[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Open-Alpha][Patreon][Please read Q/A first] Now with a new GregTech Website! This Thread will be Support related now.

• What is the use of Asphalt? Does it make you run faster or something? Also since it wasn't answered before, how are you supposed to really use solar panels when they output only 8 EU packets, and you lose at least 1 EU per block of cable? Are you really expected to bolt a ULV-LV transformer on the back of every single one, and then an LV-MV transformer at least for every few? Even at MV it seems that it isn't realistic to run cable for more than 20-30 blocks, and LV only 4-8.

• Hello, Guys

Tell me please, is there an opportunity to pump water from the world, using only GregTech6? I did not find a way to do this. Dont tell me please about the drain, it works well, but only during the rain... And i know about rotational pump, i am asking about earlie game.

Actually, the drain also fills the attached tank, with 1 bucket (per second, I believe), if it is facing a source block of water.

In particular, it also doesn't remove the water source if it is GT ocean water, or is in a river biome.

• What is the use of Asphalt? Does it make you run faster or something? Also since it wasn't answered before, how are you supposed to really use solar panels when they output only 8 EU packets, and you lose at least 1 EU per block of cable? Are you really expected to bolt a ULV-LV transformer on the back of every single one, and then an LV-MV transformer at least for every few? Even at MV it seems that it isn't realistic to run cable for more than 20-30 blocks, and LV only 4-8.

You're expected to bolt a ULV-LV transformer every 4 solar panels, and than every 4 transformers use a LV-MV transformer and so on. Higher voltages lose less energy in cables (as a percentage I mean), and I'm pretty sure that's what Grag wants, so...

But I might be wrong, maybe there's a better way of doing things, this is just what I do in my world =)

• You're expected to bolt a ULV-LV transformer every 4 solar panels, and than every 4 transformers use a LV-MV transformer and so on. Higher voltages lose less energy in cables (as a percentage I mean), and I'm pretty sure that's what Grag wants, so...

But I might be wrong, maybe there's a better way of doing things, this is just what I do in my world =)

I'm not quite picturing it. I was thinking a star of 5 panels so one is direct to the transformer and the other 4 only have to go through one cable, so they only lose on average 1/4 or 25% of their EU, but that's still pretty terrible.

• I'm not quite picturing it. I was thinking a star of 5 panels so one is direct to the transformer and the other 4 only have to go through one cable, so they only lose on average 1/4 or 25% of their EU, but that's still pretty terrible.

I believe the idea mentioned by Xircom is:

_S_

STS

_S_

where S=solar, T= downward facing transformer (ULV->LV),

and 4 of the transformers are wired to a transformer of the next tier on the layer below, etc.

• Ahh, so the transformer is on the same level as the solars, so some spots are not collecting sun... unless, I suppose, you could put one on top of the transformer, and have a bumpy solar array. Hrm... I suppose that works, though I don't like it.

• I think it'd be easier to use 4 solars and keep everything as a power of 2 (8, 32, 128, 512 ecc). It makes calculating how many "solar flowers" you need much easier.

Also I'm not sure if transformers can handle 5A, but I didn't test this

• I accidentally got some distilled water into my steam pipe and rather than use the wrench to break it and replace it, I tried to use the plunger, which says it is for unclogging pipes. It did not work.

• Any comment on why the plunger in fact, does not unclog pipes as it says? Also I just noticed that squeezing carrots gives vegetable remains, but shredding them gives plant remains. Shouldn't they be the same?

• And it looks like there was a slight stealth nerf to biomass production. It used to take 1 plant remains to make 1/8th of a bucket of biomass, and now it takes 9 to make 1 bucket. Looks like it is better to compress them into plantballs and shred into biochaff.

• I restarted again 2 days ago. My modpack consists of GregTech 6, other tech mods, food enhancing mods (harvestcraft, hunger overhaul, spice of life). I configured food to be a problem at early game, but solvable later. So my exploration was guided by hunger, and I settled on a fertile island (hunger overhaul allows to make plants grow slower if in incorrect biome, so I chose 8 times slower), which looks to be quite big.

So... I found some nice things about earlygame GregTech 6:

Dried grass is super useful: furnace fuel, torches, dried grass bales are a good thing to have when exploring (for night time caving; caves are safer than forests at night)

Mortar... I needed that so much (for virtually infinite flint tools). I finally made it after finding 2 iron ingots at mineshaft under my farm (no factory yet). I also found tungsten and dolamide veins at that mineshaft. A really good find, but for much later.

Trees. Just willows for now, because they drop sticks. I'm also planning to import some rubber trees from nearby tundra (for torches and probably glue).

• Sorry for not being there (the new Quoting System would have been a pain to use for me, so I was too lazy), but I have read the Stuff and put several things on my List without replying to any of you.

For Solars the intended Route is making 1 ULV->LV Transformer have 4-5 Solar Panels, yes I said 5. Everything in GT6 has a Voltage Range, it's not bad to have 40 EU/t output on that Transformer. Also after that, it is intended to make 4 Transformers (so 16-20 Panels) connect to an LV->MV Transformer to reduce loss a bit more using a Voltage of 160 EU/t (that is still considered MV by GT6!, Cable Loss might reduce it to 152 EU/t). This is essentially resulting in "Solar Flower" Designs, where only one of the 20 Panels is useless (due to Cable loss).

The Plant Remains thing was an accident that happened while I nerfed Grass, its 8 again now.

Plungers unclog only the Pipe that you click on, not any of the adjacent ones. I might change that soon.

Also if you wanna get rid of large Bodies of Water or Lava then you need the Pump Block that got added a few weeks ago.

I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
    (I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

• Sorry for not being there (the new Quoting System would have been a pain to use for me, so I was too lazy), but I have read the Stuff and put several things on my List without replying to any of you.

I complained about it on the general thread and someone mentioned that you can highlight the part you want to quote, and a pop up menu gives you a button to quote just that part. Write reply, quote more, rinse, wash, repeat.

Plungers unclog only the Pipe that you click on, not any of the adjacent ones. I might change that soon.

I only had 1 L of the wrong fluid in the one section of pipe and I clicked and clicked with the plunger and it did nothing ( not even use up any of its durability ). I cleared it by just breaking it with the wrench and replacing it.

• Hi, Greg!

The new boilers look awesome and are exactly the motivation I need to reconfigure

my refinery->power station setup around gas rather than liquid fuel. (After the release

of GT oil springs I went crazy searching for as many as I could find - needless to say

it's almost all Light Oil, the liquid fuel balance is all off compared to my power station

design and I'm venting perfectly good Propane and Butane trying to keep the liquid

fuel tanks full...)

However, I'd hate to tear everything down and rebuild it all around the new boilers only

to discover there's a new multiblock turbine or something just around the corner... So,

without giving too much away: is now a good time to rebuild, or should I wait?

On a separate issue, my mountain of mince meat is continuing to grow, and a thought

occurred to me: how great would it be to be able to sell Burgers to Villagers? More

generally, have you ever considered allowing Villagers to buy our finished, high-tech

goods from us?

One idea: a crating machine that consumes wooded planks and creates the 16x item

crates for basic items, but that can package finished, highly processed or high-tech

goods into a single "Consumer Goods Crate", and then a single Villager purchase

option for the crate? The idea would be to motivate people to build automated

production lines for goods (like food, drinks, processors, tools) that are normally

only needed in relatively small numbers by the player themselves. Thoughts?

• Ehi Grag, are hazel nuts supposed to drop from maple trees?

Edit: they drop from willow and mahoe trees too, so I assume they drop from rubber trees as well

• So, I was playing around with the trees and I found a nice pattern. Mahoe trees need a two block space between them to grow (with bone meal at least), rubber trees need three, hazel trees need four, maple trees need five and willow need six. Just curious if you did it on purpose or it just work out that way =P

• That pattern is purely random lol. It is because my Trees check if another tree is in the way, so the leaf pattern is the important part. You cannot grow any GT Tree if the Logs would grow into the Leaves of another Tree.

I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
    (I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)