[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Also maybe picking it up with the Drum or a Ceramic Jug will work too.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Why unlike all other Machines? It would be the same for other Machines if they had a Recipe with multiple different Outputs. The Crusher just doesn't automatically combine single stacks of identical Outputs because I am lazy.

Every other machine with multiple outputs will happily output one at a time until they have all been sent.

• Every other machine with multiple outputs will happily output one at a time until they have all been sent.

There is no code difference between the Machines, the only difference is the Recipe. Are you sure you have handled anything with more than 1 or 2 outputs apart from the Crusher?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• There is no code difference between the Machines, the only difference is the Recipe. Are you sure you have handled anything with more than 1 or 2 outputs apart from the Crusher?

Yes; but maybe what I have never done is let them get full? It's after that where it gets stuck. But surely even if it is every machine, they should not get stuck and refuse to output anything unless they can output everything in one go once they have hit full.

• I've always had your problem, Psusi, with the ore washer. I run a really, really fast one usually and it backs up terribly when all 6 outputs are full because it only outputs 1 stack at a time. If the last output (or any other) fills up before it can shift the stacks 1 at a time, the machine will stall.

Do I understand correctly?

The only real solution is to use a slower machine or speed up the rate it dumps somehow

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I can't seem to get glue out of the mixing bowl, either with a bottle or measuring cup.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Well the Problem I see here is that Item Pipes only send one Stack per second per "channel". And Basic Machines try to send 100% of their content whenever they emit Items, and if you cant fit all the 100% of the Output Slot Content it will end up getting stuck since I do not want the Machine to lag like hell whenever the Items dont fit.

This is why I told you to use a Bigger Item Pipe, so all Outputs can fit at once. If you used a Chest or Hopper at the Output Side you wouldn't even have the problem because those tend to accept everything at once, unlike the smaller Item Pipes.

GregTech Website

• Well the Problem I see here is that Item Pipes only send one Stack per second per "channel". And Basic Machines try to send 100% of their content whenever they emit Items, and if you cant fit all the 100% of the Output Slot Content it will end up getting stuck since I do not want the Machine to lag like hell whenever the Items dont fit.

This is why I told you to use a Bigger Item Pipe, so all Outputs can fit at once. If you used a Chest or Hopper at the Output Side you wouldn't even have the problem because those tend to accept everything at once, unlike the smaller Item Pipes.

Then why don't they stall all the time? i.e. a single recipe outputs multiple items and a single channel pipe can only take one, so why doesn't it stall? It only stalls once all stacks in the internal buffers are full. I guess I can use a hopper to work around it but it just seems silly that a machine that can output one stack refuses to do so because it would rather output more than one.

Also, did auto igniters implicitly respond to redstone signals like gas burning boxes or do you have to slap a cover on them? I can't remember.

• Also, did auto igniters implicitly respond to redstone signals like gas burning boxes or do you have to slap a cover on them? I can't remember.

They spam the ignition as long as they are powered, you need redstone+covers to stop them from wasting power.

GregTech Website

• They spam the ignition as long as they are powered, you need redstone+covers to stop them from wasting power.

Umm... a redstone signal into a gas burning box does not seem to shut it off any more.

Nevermind... forgot it also needs the cover.

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• So the smelter can output into a mold... a drum can output molten metal into a mold... but pipes can't?

Pipes can too, why wouldn't they? same Rules as the Vanilla Cauldron, all has to be inserted in one Step.

GregTech Website

• Ohh, you made it take more than 500L of alumina now for 1 unit. Why did you do that again?

prime factors, that swhy. I couldnt divide it properly for some reicpes so they were wasteful and i wanted to avoid that. ;)

GregTech Website

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• I was wondering why you added colored sapphires to the crystallization crucible. Before the new, new layer ore gen, I used to find sapphire veins all the time and not know what to do with them. I have not found any in this new world yet, do they no longer spawn and so now you have to create them in the crystallization crucible? I seem to need some to make the AE2 inscriber plates.

• I was wondering why you added colored sapphires to the crystallization crucible. Before the new, new layer ore gen, I used to find sapphire veins all the time and not know what to do with them. I have not found any in this new world yet, do they no longer spawn and so now you have to create them in the crystallization crucible? I seem to need some to make the AE2 inscriber plates.

1. Small Ores exist for a reason. It should be way easy to find at least one Small Sapphire Ore for the Lens. Or any other properly colored Gemstone.

2. Sapphires are in the Vanilla Stone Layer last i checked, and their color depends on Biome. Same goes for Emeralds.

3. I like colorful Gemstones :P

GregTech Website

• It should be way easy to find at least one Small Sapphire Ore for the Lens. Or any other properly colored Gemstone.

Hrm... I have not found a single sapphire in this world. I could use a bixbite to make one of the plates needed, but I used the one I had to make the laser welder instead. Maybe it is because I have not been doing any random digging and only digging down where rocks indicate a deposit I want to mine.

• Odd... I found a field of orechids and went down to see what the bedrock vein was. I have not yet found bedrock ore in the area, but I did find an old bauxite ore vein ( not the stone layer ). I thought these were extinct?

• Odd... I found a field of orechids and went down to see what the bedrock vein was. I have not yet found bedrock ore in the area, but I did find an old bauxite ore vein ( not the stone layer ). I thought these were extinct?

Guess which Bedrock Ore you just successfully found, Bauxite. Just dig around until you find its center and then go down and you find the Bedrock.

GregTech Website