[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Ah right. But afaik BoP Ocean still counts as vanilla Ocean, just the Kelp, Corals and Mangroves are something that needs to be added. That and the Lush Rivers. Ocean Oil Fields of Buildcraft too, and no it wont destroy the Oil Springs in there.

• I suggest different ocean water behavior:
    Do not create ocean water source blocks (except when raining and at the top of the ocean to maintain "sea level"). Ocean block can move down or diagonally down to into air blocks or flowing liquid blocks (something like dy = -1; dx = [-1..1]; dz = [-1..1]. maybe require dx or dz or both to be 0).

Current behavior is hard to believe. I break yet another block, some ocean water gets in, I plug the hole after several seconds, it's too late... whole mine flooded.

• I think it is time to get some sponges with you when go mining, and safety-place them to stop the ocean. OR it will ignore them and flood anyways, as it is not original water? (i guess it will depend on how sponge is being programmed? Will we have GT sponges?)

• I suggest different ocean water behavior:
    Do not create ocean water source blocks (except when raining and at the top of the ocean to maintain "sea level"). Ocean block can move down or diagonally down to into air blocks or flowing liquid blocks (something like dy = -1; dx = [-1..1]; dz = [-1..1]. maybe require dx or dz or both to be 0).

Current behavior is hard to believe. I break yet another block, some ocean water gets in, I plug the hole after several seconds, it's too late... whole mine flooded.

Ohh, I really like that! Slowly migrating source blocks rather than insta spawn every which way. Shouldn't take rain though... just regular mechanics of ocean on at least two sides when one source block migrates down => new source block.

• Hi Greg!,

Good news on the Archimedes Ships compatibility - buoyancy, passability, etc. as expected.
    The seawater refill rate is dramatically slower than vanilla water, and also quite variable, so I end up stuck in what looks like a whirlpool for 20-60 seconds
    before I can move, but that's the only issue.

Drains seemed to work as expected near surface of river biome, but seem to be deleting water blocks at lower levels (i.e. on the river bed). I guess this is to make underground pools finite? Maybe the
    level could be 2-3m lower?

There is a new graphical glitch with the EU drum - sometimes when filled with water or seawater in won't render the drum itself, only the collision box. Never experienced this before this update.

The wooden buckets don't seem to fill with water when clicked on a water block, even though the water block is deleted.

The biggest issue was with the BC pump - placing one caused the server to lock up completely. I could still move around and place blocks, but switches wouldn't flick, I couldn't open the inventory, etc.
    I could still bring up the ESC menu, so I tried shutting down, but the server was already stuck in some infinite loop somewhere and never responded. Completely killed the test world - still
    unresponsive after restart. I know you'll blame the pump, but there isn't really a viable alternative for my game right now, and I have 8 thirsty tungsten generators to feed (finally at 2048 EU/t:)).

• Good news on the Archimedes Ships compatibility - buoyancy, passability, etc. as expected.
    The seawater refill rate is dramatically slower than vanilla water, and also quite variable, so I end up stuck in what looks like a whirlpool for 20-60 seconds
    before I can move, but that's the only issue.

Variable? I don't think that is supposed to happen. This might be Lag what you are experiencing for some reason.

Drains seemed to work as expected near surface of river biome, but seem to be deleting water blocks at lower levels (i.e. on the river bed). I guess this is to make underground pools finite? Maybe the
    level could be 2-3m lower?

Yeah I will make it lower, didn't expect Rivers to be that deep, considering that I mostly saw 5m deep Rivers at most.

There is a new graphical glitch with the EU drum - sometimes when filled with water or seawater in won't render the drum itself, only the collision box. Never experienced this before this update.

Wait both Water AND Seawater do this? For Seawater I could somewhat understand, but for Water?

The wooden buckets don't seem to fill with water when clicked on a water block, even though the water block is deleted.

I will check that.

The biggest issue was with the BC pump - placing one caused the server to lock up completely.

Now that is weird. Why would the Pump cause an infinite Loop. I will check that too.

I could still move around and place blocks, but switches wouldn't flick, I couldn't open the inventory, etc.

No you didn't place any Blocks, don't you know that those placed Blocks are Clientside only in these events? This would be very confusing to some Mod Devs if you say "X works but Y doesnt, despite both depending on the same thing".

Variable? I don't think that is supposed to happen. This might be Lag what you are experiencing for some reason.

I wonder if enough of the once-per-second updates happening on the same tick are causing that particular tick to be disproportionately likely to be among those skipped?
    You'd only need a small percentage of skipped ticks to have a large percentage impact on the refill rate? (and presumably some other processes)

Wait both Water AND Seawater do this? For Seawater I could somewhat understand, but for Water?

Yeah, water and seawater - but actually it's not a new bug... I only noticed it because I was testing the new ocean, but after extensive testing and downgrading back to a previous version
    of GT, I found that it affects any EU drum, full or empty, regardless of contents, if there isn't also a solid block in the same vertical chunk. Place one solid block and all the drums reappear.
    Just never saw it before because those conditions are rare in the wild unless you happen to be testing ocean water by placing a drum on top of a pipe poking 1m above the surface...

Now that is weird. Why would the Pump cause an infinite Loop. I will check that too.

In the old days the BC pump would suck up water as well as oil, then one day it stopped - I bet that there is some special case code for the oil well that doesn't play well
    when the oil is surrounded by something other than water.

No you didn't place any Blocks, don't you know that those placed Blocks are Clientside only in these events?

Yes I know that, knew that and know you know that. It was meant to be a tip to how completely unresponsive the server was... Even a dramatically lagging server operating at a crawl won't
    let you place blocks indefinitely without them being rolled back. This server was completely locked up.

• I wonder if enough of the once-per-second updates happening on the same tick are causing that particular tick to be disproportionately likely to be among those skipped?
    You'd only need a small percentage of skipped ticks to have a large percentage impact on the refill rate? (and presumably some other processes)

I once flooded an entire Ocean, believe me that "too many updates" isn't a thing in that regard. The Game might just be regularily lagging in this case.

Yeah, water and seawater - but actually it's not a new bug... I only noticed it because I was testing the new ocean, but after extensive testing and downgrading back to a previous version
    of GT, I found that it affects any EU drum, full or empty, regardless of contents, if there isn't also a solid block in the same vertical chunk. Place one solid block and all the drums reappear.
    Just never saw it before because those conditions are rare in the wild unless you happen to be testing ocean water by placing a drum on top of a pipe poking 1m above the surface...

Anything that isnt a full Block, will be invisible once it enters an otherwise empty vertical chunk. I once had it happen to GT Blocks, but I fixed it somehow, dont remember how I did it though, since that was very early GT6.

In the old days the BC pump would suck up water as well as oil, then one day it stopped - I bet that there is some special case code for the oil well that doesn't play well
    when the oil is surrounded by something other than water.

I wonder if it is because Ocean Blocks aren't drainable.

• Pipes transfer fluids and gasses by packages, so in there isn't constant flow. Consequently, my Electrolyzer(+Dynamo+SteamTurbine) connected to 2xSteel+1xBronze boilers through steel (200L/t) pipes does not work properly (at all for 32EU/t recipes), because of not getting stable 32EU/t.
    But why, in the name of God, Invar SteamTurbine(64 to 192) connected to StrongSteamBoiler does not work too? Should not it just withdraw steam by same packages?
    So i have to ask: "Should it be that way?". Machines even worked properly some time, before i loaded savegame. Sorry for my English.

• Did you symmetrically connect the Pipes from the Boiler to the Turbines? Also, did you make sure the Math was done 100% right? GT6 is a bit Maths heavy I know.

• Did you symmetrically connect the Pipes from the Boiler to the Turbines? Also, did you make sure the Math was done 100% right? GT6 is a bit Maths heavy I know.

No, i didn't connect them "symmetrically"(may be misunderstood), connection is T-like(SteelBolier=="T"==SteelBoiler+BronzeBoiler) with pipe to Turbine on the bottom side. But does it really necessary to connect them symmetrically? The flow IRL must be constant, but in game it's fluctuate(saw that with MagnifyingGlass).
    Math have to be right because of Electrolyzer was working fine some time before i reloaded the savegame. I dunno how output is being calculated (is it linear everywere, not only at min/middle/max input?), but Boliers generate summarily 176 Steam/t for (48-192 Steam/t) InvarTurbine. That could give 58,7(if linear) RU/t in, which could give 39,1(if linear) EU/t. And 32EU/t is needed for Salt=>Chlorine+Sodium recipe.

• May be calcification of the boiler?

No, i use distilled water. And the MagnifyingGlass says "No Calcification in this Boiler". Привет россиянам! =)

One more report to Greg: the trouble remains even if i replace one of steel pipes (200L/t) by bronze pipe (150L/t). That's ridiculous because, as i said, Boilers summarily generate 176 Steam/t. How can it be insufficient steam to make pipe filled every tick?

• Is it intended that shredding purified ore outputs 5 small piles of dust? (For example, shredding purified stannite ore outputs 5 small piles of stannite dust) (I only checked NEI)

• So I finally got enough stainless steel to build all of the machines needed to start acid ore refining but I ran into a snag trying to figure out how to set it up: the electrolyzer only has one face that outputs the fluids, and water produces both hydrogen and oxygen, so how do you separate the two and route only the oxygen into the roaster to make the sufur dioxide? The sealed wooden barrels won't hold gasses right? Only the stainless steel drums, so I need more of that?