[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hey, Greg, would it be possible to make it so your metaitem metals and such have the same recipes as their counterparts in the mother mod?

I feel like that's not too clear, so let me give you an example: Thermal Expansion Enderium. Both yours and TE's are listed as valid products for most things, such as smelting down plates, or dusts, or even the vacuum freezer. What's odd about it, though, is that the vanilla Thermal Expansion method only lists your ingots as the output - not an issue in 99.99% of cases, but if a new user was to look up the TE enderium because they wanted to make a tesseract or summat, they wouldn't see the 'regular' TE method - which can be a little confusing for some people.

AFAIK, the only things this occurs for are metaitems that use hot ingots; the ones I've personally seen are fluxed electrum and enederium from TE. If it's not too much work, this is a quirk I would really like to see fixed. Thanks.

• Yeah, it would be great if ic2 had some stuff that other mods didn't have (besides from crops), most of the machines in ic2 are easily replaceable with other mod's stuff.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Hey, Greg, would it be possible to make it so your metaitem metals and such have the same recipes as their counterparts in the mother mod?

I feel like that's not too clear, so let me give you an example: Thermal Expansion Enderium. Both yours and TE's are listed as valid products for most things, such as smelting down plates, or dusts, or even the vacuum freezer. What's odd about it, though, is that the vanilla Thermal Expansion method only lists your ingots as the output - not an issue in 99.99% of cases, but if a new user was to look up the TE enderium because they wanted to make a tesseract or summat, they wouldn't see the 'regular' TE method - which can be a little confusing for some people.

AFAIK, the only things this occurs for are metaitems that use hot ingots; the ones I've personally seen are fluxed electrum and enederium from TE. If it's not too much work, this is a quirk I would really like to see fixed. Thanks.

Except that if things are registered properly in the Ore dict, It should let you use either or.

Also, that might be an NEI issue if it's not cycling through all possibly useable things for various slots in the recipe.

• Then GTs are not getting registered properly? Take AE none of GT's version work for the recipes, and even if unifcation is turned off, it defaults to GT versions. With unification turned on, and set to AE items, it still outputs GT versions. It seems to work fine with IC2 however, yet evey other mod, such as TE, it does not.

I am assuming here, but it seems that GT accessing IC2 recipe handler broke something.

• GT registers them correctly, but the other mods don't use the oredict for their recipes, despite registering them in the first place.

Railcraft and AE are both examples. They register Steel Plates and Quarts to the ore dictionary but don't use the the ore dictionary versions in their recipes.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Then what use is a GT version that cannot be used, and must be converted or tossed?

None, they can sometimes look nicer than the original though. But not often.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• And greg has never met a thing he didn't give a Config option. Except for bug-exploit fixes

E: Well yea, but planned features.

But yea. Go yell at AE and Railcraft if you want them to start registering recipes properly for usage of OreDict stuff. Both AE and RC said that doing that would mess with their mods balance. ~SpwnX

E:Maybe the mod individually, but what about messing with other mods? Rcraft lets you skip the entire Bronze age for Gregtech.

Hmmmm....

-Verillia

• Why is there flint, steel and tungstensteel swords in my tools creative tab? They belong in the combat tab. That's going to irk me.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• #DoublePost (hey, it's not relevant to my other post).

Since ya'll are talking about RF/TE dieing, if you haven't heard the post on minecraftforums has been locked. You can see here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…s-thermal-expansion-3000/

• No, no - see, this is about outputs, not inputs. The regular TE recipes for enderium and fluxed electrum are being changed to output only GT metals. That's definitely not an action from TE, especially not if you say they don't use oredictionary results. Vanilla TE recipes for enderium should output TE enderium unless something else is overriding it. It's not an issue with any GT recipes because of how he registers results, but it seems like TE recipes for enderium should use TE ingots as the result if only one output is possible.

• BC is good for end-users but rather awful for modders to support. The whole reason why TE was rebuilt was that BC devs intentionally made it hard for others to implement stuff on their end even slightly different than what BC devs had in mind and didn't even try to have a discussion on it.

Oh, well, I was not aware of that. But, you know, even the closed systems often live longer then the open ones. I mean, look at windows.

• Thank-you Greg' for the fix of Lightning-Rod internal storage! 8o

Aw yiss, someone with a texturepack. Mind telling, which one you are using`?

There was someone saying something about ic "getting old". In fact, the whole "experimental" series was some kind of rebranding, making it prettier and adding some little nice things, I absolutely love the new textures and features.

• Aw yiss, someone with a texturepack. Mind telling, which one you are using`?

There was someone saying something about ic "getting old". In fact, the whole "experimental" series was some kind of rebranding, making it prettier and adding some little nice things, I absolutely love the new textures and features.

Its soartex :3

• Hi Greg,

The latest IC2 build crashed my server on startup due to a missing dependency to LOG4j.

Invultri