[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I did as you say (removing GT config folder, I didn't touch it before anyway) but I still got some IC2 Macerator/Compressor Recipes.
    But it's true I don't see the Shapeless IC2 recipe for Bronze dust so it did work a little at least.

Btw, I was not talking about the recipe to make the machines (I could not care less about IC2 machines now), but rather the recipes that are available for these machines.
    For instance, I still see the recipe for Crushed Ore to Purified Ore for IC2 Macerator, or the one for Iridium Shards to Iridium for IC2 Compressor.

It's a mild inconvenience but it's just clutter when I browse NEI Recipes tabs, that's all.
    If they can't be easily removed it's ok, I just wanted a lazy easy way

• Because the Bronze Pickaxe you are using is NOT from GregTech. That's why! Use the Bronze Pickaxe of GT instead of the one from IC2 or TE.

Umm... I thought I was. I made it with a hammer, file, and plate instead of the standard 3 bars. How do I use the GT one?

• Umm... I thought I was. I made it with a hammer, file, and plate instead of the standard 3 bars. How do I use the GT one?

I'm guessing you made it in one step, using the metal, tools, and two sticks for the handle?

Don't do that. Make the head first without the sticks, then add one stick to the head to make the tool.

• Hi Greg,

Was just thinking about how I'll likely lay out my new refinery, trying to get a few things pre-built, but mostly trying to work out the
    footprint of the whole facility. A few issues that could have an impact:

* Do you need to heat ALL heat acceptors, only the centre, or any combination of them?
    (I'm hoping to go for an easily automated layout, which will involve leaving extra space for igniters and pistons for each burning box)
    * Are the outputs all on one side, wrenchable, or on all 4 sides? (Or all 12 faces?)
    (At the minute I picture running 3 pipes down two opposite sides to the ground then off to different tanks underground)
    * How much by-product is produced? From the 1:1 oil:BC fuel output, I'm guessing the volume of other products is only a few litres per bucket?
    (should my BC fuel tank be much, much larger than the others or should I build 6 equally sized output tanks?)
    * Is the whole unit weather-proof, or will it explode in the rain?
    (from an aesthetic/role-play point of view, I quite like the idea of the tower being outside, but I could build CF around it if necessary)
    * Roughly how expensive is it? Based on other recipes, I'm half expecting the whole tower to cost more than 700 units of stainless steel,
    so I'll probably only be building 1... but if it's significantly cheaper I might go for a row of 3.

The MetaData of the Stuff NEVER changed and will never change! You must have used wrong IDs in the first place to have that happen!

Yeah, I was talking about IDs, not meta-data. Choum33 said he wanted the "name and the associated number" so I assumed he wanted IDs. In
    any case, I was thinking back to CustomRecipe recipes for Archimedes Ships with TFC (since TFC removes a lot of vanilla items), not GregTech.

• Are extruders supposed to round up? I'm seeing a bunch of recipes (specifically for brass and electrum item pipes) where the output contains more metal than the input, sometimes by a significant factor (like 1 gear going to 2 pipes). This seems very easily exploitable.

• Look up the MetaData in NEI. Only the Unification could screw you up, if other Mods are loaded since it would use the other Mods Items as Outputs.

Ok, so, if i understand, the only way to find the infos is the NEI? No text file fixed or generated somewhere? (i have some other mods but all of them was installed from beginning, and as i wrote, the nugget is clearly a gregtech object in NEI ;)
    Sorry for the noob question but it's first time that i try to change receipes ;)

• Oilberries or "install buildcraft and explore" or Botania soul sand conjuration (needs Botania progression, I've never done that). Anything else to distill for at least plastic? (Seed oil, creosote oil, etc.)

• * Do you need to heat ALL heat acceptors, only the centre, or any combination of them?
    (I'm hoping to go for an easily automated layout, which will involve leaving extra space for igniters and pistons for each burning box)

Ofcourse you don't need to heat all of them, that would be crazy. You just have a large Area where you can place Burning Boxes, in case you use non-dense Invar Boxes.

* Are the outputs all on one side, wrenchable, or on all 4 sides? (Or all 12 faces?)
    (At the minute I picture running 3 pipes down two opposite sides to the ground then off to different tanks underground)

The Outputs are all on the Backside, but it's 8 different Holes, vertically aligned.

* How much by-product is produced? From the 1:1 oil:BC fuel output, I'm guessing the volume of other products is only a few litres per bucket?
    (should my BC fuel tank be much, much larger than the others or should I build 6 equally sized output tanks?)

You get about 2x Lubricant, 1x Fuel, 1/2x Everything else.

* Is the whole unit weather-proof, or will it explode in the rain?
    (from an aesthetic/role-play point of view, I quite like the idea of the tower being outside, but I could build CF around it if necessary)

Thanks for reminding me of making all Multiblocks Weatherproof.

* Roughly how expensive is it? Based on other recipes, I'm half expecting the whole tower to cost more than 700 units of stainless steel,
    so I'll probably only be building 1... but if it's significantly cheaper I might go for a row of 3.

3-4 Stainless Steel per Casing.

Are extruders supposed to round up? I'm seeing a bunch of recipes (specifically for brass and electrum item pipes) where the output contains more metal than the input, sometimes by a significant factor (like 1 gear going to 2 pipes). This seems very easily exploitable.

Fixed.

• Every time I restart minecraft server and log in, I get new supporter's certificate. I still have much space on the wall, but at one point I will have to look for another place to live and decorate...

• Every time I restart minecraft server and log in, I get new supporter's certificate. I still have much space on the wall, but at one point I will have to look for another place to live and decorate...

Look inside the GregTech.log of the Server, there should be some sort of Exception regarding File saving/loading, because I store everyone who has already gotten the Certificate in a Serverside File. Maybe you don't have all the needed rights to the Hard Drive or something.

• Great, a Bug where I dont have any Idea how it could happen, and where I dont have any way to reproduce it since it works for me, and it also works for the Test Bear on Thylacraft.

Try to delete the .dat File you just mentioned, maybe that helps.

• details

Interesting... so will a dense invar box max a tower out?

And am I reading it right that there will be a much larger volume of outputs than inputs?
    (even discounting the gases). IRL the refined products do have lower density, but I think
    it's around a 10-15% difference - it looks like you'll have more like an 8-10x times difference.
    This is potentially an enormous boost to the energy content of oil, unless kerosene/petrol
    are wildly underpowered vs BC fuel.

• Yeah, with Oil it will be like with Lapis Ore, you get much more volume out of it than the original thing contained.

And the other things are about almost Fuel level.

Also Soulsand will give you a dedicated "Soulsand Oil" that has lower Outputs. But I think all of the Refining can be self sustained by just redirecting BC Fuel to the Fluid Burning Box(es).

For normal Oil, you can process 1350 Buckets of it in 24 Hours at max Speed and 337.5 Buckets at min Speed. So unless you are in Singleplayer, one Distillation Tower is enough.

As for Creosote Processing, I looked it up on Wikipedia and I don't quite know how the entire process is supposed to be going on. Could anyone give me a few proper suggestions? Because I need to know where the distillation Tower would output the lighter Creosote Products. Also are Plastic and Parrafin Wax a thing for Creosote?

• Yeah, with Oil it will be like with Lapis Ore, you get much more volume out of it than the original thing contained.

Nice.

For normal Oil, you can process 1350 Buckets of it in 24 Hours at max Speed and 337.5 Buckets at min Speed. So unless you are in Singleplayer, one Distillation Tower is enough.

Yeah.... I can burn around 500 buckets in a couple of hours on single player... But with additional by-product fuels, and the fact I may be able to afford up to 3 towers eventually, I may just be able
    to keep up.

As for Creosote Processing, I looked it up on Wikipedia and I don't quite know how the entire process is supposed to be going on. Could anyone give me a few proper suggestions? Because I need to know where the distillation Tower would output the lighter Creosote Products. Also are Plastic and Parrafin Wax a thing for Creosote?

I think the difficulty is that the Wiki article treats creosote mostly as an end-product. I guess the most useful GT products of creosote would be plastics, via phenol and naphthalene. The RL processes
    are fairly long and would involve adding many new single-use intermediate materials, but maybe a gamified version could involve a mixer recipe, with oxygen and a vanadium pentoxide catalyst?
    (the output being plastic). I think the phenol would come out nearer the top of the distillation tower and the naphthalene further down?

edit: seems derivatives of naphthalene are also used in dye-making, so perhaps it could also be used in making chemical dyes?

---

edit2: I'm having some trouble keeping a hydrogen fuelled gas burner lit. Based on the 16 HU for every 2L of hydrogen, it should take around 68L/t to keep a dense tungsten
    burning box lit. I'm using a Compact Electric Pump (HV), with pumping capacity of 16,000 L/sec (800L/t at 20 ticks/second), and Bronze Fluid Pipe with bandwidth of 450L/t.
    I'm not sure if it's the pump, the pipe or the burning box, but something seems to off vs the tooltip.

• edit2: I'm having some trouble keeping a hydrogen fuelled gas burner lit. Based on the 16 HU for every 2L of hydrogen, it should take around 68L/t to keep a dense tungsten
    burning box lit. I'm using a Compact Electric Pump (HV), with pumping capacity of 16,000 L/sec (800L/t at 20 ticks/second), and Bronze Fluid Pipe with bandwidth of 450L/t.
    I'm not sure if it's the pump, the pipe or the burning box, but something seems to off vs the tooltip.

The Pumps are doing a "per second" thing, meaning they don't emit every tick. And the Burning Box might not be able to store enough Hydrogen for a process. Hydrogen isn't meant to be used as Fuel anyways. :P

I might fix some part of that.

Hydrogen isn't meant to be used as Fuel anyways. :P

Yeah, but I need the drums emptied...

edit: just thought..... if pumps work that way, then would that limit the pump rate to the attached pipe capacity per second?
    As capacity is only 4 times bandwidth, would that mean that the achievable bandwidth for a pump driven pipe network is only
    1/5 of the stated bandwidth?

edit2: Based on your explanation I just attached a single large galvanised steel pipe between the pump and the bronze pipe
    network and the burner stayed lit until the drum emptied - victory!

• As for Creosote Processing, I looked it up on Wikipedia and I don't quite know how the entire process is supposed to be going on. Could anyone give me a few proper suggestions? Because I need to know where the distillation Tower would output the lighter Creosote Products. Also are Plastic and Parrafin Wax a thing for Creosote?

It seems the only use for creosote, from what I saw in Wikipedia, is for preservative of wood and its distillates (mainly phenol, naphthalene, phenanthrene and anthracene) are used in the pharmacological field, but nothing for plastics nor paraffin except phenol, which can be used for plastic creation (even I had to check all my organic chemistry books for this :D ). Sooo... burn that thing or use it for railbeds (railcraft)/treated wood (immersive engineering).

I think the difficulty is that the Wiki article treats creosote mostly as an end-product. I guess the most useful GT products of creosote would be plastics, via phenol and naphthalene. The RL processes
    are fairly long and would involve adding many new single-use intermediate materials, but maybe a gamified version could involve a mixer recipe, with oxygen and a vanadium pentoxide catalyst?
    (the output being plastic). I think the phenol would come out nearer the top of the distillation tower and the naphthalene further down?

edit: seems derivatives of naphthalene are also used in dye-making, so perhaps it could also be used in making chemical dyes?

IRL Naphthalene derivatives are used mainly for plasticizers in PVC and dyes, but nothing more aside of that.