[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hey guys,

Ive run into problems running a crusher and im curios if there is a workarround.
    Basicly i have these since i started using it

So the Problem is, the Steam engine running the crusher, does after a short (1-2min) Settling time start to blink between green and dark green, very high frequent and as a result, spams chunk updates through the whole game.
    With the Setup turned off, and my other machines running in the background, f3 shows me between 0 and 6-10 chunk updates.

edit: chunk updates might not be the problem, but the stutter is gone the exact moment i disconnect the steam engine from the pipe. And by stutter i mean game performance, and not the machine not working

With the Steam engine running, it basicly stays the same, until it starts blinking again. them im up on an avarage of 30 chunk updates, but spikes go up to 400!
    At this point, the whole game stutters

The Egine setup is
    Dense invar BB -> Stron Invar Boiler -> Bronce Fluid Pipe (the one on the boiler has a pressure valve) -> Chromium engine (was Titanium but that has the same problem) ->bronce crusher
    Running on dest. water, so 0 calc

addition: I tried it before submiting this post with a strong invar engine (this one should operate above tooltip power, instead of below like chrom or titanium) yet still after 3 mins running smoth, it started flickering leading to stuttering.

anyone having similar problems? this one is gamebreaking imo

im Running 03.40 right now

The post was edited 1 time, last by Orka45 ().

• anyone having similar problems? this one is gamebreaking imo

im Running 03.40 right now

I'm not having gameplay stutters but I am having weird steam system behavior, discussed previously. I've now replaced the final pipe with a small steel pipe, which didn't help, and added another lead/invar steam source. Somehow that does enable the system to run (it should in theory be feeding exactly the maximum steam the turbine can accept) but somehow pressure builds up in the smaller boilers, and when they get past about halfway up the dial the system starts stuttering, presumably due to the boilers increasing output and sending too much steam.

I think the revision to the fluid pipe logic did some weird things...

• Yes, but I can't find any.

Damn no Manganese vein ? I feel you. So I reckon you don't have Niobium or Tantalum ? Tough luck... Well I struggle for Nickel myself lol

In other news, the Juicer seems very interesting !

• Damn no Manganese vein ? I feel you. So I reckon you don't have Niobium or Tantalum ? Tough luck... Well I struggle for Nickel myself lol

Tungsten ores can also give some manganese. It sluices from Tungstate and Sheelite, and can be magnetically separated from either of those plus Tungsten ore. (You can also get it by electrolysis of grey vitriol from sulfuric acid treatment of the same ores, but that needs the hardware to run a 96 V electrolyzer so probably isn't helpful.) EDIT: Of course, that's a rare vein.

Nickel can be had by sluicing copper (common everywhere) and yellow limonite (found in rather common veins) and can be magnetically separated from copper ore.

...Incidentally, with the changes to refined ores I really strongly recommend getting a magnetic separator, unless you're already doing acid bath ore refinement at least. Refining purified ore now adds 1/8th of a unit to the value of the main ore in addition to giving you side products. EDIT: Though if you've got a shredder you could get 1/9th of a unit of side product instead by shredding the purified ore and centrifuging or electrolyzing the resulting purified dust. Which is sometimes a good deal, depending on what the side products are.

• can someone tell me with what low level setup they run their bronce crusher? i want to give it a last shot

2x Bronze boiler and bronze burning box OR lead boiler and invar burning box (invar is probably more fuel-efficient, but takes longer to get started), small bronze pipes to a steel steam engine connected to the crusher. Bear in mind that you have to wait a while after the steam engine starts making wooshing noises before it will be going fast enough to run the crusher.

I then stuck a brass item pipe on the bottom to pipe the output into a chest (bronze chest, now, for capacity and fireproofing) and put a chest of ores to crush on top but that isn't required to run the thing.

It might also work with a bronze steam engine, but I have not tried that. If you don't have distilled water, definitely use the bronze boilers, not the lead/invar. The bronze has extra capacity so calcification won't make them stop working too fast.

• Tungsten ores can also give some manganese. It sluices from Tungstate and Sheelite, and can be magnetically separated from either of those plus Tungsten ore. (You can also get it by electrolysis of grey vitriol from sulfuric acid treatment of the same ores, but that needs the hardware to run a 96 V electrolyzer so probably isn't helpful.) EDIT: Of course, that's a rare vein.

Nickel can be had by sluicing copper (common everywhere) and yellow limonite (found in rather common veins) and can be magnetically separated from copper ore.

...Incidentally, with the changes to refined ores I really strongly recommend getting a magnetic separator, unless you're already doing acid bath ore refinement at least. Refining purified ore now adds 1/8th of a unit to the value of the main ore in addition to giving you side products. EDIT: Though if you've got a shredder you could get 1/9th of a unit of side product instead by shredding the purified ore and centrifuging or electrolyzing the resulting purified dust. Which is sometimes a good deal, depending on what the side products are.

Yeah my primary source of Nickel is Copper at the moment, which is nice because I use bronze as my dispensable tools source in my advanced crafting table.
    Yellow limonite is also a nice source because we need so much Iron for steel and stainless steel anyway.

That's why I don't complain that much: In exchange for that missing Nickel vein I have two Palladium/Iridium and 2/3 Manganese veins, and I just discovered an Asbestos one on the bottom of the ocean.

I've started to look into the ocean and it's quite easy to spot veins actually: nothing block the view and doing some diving help tremendously. Using a mod like Journey Map can even point you in the right direction with the map (look for dark spots in water). I managed to find a dozen veins by using this trick. Galena, Absestos, Redstone, Monazite, Sodalite, and even Palladium/Iridium, lots of veins can be find this way.

I even started to make night vision/water breathing potions for this very purpose. Fishing, yay !

• can someone tell me with what low level setup they run their bronce crusher? i want to give it a last shot

My go-to setup that worked with my Bronze crusher was Titanium BB, Titanium Boiler, Titanium smal pipe, Titanium Engine.

That being said, it's was not effective at all. I think I could have used a Steel engine way more efficiently, now that I know about overdriving Turbines.

• Steel burning box, steel boiler, steel pipe, steel engine, bronze crusher (connected in this order). Then more pipes and a tank for distilled water.

ive tested them all the ones who got posted here now and that one seems to be the best. while running slower, it doesnt impact my game performance at all but it really took a while till the machine did start
    The one Ulzgoroth posted with the two bronce bb was good too, but every couple minuts it spiked. that might go away after a extendet running period? anyway, i go for the single boiler one

thanks guys

• Is there a way to put back fluid from a mixer/bath into a wood barrel ? I tried reversing the pump, taking fluid with a bucket/measuring pot and using it on the barrel but nothing worked.

Did I miss some trick ?

• ive tested them all the ones who got posted here now and that one seems to be the best. while running slower, it doesnt impact my game performance at all but it really took a while till the machine did start
    The one Ulzgoroth posted with the two bronce bb was good too, but every couple minuts it spiked. that might go away after a extendet running period? anyway, i go for the single boiler one

thanks guys

A game performance spike, not a steam machinery performance spike?

Yeah, that's...a separate problem. You probably should look into why your minecraft is malfunctioning... (What's the memory allocation like?)

• A game performance spike, not a steam machinery performance spike?

Yeah, that's...a separate problem. You probably should look into why your minecraft is malfunctioning... (What's the memory allocation like?)

3gb, the newest java is installed and my cpu is overcloacked to 4.5 ghz...
    the minecraft client is new installed as i installed the modpack (so nothing 2 year old broken)

as i get a new rig sometimes next spring im not fixing anything on this rig untill its a fatal error

anyway, the steel engine doesnt impact the performance (because it doesnt flicker with its color i guess) so i got that for now.

• I have a slight problem with my bronze centrifuge, it isn't working with rare earth. I centrifuged rare earth dust, and the centrifuge got stuck and I have to break it to get it working again. Does anyone has any Idea what's going on? I lost 10 tiny piles of rare eath dust this way... ?(

• I have a slight problem with my bronze centrifuge, it isn't working with rare earth. I centrifuged rare earth dust, and the centrifuge got stuck and I have to break it to get it working again. Does anyone has any Idea what's going on? I lost 10 tiny piles of rare eath dust this way... ?(

It should be possible, as it's a 64 RU/t process and that's the upper limit for the bronze centrifuge, but that also points to the likely problem. If you put in more than 64 RU/t, the centrifuge won't run because it's overloaded, and if you put in less than 64 RU/t it won't run because it doesn't have enough power for the task. This means that your driving mechanism needs to work just right or you're going nowhere.

A few updates back, I ran a similar task (centrifuging sluice juice) in a bronze centrifuge, using an invar turbine fed from a medium bronze pipe with 1 small bronze pipe extending to one side and two to the other side, and a bronze boiler+bronze burning box under each of the four pipes. All with distilled water of course, don't even try it without that. I've taken the thing apart by now and haven't run it in a few GT versions, but it worked at the time.

If you want it to be easy get a steel centrifuge and a steel or better turbine and you should have plenty of margin for error.

• 3gb, the newest java is installed and my cpu is overcloacked to 4.5 ghz...
    anyway, the steel engine doesnt impact the performance (because it doesnt flicker with its color i guess) so i got that for now.

3GB is not enough...put it at 4GB, even 6GB if you can (we all got 8GB anyway now, don't we ?).

Modded minecraft clients are way more resource hungry and despite GT efforts to optimize here and there, there are performance sinks in the base vanilla client (and IC2 I reckon) that you have to power struggle with more RAM.

I'll try to investigate the color flickering impact, it may explain some spikes I've gotten too.
    Most of the time I got lag spikes when I run my 3 three bb/boilers and 2 or 3 machines, so I guess there may be something to be wary of.

If you want it to be easy get a steel centrifuge and a steel or better turbine and you should have plenty of margin for error.

Plus it's a good incentive to go full Steel before starting the big projects like Stainless Steel Tanks, Distillery Tower, and so on..making an infrastructure for Steel based machines allows for faster processing on the whole, especially when you understand how turbine/engine overdriving works.

Found a Nickel vein in the ocean, after drowning thrice, yay. Now to find a Tungstate vein to finally make a Smelter. I think I'll make the Crystallisation crucible first since I've got the Iridium to do so.
    I also started to dabble with paint...and my base is now as colorful as a MyLittlePony episode. Do we have some cleaner to remove all that ? XD

The post was edited 1 time, last by Flaoua ().

• I thought the crucible was only able to hold 16 units total? I apparently got a little too close last night and died, and though I swear I was not holding any cobblestone at the time, and the only thing that I seemed to be missing was my bronze helmet, the crucible was full and I poured out 32 stone plates, then the dozen or so steel I had been working on.

• The crucible can only hold 16 units, but items can fall into the interior, under the level of the stuff "in" the crucible, and be automatically incorporated into the contents once the contents have dropped enough.

You can even stand in a full crucible, but if it is hot it will burn you.
    Also, try putting mobs in a hot crucible, they smelt into odd things, especially villagers.