[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• For most machines, you can use a tap to extract any fluid they contain. Taps work on more than just tanks and barrels.

Also, if you are needing exactly 1000mb, use a universal cell to fill the machine. No extra then that you need to remove.

Yes, but you can only extract the fluid from the output slot, not the input slot. Unless there is something magical about taps that makes them work totally unlike any other fluid mechanic I've ever seen. Also I thought Greg said he disabled IC2 universal fluid cells from interacting with GT stuff?

So I managed to make a nice MV blue steel drill and a MV large battery box and want to get set up to fully electrify my base. Two things are now concerning me:

1) How to limit the current a machine can take? If 2 amps going into a motor will overload the machine it is driving, how can I limit it to 1 amp even though the line it is on can supply 4 ( so I can run two 2 amp machines at the same time )?

2) In IC2, cables lose 1 eu for every couple of blocks, but it looks like the best in GT is one block. That means for a LV wire running power around your work room, just 8 blocks from the nearest step down transformer means you're wasting 25% of your power just on that LV segment. Doesn't that seem... excessive?

3) Electric motors have only 50% efficiency, and you already lost 25% in the dynamo, so that means you are losing 62.5% of your power even before any cable losses. Doesn't that seem excessive? You need more than double the steam to use the convenience of electric storage for fast on/off.

• Is there a possibility to use Gregtech 6 in FTB Evolved 2.6.0??

I tried it but the launcher chrashed all the time...

Try also read those crash reports and fix the setup according to them. Also Read FAQ of GregTech, it can contain some fixes for usual problems.

However, I would recommend you to make some GregTech-centered modpack, or atleast IC2-centered, (or find one, here on forums are some), then you would get rid of most problems, as FTB uses not-so-great-written-quality mods (read CoFH mods like Thermal Exp and similar).

• Can you not get an on/off switch cover on a motor to face the activity detector cover on a machine so the one signals the other without needing any redstone dust to connect them? You can put them on the right faces, but once the machines are next to each other, you can no longer see the face, and rotating the machine after applying the cover does not rotate the cover with it.

Also, I tried putting the on/off switch on the motor facing the machine, and using a lever to strongly power the machine, which should pass the signal to the on/off switch. Flipping the lever does turn on the motor, but only for one tick, then it turns back off. Bug? For that matter, simply *placing* the lever ( in the off state ) activates the motor for one tick, as does breaking it, having never switched it on.

The post was edited 2 times, last by psusi ().

• Could it be that the Machine you connected the Motor to already had an ON/OFF switch? Because Machines with an ON/OFF Switch of any kind will turn adjacent Motors etc also ON/OFF when needed (if said Motors point into the Machine ofc), and that is a Feature.

• Only machines around I had when testing was an LV motor facing the back side of a wiremill. I found that actually I could place and break just dirt next to the wiremill and it would make it activate for one tick. Only ON/OFF cover was on the motor, and after unsuccessfully trying to get the work possible cover on the wiremill to face the ON/OFF cover on the motor, I just removed the work possible cover and so the only on/off was on the motor.

• Why do you even go through this effort? I mean you can put an ON/OFF on the Machine and the Machne will automatically turn the Motor or whatever is adjacent to it ON/OFF aswell without having to do any wiring or work possible detectors.

• Wait, what? I thought that the on/off switch required a redstone signal or manual click to turn the machine on and off, and so you had to make the wiremill generate that signal with the work possible cover?

Oh, I think I see now... the on/off *also* auto detects input, and magically also applies to the motor powering the machine? That's great.

• When running, steam-engine powered crusher causes significant FPS drop. I noticed this after moving it from old underground factory (mostly natural stone walls, floor and ceiling) into new building, made from GT concrete. New setup included dense invar burning box (for liquids), dense invar boiler and engine whose type I forgot... but something efficient. Weird things I noticed: lag stops immediately after I extinguish burning box; engine can't be covered by plates (I hoped to stop "graphical updates").

I have similar, but probably weaker lag with squeezer, powered by simpler steel burning box (and boiler, engine).

No such problems with turbines, so I prefer to use them when I can :)

• Hi, GregoriusT

is that possible to add text about how to build multiple block item like '3x3x3 hollow of the block you crafted this one with xxxxxxxxxxxx' and '(pipe Holes)' into the gregtech.lang?

• Hello, Guys

Tell me please, is there an opportunity to pump water from the world, using only GregTech6? I did not find a way to do this. Dont tell me please about the drain, it works well, but only during the rain... And i know about rotational pump, i am asking about earlie game.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ProxFun ().

• What is the use of Asphalt? Does it make you run faster or something? Also since it wasn't answered before, how are you supposed to really use solar panels when they output only 8 EU packets, and you lose at least 1 EU per block of cable? Are you really expected to bolt a ULV-LV transformer on the back of every single one, and then an LV-MV transformer at least for every few? Even at MV it seems that it isn't realistic to run cable for more than 20-30 blocks, and LV only 4-8.

• Hello, Guys

Tell me please, is there an opportunity to pump water from the world, using only GregTech6? I did not find a way to do this. Dont tell me please about the drain, it works well, but only during the rain... And i know about rotational pump, i am asking about earlie game.

Actually, the drain also fills the attached tank, with 1 bucket (per second, I believe), if it is facing a source block of water.

In particular, it also doesn't remove the water source if it is GT ocean water, or is in a river biome.

• Actually, the drain also fills the attached tank, with 1 bucket (per second, I believe), if it is facing a source block of water.

In particular, it also doesn't remove the water source if it is GT ocean water, or is in a river biome.

Hmmm, Thank you, i didnt knew about it

• What is the use of Asphalt? Does it make you run faster or something? Also since it wasn't answered before, how are you supposed to really use solar panels when they output only 8 EU packets, and you lose at least 1 EU per block of cable? Are you really expected to bolt a ULV-LV transformer on the back of every single one, and then an LV-MV transformer at least for every few? Even at MV it seems that it isn't realistic to run cable for more than 20-30 blocks, and LV only 4-8.

You're expected to bolt a ULV-LV transformer every 4 solar panels, and than every 4 transformers use a LV-MV transformer and so on. Higher voltages lose less energy in cables (as a percentage I mean), and I'm pretty sure that's what Grag wants, so...

But I might be wrong, maybe there's a better way of doing things, this is just what I do in my world =)

• You're expected to bolt a ULV-LV transformer every 4 solar panels, and than every 4 transformers use a LV-MV transformer and so on. Higher voltages lose less energy in cables (as a percentage I mean), and I'm pretty sure that's what Grag wants, so...

But I might be wrong, maybe there's a better way of doing things, this is just what I do in my world =)

I'm not quite picturing it. I was thinking a star of 5 panels so one is direct to the transformer and the other 4 only have to go through one cable, so they only lose on average 1/4 or 25% of their EU, but that's still pretty terrible.