[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• That is exactly what I was hoping for, thank you!

Try this: connect superconductor wires directly from fusion reactor to 16 HV transformers and to glass fibres :D. (no supercondensator needed).

EDIT: It appears that you will lose the last 985K using this method.. (because the superconductor wires transport 1M eu/p?..)

The post was edited 2 times, last by noskk ().

• Any chances of putting uum on it's own tier? As in, not allow mass amounts of solars to be pumped into producing uum. Maybe make it a module to the fusion reactor or something. For something to be able to 'spawn' items like diamonds, I would think it should take more than placing down some solars and afking. (cobble gens don't count) Or just changing how solars work to not be so efficient once placed down.

• Any chances of putting uum on it's own tier? As in, not allow mass amounts of solars to be pumped into producing uum. Maybe make it a module to the fusion reactor or something. For something to be able to 'spawn' items like diamonds, I would think it should take more than placing down some solars and afking. (cobble gens don't count) Or just changing how solars work to not be so efficient once placed down.

better way to "spawn diamonds": make a mob farm in nether, collect lots of coal, make diamonds from that.

why does everyone seem to think diamonds are such a big deal? they are easy enough to get while mining, and do not have many highly consumable uses, as things made with them either last forever or have high enough durability that you find many more before they run out...

• Diamonds, dildos, w/e. I was just using them as an example as they are the default 'top' item to find in the vanilla game. My thoughts are from the server stand point. I don't allow mob grinders as they cause lag. But a big issue I had was people spamming solars, afking and reaching any resource they wanted so it sucked some life out of the server. I like the reactor, it costs to produce energy. Where as a solar grabs 'free' energy.

Then again, I'm not aware of everything greg does, I'm just sparking the discussion.

• better way to "spawn diamonds": make a mob farm in nether, collect lots of coal, make diamonds from that.

why does everyone seem to think diamonds are such a big deal? they are easy enough to get while mining, and do not have many highly consumable uses, as things made with them either last forever or have high enough durability that you find many more before they run out...

I want a machine that can spawn titanium, chrome and iridium :D; I have enough diamonds :wacko: .
    (hmm, a house made of chrome blocks would be nice :) )

On-topic: Is it better to have a maintenance bar in the solar panel, like the solar panel efficiency decraeses with time, so you need to *repair* it all after some time, but then you might want to suggest this to the Compact Solar and Advanced Solar Panels authors since the IC2-GT solar panel is pretty fine.

The post was edited 3 times, last by noskk ().

• I want a machine that can spawn titanium, chrome and iridium :D; I have enough diamonds :wacko: .
    (hmm, a house made of chrome blocks would be nice :) )

On-topic: Is it better to have a maintenance bar in the solar panel, like the solar panel efficiency decraeses with time, so you need to *repair* it all after some time, but then you might want to suggest this to the Compact Solar and Advanced Solar Panels authors since the IC2-GT solar panel is pretty fine.

now those are resources that should be more limited, unlike diamonds, those are not simply a chemical compound made from a very very common element.

theoretically if made correctly, a solar panel system would require no maintenance, if kept at the right temperature, and in the right climate (ie rain to keep the panels clean) then it would last for a few thousand years before enough damage (due to not being at a low enough temperature) occured to make it useless (if kept just above the critical temperature required for it to operate, it would then be limited by low probability events such as meteor impact, as thermal damage would take millions of years). Solar should be limited to a reasonable amount of power per block though, as managing to get as much power from 1 block of sunlight as a coal burning generator is silly.

• Yeah, the best way is to decrease the eu/t to like 0.1 eu/t per solar panel :D. Their efficiency shouldn't be that high.

EDIT: You need to clean the outer glass after sometime, esp if you are living in the desert (does that count as maintenance?)

The post was edited 3 times, last by noskk ().

• @ Railcraft Coal: Could you not just macerate then compress for normal coal again?

New beta of Railcraft:

6.14.0.2:
    FIX: Coal compressed from Coal Dust in the IC2 Compressor can no longer used in the Coke Oven.

• I'm very surprised that in the time since you posted this that nobody's told you that's supposed to happen. GregTech overwrite IC2's reactor components with its own versions of the reactor components.

• I'm very surprised that in the time since you posted this that nobody's told you that's supposed to happen. GregTech overwrite IC2's reactor components with its own versions of the reactor components.

Yea, I assumed as much, but I tend to modify the configs to turn off most of the expensive recipes. And as I said I couldn't find anything in the configs about stopping these from being overridden. If the GT items need to be expensive, awesome. But leave my other mod recipes alone :D

• Yea, I assumed as much, but I tend to modify the configs to turn off most of the expensive recipes. And as I said I couldn't find anything in the configs about stopping these from being overridden. If the GT items need to be expensive, awesome. But leave my other mod recipes alone :D

Err, the expensive neutron reflector can be turned off at B:BeryliumReflector=true.
    I think he only override the uranium class, and it is related to the implementation of Thorium cell, not a big deal.

• Transformers is known as a pretty unbalanced mod. Mainly when it's MJ to EU. I was thinking the only reason I have ever used that mod because the adjustable engine. I like the concept about being able to change your engines speed on the fly but not only that its a sexy engine to use lap crystal to do more mobile uses.

Would you consider adding a GregTech type engine and maybe even expand on it maybe offering electric version and a fuel based one but maybe with some special features like the adjustable part? I know it sounds odd but no one uses BC engines anymore they rather use forestry or Adjustable engine and etc before touching BC's anymore.

CPW kind screwed up to much of the pipe system too. More and more people using TE pipes and in fact I'm getting more requests from players that they want you to some how nerf or ruin BC power/liquid pipes for TE pipes to prevent people from using them haha. I have yet to even use TE pipes in my LP Series now reaching about episode 30 in record time but I know playing around with them and doing some bug testing their a nice pipe.

Ugh if only Greg had the power to to fuck more things up because he fucks them up right :)

BED TIME! Company this weekend ugh :(

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• @Greg, shouldn't you have people compress copper (8 copper) to make compressed copper, then have 8 of those rolled out? There's a difference in a copper plate and a dense copper plate.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

The post was edited 2 times, last by CrafterofMany ().

• V2.76a:
    Added Magic Energy Converter. This Device is capable of converting the Magic Energy from Items and magic Fluids into pure electric Energy. Ender Eyes (NOT the Pearls!), Nether Stars (and Beacons) and some Thaumcraft Items can be converted! Due to needing a very strong Magic Conductor, this Device is quite hard to get, as the only known thing for creating that is a Nether Star. It needs Platinum Ingots instead of Thaumium Ingots if Thaumcraft isn't installed. You usually get any Containers or empty Crystals back.
    Changed GUI of the Advanced Regulator a bit.
    Tons of minor Tweaks and Bugfixes.

• V2.76a:
    Added Magic Energy Converter. This Device is capable of converting the Magic Energy from Items and magic Fluids into pure electric Energy. Ender Eyes (NOT the Pearls!), Nether Stars (and Beacons) and some Thaumcraft Items can be converted! Due to needing a very strong Magic Conductor, this Device is quite hard to get, as the only known thing for creating that is a Nether Star. It needs Platinum Ingots instead of Thaumium Ingots if Thaumcraft isn't installed. You usually get any Containers or empty Crystals back.
    Changed GUI of the Advanced Regulator a bit.
    Tons of minor Tweaks and Bugfixes.

Ahhh! A literal magic block!

EDIT: I just tested, and it appears the dragon egg siphon explosions are not in your bugfixes.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Hmm hey greg you know the Omni wrench from Omni tools doesn't work on breaking down your machines right even though it's suppose to be able to break down IC2 related machines.

• I am quite bothered by the fact that my issue has never come up before, is not in EAQ and effectively does not exist on the face of this universe.

So I will give it life.

First off, I disclaim that I have no qualm with GregTech or its creator GregoriusT. It seems that many of the people who attempt to bring up something are hastily attacked in the belief that they are doing the same thing to someone else. I thereby apologize for anyone who is insulted by this post.

The problem. I use the FTB application to run Minecraft, running a heavily-modified version of Direwolf20's modpack. I can digress the complete list of mods if it is needed. I find that the GregTech changes to the IC2 recipes to get at me, as I'm far too used to the regular crafting and I cannot focus on acquiring every step that is needed to be taken given the number of other projects I do, as well as the resources that should be saved for other mods' actions instead of creating just one Macerator. I read the wiki thoroughly, went through the config file and deactivated all of the changes. Yet when I play Minecraft, the game acts as if the config is still in its default state and I did not make any changes. Even uninstalling and re-installing GregTech did not change this, and the launcher will strangely enough run without GregTech's config files being in their appropriate directory. Put simply, GregTech's inner UI is utterly unresponsive. This did not take place with an earlier version of Direwolf20's modpack.

I hope that this problem can be fixed; using NEI to work around every single GT modified IC2 recipe is wearing my patience thin to the bone.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can solve this.