[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Microblocks? Never happening, it is just too broken and laggy.

Any Texture? Yes that is something that already exists, try using Canvas as Covers and scan and print a Block onto them to have their Texture, or just flat out use an IC2 Obscurator on a Canvas.

Protective? Aren't most of them Protective already?

• What is the best way to squeze reeds for reed water? I was using a steel engine with two bronze boilers and it worked fairly well, but I am upgrading my steam plant to dual dense invar/lead to get more power for the centrifuge, and it seems that running a strong invar engine off of 128 steam/t is slower than the old bronze setup due to the cycle time of the engine not being as overclocked and the KU/t is way overkill and wasted.

• Crop breeding question. I've got a plant that looks like one step before maturation Plumbilia, but has stayed in that state for several days now. I thought it might be the iron or gold crop and tried using a gold block or an iron block (placed just below the dirt the crop is on) to get it to mature, but neither seemed to work. What else should I try?

• Crop breeding question. I've got a plant that looks like one step before maturation Plumbilia, but has stayed in that state for several days now. I thought it might be the iron or gold crop and tried using a gold block or an iron block (placed just below the dirt the crop is on) to get it to mature, but neither seemed to work. What else should I try?

IDK whether GT6 crops require material/ore blocks below, but if you can make an IC2 cropnalyzer, that can identify the crop while it's growing. Otherwise, you could try copper, lead, and tin blocks. IC2 has its own crops for those, and with default textures, their first few stages are pretty much identical to Plumbilia/Ferru/Aurelia.

• So I have run into a new, weird bug tonight. I have a small bronze fluid pipe line for liquid fuel. It runs from the fermenter to the big tank, with 3 small side branches, two off to burning boxes, and one that sits very near the big tank that I use to dump in barrels full of creosote when I need to use up the stuff, after draining all of the rum out of the line into the big tank. My fermenter got full and could not output any rum into the line even though there was plenty of room in the big tank ( and the pipe was only connected to the input of the tank ). I thought maybe there was some creosote that somehow got stuck in the line, so I used some barrels to pull all of the rum out, and the fermenter *immediately* started to empty. I got no creosote out of the line either ( totally empty barrel connected for a while ), so I put all of the rum back in, and the system started working fine again after that, for some time. Then it happened again a while later.

Then I noticed that my dryer was not emptying out of distilled water either. It is on a small bronze pipe line that runs over to all of the boilers, with a side branch or two to pick up the output from the turbine and engine, and another in the middle that goes off to a ton of huge wood pipes to buffer. I connected a barrel to the very first part of pipe coming right out of the dryer and it filled up right away, emptying the dryer and pulling water from the rest of the system without any clogs. I put the barrel of distilled water back into the huge wood pipes, and still the dryer refuses to drain. I finally used 3 barrels to completely empty the distilled water system ( 4th one remained empty, confirming the system was dry of all fluids ), and then dumped it all back into the huge wood pipes and the dryer still refuses to empty ( any newly created distilled that is... what was in there was pulled out right away ) unless there is a barrel connected to the pipe exiting the dryer, or the rest of the system is completely empty. Disconnecting the pipe from the dryer, then pulling only one barrel ( 16000L ) of distilled water out of the system, and then reconnecting it to the dryer will not pull the 168 L of distilled water out of it, even though there is clearly room for at least 16000L of distilled water in the pipe system. W.T.F?

I have two crops that I cross bred from reeds that look like black reeds until they reach the final stage, then turn gold. I swear one of them gave me blaze powder the first time I harvested it, and the other one gave blaze rods. I thought they were the same plant and whether you get powder or rods is random. The first one has been stuck at the first stage of growth for days now, so I think it is bugged. Maybe you are seeing the same bug?

• Hi Greg,

I'd been trying to make tin alloy for a few hours (admittedly while drinking sweet, sweet booze) but burned through about 3 ceramic crucibles and failed, only ever generating "tin plates"

So I go back to NEI for the 50th time and think, "Hm, maybe I need to actually use actual tin dust for this recipe". So I grind one of the tin plates I had made only to have the mortar generate tin alloy dust -- so apparently the tin alloy plates display the name "Tin Plate" at the first line, but show "tin alloy" in the 4th line. If I hadn't activated the H+F3 feature I might have never known. Just FYI (also I'm still a little booze-o-lized so maybe I'm wrong? But I don't think so, it's been forever since I officially posted something here, and I usually check myself a few times before I post)

• Hi Greg,

I'd been trying to make tin alloy for a few hours (admittedly while drinking sweet, sweet booze) but burned through about 3 ceramic crucibles and failed, only ever generating "tin plates"

So I go back to NEI for the 50th time and think, "Hm, maybe I need to actually use actual tin dust for this recipe". So I grind one of the tin plates I had made only to have the mortar generate tin alloy dust -- so apparently the tin alloy plates display the name "Tin Plate" at the first line, but show "tin alloy" in the 4th line. If I hadn't activated the H+F3 feature I might have never known. Just FYI (also I'm still a little booze-o-lized so maybe I'm wrong? But I don't think so, it's been forever since I officially posted something here, and I usually check myself a few times before I post)

there is bug with naming them, try to look at contains and not on name, it should be tin alloy if you did it correctly

• IDK whether GT6 crops require material/ore blocks below, but if you can make an IC2 cropnalyzer, that can identify the crop while it's growing. Otherwise, you could try copper, lead, and tin blocks. IC2 has its own crops for those, and with default textures, their first few stages are pretty much identical to Plumbilia/Ferru/Aurelia.

I have tin and copper plants already which look completely different from Plumbilia/Ferru/Aurelia and grow fine without any special blocks underneath. Are you sure there's another tin and copper plant that look the same?

I didn't think tin or copper can be made into blocks the same way anyway. You can make a 'block of copper ingots', but can you make a 'block of copper'?

• I have tin and copper plants already which look completely different from Plumbilia/Ferru/Aurelia and grow fine without any special blocks underneath. Are you sure there's another tin and copper plant that look the same?

Yes. GT tine and coppon look different, but try looking in the IC2 jar at assets\ic2\textures\blocks\crop, and the texture files for cyprium, plumbiscus, and stagnium.

I didn't think tin or copper can be made into blocks the same way anyway. You can make a 'block of copper ingots', but can you make a 'block of copper'?

In GT 6.03.42, I'm having trouble finding a way to make the "Block of Copper Ingot" - according to NEI, putting 9 copper ingots in a crafting table would give me the IC2 "Copper Block". However, NEI Integration shows that both are ore-dictionaried under "blockCopper", which is what Cyprium would be looking for. "oreCopper" should also work, but GT5e iron ore didn't work for Ferru even when manually placed (as opposed to worldgen), so I wouldn't count on GT6 ores working either.

• So, one page before i asked something about turbines for my electrolyzer setup.
    But one thing bothered me
    Ulzgoroth Said steam /3 = RU in a turbine, just as the Tooltip numbers say.
    And it is exactly like that.
    I got 2 Tungsten BB, a chrome turbine and a mv dynamo
    2*125HU*2 = 512S/t
    512S/t /3 *0,75 = 128 EU
    And i have like 126 EU on the meter after the electrolyzer, so the math is right

But there is this 66.66% efficiency on the Turbine tooltip

66.66 in my book is 2/3, so i searched the changelog for "Turbine" (found only 2 entries, but one was about boilers)
    and i found no change of the following described by greg

6.03.19:

But we have Steam /3 *0.75 = EU, equalling to one quarter

Can someone explain this? because thats the same thing i got when i did the math on my electrolyzer for the first time, when i calculated with the 66.66% of the tooltip (and it confused me a lot)

• So I have run into a new, weird bug tonight. I have a small bronze fluid pipe line for liquid fuel. It runs from the fermenter to the big tank, with 3 small side branches, two off to burning boxes, and one that sits very near the big tank that I use to dump in barrels full of creosote when I need to use up the stuff, after draining all of the rum out of the line into the big tank. My fermenter got full and could not output any rum into the line even though there was plenty of room in the big tank ( and the pipe was only connected to the input of the tank ). I thought maybe there was some creosote that somehow got stuck in the line, so I used some barrels to pull all of the rum out, and the fermenter *immediately* started to empty. I got no creosote out of the line either ( totally empty barrel connected for a while ), so I put all of the rum back in, and the system started working fine again after that, for some time. Then it happened again a while later.

Then I noticed that my dryer was not emptying out of distilled water either. It is on a small bronze pipe line that runs over to all of the boilers, with a side branch or two to pick up the output from the turbine and engine, and another in the middle that goes off to a ton of huge wood pipes to buffer. I connected a barrel to the very first part of pipe coming right out of the dryer and it filled up right away, emptying the dryer and pulling water from the rest of the system without any clogs. I put the barrel of distilled water back into the huge wood pipes, and still the dryer refuses to drain. I finally used 3 barrels to completely empty the distilled water system ( 4th one remained empty, confirming the system was dry of all fluids ), and then dumped it all back into the huge wood pipes and the dryer still refuses to empty ( any newly created distilled that is... what was in there was pulled out right away ) unless there is a barrel connected to the pipe exiting the dryer, or the rest of the system is completely empty. Disconnecting the pipe from the dryer, then pulling only one barrel ( 16000L ) of distilled water out of the system, and then reconnecting it to the dryer will not pull the 168 L of distilled water out of it, even though there is clearly room for at least 16000L of distilled water in the pipe system. W.T.F?

Does that happen at a Chunk Border? I need to know how that Issue comes to be.

Hi Greg,

Those "Tin Plates" are Railcrafts "Tin Alloy Plates", they have a wrong Name, but I can't change that easily.

So, one page before i asked something about turbines for my electrolyzer setup.
    But one thing bothered me
    Ulzgoroth Said steam /3 = RU in a turbine, just as the Tooltip numbers say.
    6.03.19:
    Steam Turbines, for Steam -> Rotation Units (RU) with a loss of 33.333...% (exactly 1/3rd).
    The 2/3 Efficiency of the Turbine and the 3/4 Efficiency of the Dynamo add up to an overall 1/2 Efficiency (exactly 50%) when converting Steam to Electricity

The official 1:1 Ratio for Steam to EU is "2 Steam = 1 EU". That is what the 100% is based off of.

• Does that happen at a Chunk Border? I need to know how that Issue comes to be.

I'll check tonight. The odd thing is that this setup has been working fine for me all week, and the only thing I have changed recently is replacing two of the bronze boilers with dense invar ones. Logging off and back in wouldn't fix it either and like I said, even after completely draining the water line and seeing the dryer working correctly again, it stops up as soon as I dump some of the barrels of distilled back into the pipes, so I'm kind of stuck. Maybe I'll try that scanner thing on it tonight.

• New question...what's the actual behavior of transformers? Obviously they take in higher/lower voltage electricity and put out lower/higher voltage, but I don't see anything explaining exactly how the wiring works.

My guess is that the lower-voltage side can take in or put out a higher amperage, and it probably adds together all the EU/t coming in and emits as a single packet when stepping up, and divides the input into 4 equal packets when stepping down. ...But I'd kind of like to know whether I'm on target before I build and possibly proceed to blow up a bunch of hardware.

Yes. GT tine and coppon look different, but try looking in the IC2 jar at assets\ic2\textures\blocks\crop, and the texture files for cyprium, plumbiscus, and stagnium.

In GT 6.03.42, I'm having trouble finding a way to make the "Block of Copper Ingot" - according to NEI, putting 9 copper ingots in a crafting table would give me the IC2 "Copper Block". However, NEI Integration shows that both are ore-dictionaried under "blockCopper", which is what Cyprium would be looking for. "oreCopper" should also work, but GT5e iron ore didn't work for Ferru even when manually placed (as opposed to worldgen), so I wouldn't count on GT6 ores working either.

Thank you, I'll try out the other blocks and hopefully figure out what I've got there.

2 Steam == 1 GU (Generic/Greg Unit) at 100% efficiency.
    That is the ratio that greg bases other efficiency levels off of.

This is of course the answer, but I'd add that the 2:1 relationship isn't an just a defining basis for 100% efficiency, it is 100% efficiency. Boilers generate 2 L steam per HU input. Thus perfect efficiency would be 1 GU usable energy per 2 L steam input. If you generated 1 GU per 1L steam input your system would produce more energy out than you put in.

• @Tin Alloy problem:
    Use minetweaker and this:

Code
    1. <Railcraft:part.plate:2>.displayName = "Tin Alloy Plate";

It will help you and your players from a lot of headaches :)

• Greg, I have an idea for another Steam Machine: the Steam heater.
    So you would input steam, and the heater produces HU and distilled water, but not enough to make infinite steam. You could use this to heat up a crucible, a fermenter, an oven, etc. Obviously this is kind of overpowered and fully understand if you don't add it. :D I thought it would be cool

• Greg, I have an idea for another Steam Machine: the Steam heater.
    So you would input steam, and the heater produces HU and distilled water, but not enough to make infinite steam. You could use this to heat up a crucible, a fermenter, an oven, etc. Obviously this is kind of overpowered and fully understand if you don't add it. :D I thought it would be cool

I'm not sure what's overpowered about being able to use steam to transmit heat energy. From a realism perspective, though, it'd be very weird to heat a crucible to thousands of degrees using steam at just a few hundred.

• Boy that scanner tool sure is verbose. I'm not sure what was up with the rum pipe but it is working now, and I figured out what is wrong with the distilled water: the pipe balancing algorithm is not proportional. That is, all of the huge wood pipes are sitting at just over 600/2400 so they have room for more water, but the bronze pipes are also at 600/600, and so can not accept any more from the dryer.