[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Does lightning rod add 25 kk EU to the storage or just sets the value to 25 kk? I'm using it to power my ADSU and I don't know whether if lightning hits the rod it will increase the stored amount or just set it to 25 kk so I don't use power for nothing.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Does lightning rod add 25 kk EU to the storage or just sets the value to 25 kk? I'm using it to power my ADSU and I don't know whether if lightning hits the rod it will increase the stored amount or just set it to 25 kk so I don't use power for nothing.

Does this Line of Code answer your Question?

setStoredEnergy(25000000);

• ok, I cant craft storage blocks.

I know there is a config to change this which I had changed so i could craft them. but in the newest downloads of gregtech it seems to not read these configs or generate them anymore.

Is this now not a config, or is it something just overlooked. Just woundoing cause some of the other mods i use need blocks of diamonds and iron to craft stuff and if this is the case i have to get rid of gregtech.

any help would be appreciated

• It's in the RecipesAdvancedConfig.cfg now. Or just use a compressor and make them. In fact, forget I said where the correct file to edit was and just use a compressor.
    My only gripe with GregTech recipes changes is the disabling of sticky resin torches. But that's because I use lots of torches, more so with the addition of another mod which allows me to place torches at a range, but it consumes more torches to do so.
    Also the same mod allows me to make a dragon egg with enough diamond blocks. So that's cool.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Does this Line of Code answer your Question?

setStoredEnergy(25000000);

DUH!
    I would like it, though if it would be like this

Code
    1. if (getStoredEnergy()+25000000 > 100000000)
    2. {
    3. setStoredEnergy(100000000);
    4. }
    5. else
    6. {
    7. setStoredEnergy(getStoredEnergy()+25000000);
    8. }

Making 100kk EU the max it can store.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• I think LESU aren't used enough actually, they seems to be as useful as the Lightning Rod for many players,. Why ? Because Sapphire are quite common, and not that used, so why making something else that MFSU or better Energy storage with ? As for Lazurite Dust (because the Recipie for Lapis in the Centrifuge is very cool ^^), but Lazurite Dust is quite used, as you need it for every circuit and Batpack. (And even if people have tons of Lazurite in their chest, they just think "I don't want to have lack of lapis, so I store it instead of making a poor thing that store only 1 000 000 EU).
    That's why I would suggest the Lapis ore to drop some green lapis, that could also be obtain by grinding Lapis Ore into the Industrial Grinder. This green lapis could be used directly to create ALSU, or maybe centrifuged.

ALSU (Advanced Lapis energy Storage Unit): Works exactly like the LESU, but counts as 6 LESU for total capacity:
    :Coal Dust: :LV-Transformer: :Coal Dust:

:Coal Dust: :Energy Crystal: :Coal Dust:

:Coal Dust: :LV-Transformer: :Coal Dust:

Where :Coal Dust: = Green Lapis,

:LV-Transformer: = LESU and :Energy Crystal: = Sapphire.

As for the Green Lapis, makes it output (if centrifuged) some Green Lazurite, that could makes (with electrum) 3 Adv. Circuit instead of 2 or something like that. Wait ... makes it non centrifugeable if you want, if would just be useful for ALSU, then player would use it ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• i'm having an odd problem in gregtech

I cant seam to smell the chrome dust into ingots at all, I have look over the configs and found nothing that would be preventing this.

• I cant seam to smell the chrome dust into ingots at all, I have look over the configs and found nothing that would be preventing this.

Problem from NEI ? Try with the Blast Furnace.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Could you add an industrial use for zombie brains... maybe pulverizing/macerating them will give you zombie dust? Then you can centrifuge that to get methane and such.

• Full log is on pastebin
    Using Forge 6.6.0.516, Greg Tech 2.77c and IC2 1.112.201

:Quantum-Helmet:
    :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Chainsaw:
    :Quantum-Leggings: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :HV-Transformer:
    :Quantum-Boots: :Induction Furnace: :Generator: :Reactor:

• I agree that the LESU should be buffed, but i don't think that your proposal is the way to do it. How about buffing the recipe to produce 4 blocks at a time? The output eu/t should also be buffed.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I think the recipe is too expensive. you should get 8 blocks,since you use 8 blocks to make it. Also, the output is far too low for the amount that it stores. It needs to have its output increase by more than 1 eu/t per block. It would also be cool if you could attach more than one controller block to the same set of lapis blocks, and have them share the eu, so you can have multiple inputs and outputs.

• I just noticed that there is a Railcraft rolling machine recipe for dense copper plates.
    Is there any way we can disable the traditional IC2 compressor recipe for dense copper plates so we can instead make copper blocks that way like all other storage blocks?

Since this still hasn't happened in the latest GregTech updates, I'm just bringing this idea up again.
    Specifically, making this an automatic config thing, so if GregTech detects Railcraft, it automatically disables the compressor recipe for copper plates and uses the compressor copper block recipe instead.

EDIT: I've done some digging to see whether I can do this manually through configs, and there is no way to disable the compressor recipe for dense copper plates, unless that somehow auto-disables when I enable copper block compressing.

• I will add nullpointer-proof to that Config-Function.

• While you're here, any chance of adding a power requirement for tesseracts? it would make them a lot more balanced.

Looking at a few options with this - honestly as they sit, within the context of Ender Chests, they aren't horrible. In the context of TE alone, they're quite expensive.

Energy cost is a hard thing to do - the simple fact is that once you've reached a certain point in the tech tree, you have accomplished nothing outside of wasting CPU cycles, since the energy is effectively unlimited. So energy cost as a passive requirement is boring and hurts the server. Taking the 25% tax on the Energy Tesseract specifically is a cost I can incur directly with their use for very little computation, so that's alright.

I have an idea here, we'll see how it goes. :)

• Do you plan on adding more recipes for Sulfuric Acid (used in the new RE-Battery recipe)? Currently the only source of it seems to be Oil via the Distillation Tower, but would not it make sense to have a recipe to get H2SO4 starting from Sulfur Dust somehow?

• I would think that combining 2 hydrogen cells, 1 oxygen cell, and a sulfur cell would do it. Probably adding a recipe in the chemical combiner or what ever the machines name is called. A simpler way to do it is to combine a water cell with a sulfur cell though seeing how that is how sulfuric acid is created naturally.

• I would think that combining 2 hydrogen cells, 1 oxygen cell, and a sulfur cell would do it. Probably adding a recipe in the chemical combiner or what ever the machines name is called.

Probably something like burning sulfur (reaction with Oxygen) to get SO2 gas, that can be further oxidize to get SO3 gas, and then combine it with water to get H2SO4.