[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Greg, according to NEI tooltip and the Shredder, Circuit Plates only contain 1 Unit of Silicon Dioxide when recycling
    The Plastic is missing

version 6.04.00

• The stainless steel recipe has no issue with nichrome as currently constituted - nickel isn't a direct ingredient, it's incorporated into invar.

I said similar, not the same. Basically the invar needs to be formed first as nichrome has a lower melting point causing the alloy to form prematurely in the same manner as the sterling silver forming prior to the signalum. Putting the silver in last once the temperature is high enough would solve his issue just as forming the invar prior to adding the chrome produces stainless without issue. However, adding the component alloys to the recipes would solve some of the crucible issues, though it may not make a lot of sense with the alloy phasing.

• Hello,

It look like that IC2 generators are again the IC2 standard receipe and not the GT nerfed receipe. (GT 6.04.01)
    Is it intended or a small bug?

My best regards

• Hello,

It look like that IC2 generators are again the IC2 standard receipe and not the GT nerfed receipe. (GT 6.04.01)
    Is it intended or a small bug?

My best regards

Details on that one, and which Type of IC2 you are using. Classic or Experimental?

I just installed 6.04.02 and my Thaumonomicon no longer wants to sit in the bookshelf

Whoops. Fixed that one.

• Quoted from "choum33"

Hi Greg, i use industrialcraft-2-2.2.821-experimental.jar
    As i remember all worked fine with GT 6.03.41 ;)

=> fixed after server restart, maybe just a small glitch ;)

The post was edited 2 times, last by choum33 ().

• So under the new titanium model you have to produce titanium in liquid form, which has no NEI-listed uses.

...Is there some method we're supposed to know about for getting liquid metals turned back into usable solids?

• So I can't make bronze without wither a crucible or a mixer. In order to make those I need tools. There's no way to make tools without (at least) bronze...

The getting Started guide on the wiki is out of date, and thinks its possible to mix dusts by hand, so that's no help at all.

Edit: It's only the hammer that can't be made with copper, and it can be made with stone.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Requia ().

• you can make mining tools out of wood, stone and flint
    you can make all tools with lead and copper, those can be smelted in a vanilla furnace, aswell as bismuth
    you can make fire starter out of dry grass to get your first iron
    then you make your first crucible out of ceramic (clay)

• Greg: if you put 16 blok of coal or lignite you get more creosote than internal buffer can handle, that means coke oven stop and you must ignite again. Example 1 blok of liginte generate 6.75 bucket of creosote. Then 16 blok of lignite generate 108bucket of creosote. Ther is not a single pipe that can handle this amout of liquid in a single tick.

• you can make mining tools out of wood, stone and flint
    you can make all tools with lead and copper, those can be smelted in a vanilla furnace, aswell as bismuth
    you can make fire starter out of dry grass to get your first iron
    then you make your first crucible out of ceramic (clay)

No you cannot make all tools with lead and copper, this is entirely wrong.

I don't see any way to make dry grass without iron for shears either.

• Copper for all tools, lead - for tools without handles (and cheap barrels). But I often use loot (from mineshafts, villages, dungeons, etc.) for early game tools. To get grass, "mine" grass with a sword or a knife (cheapest - flint knife). Also, try some early game manual machines: juicer, mixing bowl, bath. Measuring pot and funnel will help with these. You can even brew booze at early game (example: squeeze some wheat in a juicer, move wheaty juice to a cheap barrel using measuring pot and funnel, seal that barrel with soft hammer. after some time you'll have some scotch in that barrel; use magnifying glass to check progress).

• So I can't make bronze without wither a crucible or a mixer. In order to make those I need tools. There's no way to make tools without (at least) bronze...

The getting Started guide on the wiki is out of date, and thinks its possible to mix dusts by hand, so that's no help at all.

Edit: It's only the hammer that can't be made with copper, and it can be made with stone.

You actually can mix copper and tin dust by hand to get bronze dust and smelt that in a regular furnace. It wastes some of the copper and tin, but it works. You can grind the copper and tin into dust with a mortar and pestle ( smooth stone and flint ). It is also handy for making more flint by grinding up gravel, and a stone hammer can turn cobble into gravel.

• You actually can mix copper and tin dust by hand to get bronze dust and smelt that in a regular furnace. It wastes some of the copper and tin, but it works. You can grind the copper and tin into dust with a mortar and pestle ( smooth stone and flint ). It is also handy for making more flint by grinding up gravel, and a stone hammer can turn cobble into gravel.

No, you can't. It's not in NEI, I tried it anyway, it doesn't work. This is completely out of date information.