[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I found the reason for the heavy load in the generation of the world. In server configurations, by default, a parameter was enabled that forced chunks to be loaded.

When will I finally stop being stupid with obvious things ...:|

• Large veins, easily found by walking around the surface and picking up or inspecting rocks with a magnifying glass. When they say they bear some more, dig down to find it. You can also right click with a hammer to prospect, but I've never found it useful. Hostile mobs don't spawn within some distance of world spawn.

• Didn't expect to be able to just craft nuggets into ingots, somehow.

You are able to, check the Tooltips. Maybe just try it before relying on NEI.

Also are hostile mobs not supposed to spawn? I have not seen any.

The Area around the World Spawn Point is protected against Surface Hostile Mob Spawns. Can be turned off in the Config if needed.

• Large veins, easily found by walking around the surface and picking up or inspecting rocks with a magnifying glass. When they say they bear some more, dig down to find it. You can also right click with a hammer to prospect, but I've never found it useful. Hostile mobs don't spawn within some distance of world spawn.

Ah, okay. So next playthrough I won't pick rocks until I can mark ore sources with a sign.

Hammer prospecting is useful, but nowhere near as powerful as Terrafirmacraft prospecting, it just seems to tell you there's ore within like 5 blocks and the presence of rock salt kinda breaks it.

But genuinely how was I to know that? It's not even mentioned in the tool index, which is already barely obtainable in the game as far as I can tell.

Sure, I could check the wiki, but this is something you don't find if you don't know it exists and GT6 is huge compared to IC2 where you can read the wiki rather comprehensively. How do you primarily learn this stuff in GT6?

You are able to, check the Tooltips. Maybe just try it before relying on NEI.

The Area around the World Spawn Point is protected against Surface Hostile Mob Spawns. Can be turned off in the Config if needed.

Yeah. Checked again and saw that. I just didn't expect it to be possible in GT6 and the tooltips are quite big.

I dunno why the spawn area was chosen to be a safe zone, I guess it kinda makes sense on a server or for people who play on easy and want to learn how things work first, but it's weird that this even happens in Hardcore. Oh well. Can just disable it.

Though this doesn't seem to affect flat worlds. In my normal world there's nothing hostile far and wide, in the flat world one gets attacked by slimes immediately.

• Hammer prospecting is useful, but nowhere near as powerful as Terrafirmacraft prospecting, it just seems to tell you there's ore within like 5 blocks and the presence of rock salt kinda breaks it.

Oh wow that is actually a Bug. Thanks for telling the Rocksalt thing, I need to blacklist the Salt Ores and similar full-vein Ores.

Edit: It is fixed in the Release now. ^^

Though this doesn't seem to affect flat worlds. In my normal world there's nothing hostile far and wide, in the flat world one gets attacked by slimes immediately.

It only works on the Surface and Flat Worlds areeeee, well, 4-5 blocks tall?

Edit: What I wanted to say is it is Y Level dependent to ensure Caves below Spawn still spawn Mobs.

• Here we go, the last Post I am gonna do on this Forum. It's been 7.5-8 years and over 71554 Posts in this Thread that I have been here for. ^^

I moved on to my own Forums, and now that I don't actively work on GT6 anymore, as to start with my own Game, there is no reason to stay at this already abandoned and spam filled place.

Most Details are in my Forum Post below.

https://forum.mechaenetia.com/…thread/34/168?u=gregorius

I also made a GT6 GitHub Repo/Organization so others can contribute more easily.

https://github.com/gregtech6

This Thread is going to be closed, as I will no longer frequent the IC2 Forum.

I had a lot of fun in the past years, and hope you did so too. :D

Farewell, IC2 Forum.