[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• geez, when do people learn that using two different Pipe Sizes isn't a good idea at all...

After extensive individual experience, if they're lucky? Since there's no documentation to that effect and it's common in real plumbing.

• Thanks Greg and friends for all the info and tips, re: tin alloy

Another small issue arose for me again tonight however: I'm upgrading my steam network and wanted to melt down my obsoleted bronze turbine to recover the alloy, but, when I toss it into the ceramic crucible, the turbine seems to vanish without rendering material inside the crucible. I also don't think its mass was being accounted for, given the temperature readings on the crucible. When everything cooled off I harvested the crucible with a pick and luckily got back the bronze turbine which apparently was there all along. Even though there are ~40 units of bronze present, I've smelted down similar amounts of ore recently with no issue, so I don't think I've exceeded the crucible's capacity (?)

Not sure if I'm missing something, let me know what other info I can try and supply, thanks again

• Thanks Greg and friends for all the info and tips, re: tin alloy

Another small issue arose for me again tonight however: I'm upgrading my steam network and wanted to melt down my obsoleted bronze turbine to recover the alloy, but, when I toss it into the ceramic crucible, the turbine seems to vanish without rendering material inside the crucible. I also don't think its mass was being accounted for, given the temperature readings on the crucible. When everything cooled off I harvested the crucible with a pick and luckily got back the bronze turbine which apparently was there all along. Even though there are ~40 units of bronze present, I've smelted down similar amounts of ore recently with no issue, so I don't think I've exceeded the crucible's capacity (?)

Not sure if I'm missing something, let me know what other info I can try and supply, thanks again

A turbine vastly exceeds the crucible's capacity pf 15 or 16 (I forget which) units of material. I've never tried tossing a single item bigger than the crucible's capacity in, so I can't speak to how that behaves.

You can pile much larger amounts of ore into the crucible, but they don't all fit in at once, and the ore items flow in one by one as space becomes available.

• After extensive individual experience, if they're lucky? Since there's no documentation to that effect and it's common in real plumbing.

I wrote that thing so people can have a large supply line for multiple smaller Pipes, not the other way around. The smallest Pipe on the way from the Source is the one that determines the amount of Fluid transferred.

• I'm not sure what's overpowered about being able to use steam to transmit heat energy. From a realism perspective, though, it'd be very weird to heat a crucible to thousands of degrees using steam at just a few hundred.

I was saying it would be overpowered because someone could route the hu and the distilled water back into a team turbine to make more steam, which can be used to make more hu, and the cycle repeats again, which would be very unrealistic, making infinite power.

• I was saying it would be overpowered because someone could route the hu and the distilled water back into a team turbine to make more steam, which can be used to make more hu, and the cycle repeats again, which would be very unrealistic, making infinite power.

...What?

If you attached the heater to a steam boiler, at best you'd generate the same amount of steam as you consumed, because obviously the steam heater wouldn't have more than 100% efficiency (that is, 1 HU/2 L steam).

Steam turbines don't make steam or take in HU, they consume steam and produce RU.

I wrote that thing so people can have a large supply line for multiple smaller Pipes, not the other way around. The smallest Pipe on the way from the Source is the one that determines the amount of Fluid transferred.

Ah, that sounds a lot better than what I thought you were saying. Using pipes as tanks like that seems like a thing that should work but not that essential probably.

Though I wonder whether this explains the problems I had with joining multiple smaller steam pipes from individual boilers into a single larger feed for a (relatively) high-power turbine. I had to scale up the branch pipes to match the main trunk to solve it. Which would follow if the system is equalizing volume across all pipes in the system. :S

• I wrote that thing so people can have a large supply line for multiple smaller Pipes, not the other way around. The smallest Pipe on the way from the Source is the one that determines the amount of Fluid transferred.

That makes perfect sense for *throughput*, but not for *capacity*. That should be proportional. You should also be able to use small pipes to collect steam and merge it into one big pipe, but that doesn't work with the capacity not being distributed proportionally.

[ADDED] Tiny Funnels (available in Ceramic, Plastic, Stainless Steel, Tungsten and Adamantium), which are used to insert Fluids into GT Barrels, Boilers, Tanks and Basic Machines by hand.

Tried to put it on my Bronze Buzzsaw and tried to insert Lubricat via Universal Cell and Measurement Pot, both did not worked. What is basic machine if not this? Do we really need to click on opening of pipe leading to this machine to achieve same thing? (that works only with universal cells) I am kinda sad that it is still not possible to run Buzzsaw and similar machines by hand properly (I take hack with inserting into open pipe as not proper way to do that)

(also yes, buzzsaw has fluids in from bottom, which is bummer, because guess where you cannot attach the funnel xD )

• That wouldn't really change that the larger Pipe will be moving more Fluid back into the original pipe when trying to even out.

It is difficult to do that in general, since all Pipes use the same Code, and aren't an actual Network, because Fluids don't have flow directions as unbelievable as that sounds.

-----

As for Funnel + Basic Machine: Whoops, that is a Bug.

• Btw if Taps should work with machines, too (to empty leftovers of fluids), they do not work either (at least univ. cell & Measurement pot did not worked to extract fluid from buzzsaw)

• Does the drain output to small sealed wood pipes? because I tried using them to input water into a steam boiler, and it didn't work.

• Does the drain output to small sealed wood pipes? because I tried using them to input water into a steam boiler, and it didn't work.

It was mentioned upthread that it won't be able to take a water block in unless the pipe is big enough. I used a huge wood pipe for the intake, myself.

I don't know anything about limitations if you're using it as a rain collector.

• Don't use Mipmapping, this "Bug" is unfixable and caused by Minecrafts retarded way of doing Mipmapping using ALL THE TEXTURES THAT EXIST. And GT adds a LOT of Textures.