[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• You can pass Hot Coolant up and down too you know?

I just updated and tested it again. A reactor core will not pass hot coolant to another reactor core. I thought I could get a 2x2 working by arranging them in a snake pattern, with each passing both hot and cold coolant to the next one by putting both the primary and secondary facing pointing the same way, so I could feed cold coolant into one reactor core via pipe, have it snake its away around all 4 cores, then come out of the core next to the input. But only the last one emits its hot coolant to the pipe back to the heat exchanger, the rest just keep building up their internal buffer. So like I said, if you try to make place a 3x3 of reactor cores, there is no way to get the hot coolant out of the center one since it is surrounded on all sides by other reactor cores.

I got this 2x2 setup working by wrapping pipe around the side to collect the hot coolant. Notice that the 4 uranium fuel rods are centered in the inner corner of each of the 4 cores. With just the fuel, the output was 90 EU/t. I surrounded them with neutron reflectors and it went up to 181 EU/t, but was somehow unstable: it kept flickering between 0 and 181. When I replaced the reflectors with absorbers, I got a nice stable 225 EU/t.

So why idea why it isn't stable with the reflectors, and what is the difference between reflectors and absorbers intended to be? It seems like the absorbers are just better. Also I tried slapping another layer of cores on top and inserting neutron reflectors directly above the fuel rods, and the output didn't change. Shouldn't it have? I thought I tried the above/below reflectors last time and it did seem to help, but that may have been with all 4 fuel rods in a single reactor core.

• there is no way to get the hot coolant out of the center one since it is surrounded on all sides by other reactor cores.

Wrong you can emit the hot coolant TO THE BOTTOM. Think 3D!

And Reactor Rods only work Horizontally, so you have the top and the bottom free to do whatever.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Wrong you can emit the hot coolant TO THE BOTTOM. Think 3D!

Yes, you can wrench the center to output below, but the core below it will not ACCEPT the hot coolant. Ahh, I just checked and I only said 3x3 before, when I meant a 3x3x3.

And Reactor Rods only work Horizontally, so you have the top and the bottom free to do whatever.

Oh, I thought it was supposed to work 3d and I could have sworn that last time I tested it with a single core with all 4 rods in it, that adding another core on top with reflectors increased the output.

• Yeah I first said think 3D but then i forgot that the Reactors themselves are 2D so not everything is 3D. XD

Anyways Patreon Post https://www.patreon.com/posts/30631390

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Say, why would you ever want a single rod reactor core? They seem to require just as much lead, just fewer crystal processors to make, and they are extremely limiting in your output power and efficiency compared to the quad one aren't they?

• Say, why would you ever want a single rod reactor core? They seem to require just as much lead, just fewer crystal processors to make, and they are extremely limiting in your output power and efficiency compared to the quad one aren't they?

They are easier to handle, and you get just as many rods per CPU as you get for the quad one.

GregTech Website

• I just noticed that tungsten says it melts at 3695 but the tungsten measuring pot says it can only handle up to 3645. Also the faucet and funnel do not list what temperature they can handle, and the faucet can handle 4618. Now I guess I have to see if the faucet can pour molten metal out of a drum into a crucible.

• I couldn't even figure out how to harvest tougher stones... I had to use vanilla stone.

Also is it just me or is there a bug with GT that prevents the game from closing properly? I always have to kill the process.

• I couldn't even figure out how to harvest tougher stones... I had to use vanilla stone.

Also is it just me or is there a bug with GT that prevents the game from closing properly? I always have to kill the process.

1. Try using Granite Pickaxe made of Red or Black Granite Rocks.

2. That is a Forge Bug and it happens in all Modpacks. It annoys the shit out of me too. If you launch a World and get thrown back to the Title Screen instead and then try again then get thrown back again and then try again and launch the world successfully then you have to kill the process afterwards.

GregTech Website

• 1. Try using Granite Pickaxe made of Red or Black Granite Rocks.

2. That is a Forge Bug and it happens in all Modpacks. It annoys the shit out of me too. If you launch a World and get thrown back to the Title Screen instead and then try again then get thrown back again and then try again and launch the world successfully then you have to kill the process afterwards.

1. But Granite is too hard to be mined with a weaker material, isn't it? How do I get a material strong enough excluding default stone, because that feels like cheating(Since the guide says "Stone if you have absolutely nothing else").

2. Are you sure? The same 1.7.10 version that I use for GT, I also use for other mods and packs, but while it consistently happens in GT, I do not recall it happening on the others.

• 1. You can find small Rocks on the Surface, some of those are Granite, collect enough and you can break Granite. Also why do you need to break Granite? just go somewhere else on the Map if you dont like being hindered by Granite. :P

2. Yes I am 100% sure, its a stupid Bug and lots of people even non-GT people have it.

GregTech Website

• 2. That is a Forge Bug and it happens in all Modpacks. It annoys the shit out of me too. If you launch a World and get thrown back to the Title Screen instead and then try again then get thrown back again and then try again and launch the world successfully then you have to kill the process afterwards.

Wow, I didn't know you could ever get it to load up once that happened once. I thought once it screws up, trying again would just do the same until the cows come come; I always have to close the re run the game when it happens.

And I had a suggestion Greg: In real life transformers often have multiple taps, so allow a screwdriver to set the tap of a transformer to values other than 4x. You should be able to go from LV to HV directly by using an HV transformer and screwdrivering it into 8x mode rather than using both an MV and an HV transformer.

Oh, and am I crazy for thinking there is way too much manganese and not enough chromium in the game? You get manganese from acid washing the tungsten ores, and hematite, and chromite, but the only significant source of chromium is chromite.

• Wow, I didn't know you could ever get it to load up once that happened once.

Me neither but then when i mindlessly thought "well i guess i just didnt start the game yet" and that twice in a row i noticed it afterwards. XD

And you get lots of Chrome from Sluice Sand or was it Sluice Juice? On of the two.

GregTech Website

• And you get lots of Chrome from Sluice Sand or was it Sluice Juice? On of the two.

I think you mean *some*, not lots. I've been centrifuging sluice juice for most of this world ( did some centrifuging of sluice sand to get manganese before I got into acid washing, then stopped ), but I have more than a stack of blocks of manganese dust since there are so many things you can acid wash to get the stuff, but every time I have to make a ton of stainless steel, I have to go mine chromite, which gets me even more manganese too and the stuff just keeps building up. I've been getting a bunch more this last week processing tungsten to get enough of that to make the implosion compressor, but for chromium it's either the little bit from the sluice juice or chromite, and that's it. Unless you want to centrifuge redstone, but that also doesn't get you much.

• Hey, didn't you used to be able to pull molten fluid out of a crucible? I'm making a ton of steel to make into tungsten steel to make the implosion compressor and so I melted all the iron into wrought using the smelter and a tungstensteel drum and used a tungsten tap and measuring pot to transfer it into a crucible that is being electrically heated and maintained at just over 2060K with some spare carbon in it. It formed into steel because I can mold it out, but why can't I pull it back out with the tungsten measuring pot and dump it into the tungstensteel barrel so I can throw it into the mixer without all of the cooling time to make it into ingots then re melt it in the smelter?

• I'm really confused. I have a centrifuge with a bunch of gas in it and I stuck a ceramic nozzle on it and clicked on it with a gas cylinder that already has some argon in it, and it won't extract more argon from the centrifuge. Why?

• I'm really confused. I have a centrifuge with a bunch of gas in it and I stuck a ceramic nozzle on it and clicked on it with a gas cylinder that already has some argon in it, and it won't extract more argon from the centrifuge. Why?

It tries to get the firstbest Output Slot first, so there isn't only argon is there? And yes that implementation isn't all that good.

GregTech Website

• I am super, super excited for the new multiblock crucible! Honestly, the whole metalworking system is probably one of my favorite things in GregTech. It's just really versatile - you can melt down almost anything in it, you can mix metals to make alloys, pour the molten metal into molds to make a TON of things - tool heads, ingots, plates, gears, rods... also, having to actually measure things out and pay attention to ratios when making alloys has been really engaging, for me at least. At any rate, having the option of making a crucible with 27x the capacity is just going to make all of that so much more awesome.