[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• ^ Opinions I disagree with.

It's realistic. Wood can't really cut wood IRL, so why would it in the game? Turns out we solved all these problems a long, long, long time ago.

It's called tying sticks and rocks together! XD Romans did it for their mining right up until their fall, because metal was too expensive but rocks were everywhere. Smashy smashy rock, hit it with de rock!

It just requires the player to think logically, rather than linearly. And adding a few minutes of playtime to minecraft is hardly a sin.

I'm also amazed anyone would complain about startoff this late in the mod's development. It's only been like that for what, 4 years?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• So after playing with it for a while now, I think the new stone tool tiers are out of whack. In vanilla MC, you can get wood with your hands, use the wood to get stone, use the stone to get iron, use the iron to get diamonds, and it's a nice natural progression. GT basically writes off the wood tool layer and you have to start with flint or stone then move on to metal tools. With the new stone types and woldgen however, you can't mine with rocks or flint but for a few minutes until you run into some of the harder rock types and can't cut through them. For some reason, a stone tier 1 pick can't break tier 2 rocks. You then have to walk around until you find 6 granite rocks and skip tier 2 and just go to tier 3. So you spend the stone age using tier 3 tools, only to get your first iron, and it's only tier 2. That's fubar.

Not true. 3 rocks are enough. Make a pick, mine 6 blocks of hard stone, then make a club out of those. Club allows you to smash cobble (mined with pickaxe preferably) into rocks, make a hammer, then use pick + hammer to make more rocks.

Also, make raw steel pickaxe heads and combine them with flawed Q3 gems (diamond or Al2O3 based mostly) to get a fairly durable tier 3 pick.

And the part about wood tools is also not true. 2 wood picks can be used to mine enough stone to make a club, which then allows you to get GT granite (Q:1 S:3.0 D:64 = better than flint) picks immediately (smash stone to get cobble, place cobble, smash cobble to get 2-4 rocks)

• Flying trees are gone, but it's pretty tricky to make tools (regular stick won't work anymore). That's a solid nerf. At least vanilla tools still use regular sticks ...

Wait what, damn that must be a Bug....

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• It's realistic. Wood can't really cut wood IRL, so why would it in the game? Turns out we solved all these problems a long, long, long time ago.

It's called tying sticks and rocks together! XD Romans did it for their mining right up until their fall, because metal was too expensive but rocks were everywhere. Smashy smashy rock, hit it with de rock!

This is less the problem I'm trying to point out than the fact that the tier 2 rocks are useless and the granite is > iron. I think the tier 2 and 3 rocks should be demoted a level so that granite is the same tier but lower durability than iron. And FFS an iron pick should be able to mine it.

I'm also amazed anyone would complain about startoff this late in the mod's development. It's only been like that for what, 4 years?

Has it always been the case that a gt tool can't break things of one tier higher? I guess I used to start off with vanilla tools until I got some flint back before sticks and rocks spawned on the ground. What has changed more recently though ( in the new, new layer based worldgen ) is the new tier 2 and 3 rock types, and that's what really feels goofy. IIRC, granite did used to be higher tier ( though I thought you could break it with an iron pick.. but maybe it was obsidian? ), but it was relatively rare. Now you can't help but run into the stuff, so using a granite pick is basically a requirement ( and it is quite abundant ), which makes the first two tiers useless and that includes iron.

Not true. 3 rocks are enough. Make a pick, mine 6 blocks of hard stone, then make a club out of those. Club allows you to smash cobble (mined with pickaxe preferably) into rocks, make a hammer, then use pick + hammer to make more rocks.

Oh, I thought you had to have rocks rather than cobble to make the tools so I found 6 rocks and made a club first.

Also, make raw steel pickaxe heads and combine them with flawed Q3 gems (diamond or Al2O3 based mostly) to get a fairly durable tier 3 pick.

Steel is quite a bit further on than iron, since you need a good source of carbon, which pretty much means the coke oven + electrolyzer. And last time I checked, most gems you can add end up reducing its durability. Rather go with blue steel.

• Well look at that; you no longer need steel to make a coke oven. I guess I don't need to hunt around for graphite now. It looks like you will need to set up a sulfuric acid mixing system to turn sugar into carbon though ( damn ashes in the centrifuge nerf ), and that will be fun without any stainless steel. It also brings back an old problem: how the hell do you get rid of excess water early on? You get a ton of water back out of the sugar + acid mixer, and there's no way to dump it back into the river or void it :(

• Ender Garbage Bin, it exists. Not like you cant find Steel for that little bit that you need.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Ender Garbage Bin, it exists. Not like you cant find Steel for that little bit that you need.

Yea, but needs an ender pearl, which isn't that hard to get, and a blaze rod, which isn't so easy.

It looks like to get carbon to make more steel, you need to find enough graphite to either make a steel roasting oven and dryer to go the acid/sugar route, or a galvanized steel dynamo and electrolyzer. I guess I need to find some more graphite and decide which one of those routes is less of a PITA.

• Bug: purified tin ore won't sift in the sifting table. It takes it, but you can click on it all day and it won't process it.

Tried to stop spamming click on the Table? Tried to Empty the Bottom Half of it? Just click the Sifting table once and it will automatically start sifting until you click something else.

GregTech Website

• Tried to stop spamming click on the Table? Tried to Empty the Bottom Half of it? Just click the Sifting table once and it will automatically start sifting until you click something else.

Yea, that auto sifting thing isn't working either. I can sift lignite no problem but have to hold down the button. The bottom half hasn't got anything in it; the very first pile of tin or cassetirite just sits there until I break the sifting table. Oh strange. I just tried right clicking on the front of the table instead of the top and it sifted the tin.

• For me auto sifting started to work when I moved sifting table to higher location (y>64).

You are kidding, right? That is gonna be a nightmare to debug if that is true...

Edit: Well I tested that Table above 64 and below 64, I also did all tests four times because I also checked positive and negative X and Z Coordinates aswell, and it worked in all cases. So there must be something you're doing wrong. Maybe give me exact coordinates where it doesn't work for you.

GregTech Website

• Hi Greg,

Can you explain the internal logic of your transformers a little bit? I have a setup with 9 x 4 solar panels which connected immediately to ULV - LV which connects to 4 LV - MV -> 4 MV - HV transformers ( beneath each 3x3 set of solar panels). They then culminate in a HV - EV transformer at the center. See attachment. The power runs through a 12x aluminium cable from the HV - EV to a transformer at the other end from EV -> HV and so forth. My question is how can a setup which delivers at most 288 EU/t burn a 12x Aluminium Cable (12 amperes 2056Volt) ? Does the transformer store multiple (EV) packages and send them in spikes exceding 12 packages/tick ?

• 8+8+8+8 RU/t => 32 EU/t => 128EU/t => 512 EU/t => 2048 EU/t, but your Setup really doesn't look like it does what you say it does. It might end up sending multiple packets synchronized at the same time and then waiting for the next outgoing Packet with a lot of 0 packets for a while. And that might burn it.

GregTech Website

• Well it all comes down to how many packs the transformer can store because even if they were all synchronized they'd output 4 packs of HV at once and that should only result in 1 EV package and that wouldn't even be a problem I just don't understand how the transformer can possibly send 12 packs of EV at one time how does that make sense

• Are you sure it burns because of Amperage and not because of Voltage? Maybe the Packet is too big and that's why your Wires burn.

GregTech Website

• I wasn't aware that the HV - EV transformer could produce packets bigger than 2048 EU ? How do you control the voltage if the transformer voltage varies ?

• I wasn't aware that the HV - EV transformer could produce packets bigger than 2048 EU ? How do you control the voltage if the transformer voltage varies ?

Depending on input it can go from 1024 to 4096 EU/t Output, so if you have 4 Packets coming in, it will do 2048, but if you insert more than 4 you get more voltage out. The Tooltip states how much the Larger Package Size can be.

GregTech Website

• A couple of random questions.

1) Is there a way to separate the output of two different liquids without using the aluminum? For example, the distillation of biomass outputs both distilled water and ethanol, both to the same output. The only thing I can think of is to connect output pipe to the big storage that already contains one of those liquids, but maybe there's a better way?

2) What are the loses when washing crushed ores in the cauldron compared to sluice? The first one does not show up in NEI...

3) Is Shredder intended to be a rather late machine compared to crusher and sluice? It needs either sifting tons of diamond ore (to get high tier gems) or electrolyzer (since a T2+ buzzsaw requires aluminum).

I have also found a few holes in the bedrock, the probable cause may be the nearby cave with lots of dirty water in it. Not sure if Gregtech has anything to do with it though... Unfortunately, I couldn't test it with as little mods as possible, since for some reason MC keeps crashing after generating the world.

Seed: 1748557562

World Type: BiomesOPlenty

XYZ: Near -575; 2; 209

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c8d…11-14%2019-51-30.png?dl=0

And it turns out that hunger damages armor 0_o.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DragDen ().