wear a hazmat suit.