[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hi, Greg!

I have to say, that at first I thoght that it is just a "NERF EVERYTHING"-mod, but when I looked at it closer, I noticed that it is much more interesting. I LOVE the feel and look of those casing devices and other stuff, and I like the concept of "constant-energy" machines.

BTW, I found out that it is possible to share casings between different machines. And, I guess even share parts of casings between differen TYPES of machines. Is it intended?

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Yes it is.
    Have fun figuring out how to squeeze out maximum of the multiblocks :)

Yay! I have to say, that with RC boilers/turbines, GregTech looks like actual factory, not like a kitchen like vanilla IC2 ^^

Edit: Oh, 129 posts... Im High-Voltage now, Yay!

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kuu ().

• Hi, Greg!

I have to say, that at first I thoght that it is just a "NERF EVERYTHING"-mod, but when I looked at it closer, I noticed that it is much more interesting. I LOVE the feel and look of those casing devices and other stuff, and I like the concept of "constant-energy" machines.

BTW, I found out that it is possible to share casings between different machines. And, I guess even share parts of casings between differen TYPES of machines. Is it intended?

Unfortuantly alot of people think that.
    Nearly everybody on the direwolf video's (appart from the guys who actually use gregtech) Think its a mod that makes Wooden planks need to be crafted with a Subatomic Fission Dissector.
    The Coolest thing lately is the fusion reactor :P

• That's the point. If he updates it, your mod stops working, and you don't want that to happen.

The API contains the most important Code of my Addon, meaning that it will very likely change from Version to Version. That's why I added a Version check to it. And it also breaks IC² if you include the IC²-API, so my behavior is completly legit.

Also my API will receive a massive update in 3.01a, due to optimizing a few things and to do a much better Coding. That is why it takes so long to update.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Any chance you could update the infinite water fix to 1.5.1 any time soon? :)

Thats gregs? :P
    Also, Greg, what is the OreDict name for your Bronze Plate?

• Thats gregs? :P

There are many mods out there besides Greg's that provide this functionality (and none have updated) but Greg seems to be one of the rare few that actually responds to questions :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by hoho ().

• Also, Greg, what is the OreDict name for your Bronze Plate?

Guess it... and if you dont get that it's "plateBronze", here is a hint: it contains the words "plate" and "Bronze".

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I have to say, that at first I thoght that it is just a "NERF EVERYTHING"-mod, but when I looked at it closer, I noticed that it is much more interesting.

Good point of view. I hope my friends will realize that. Well, they failed to understand there is a config, so...

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• Hey just installed your mod into a private server pack today and everything worked fine until I decided to update ThaumicBees to its newest version as well and that broke everything:
    Crash Log
    FML Log
    It crashes at startup shortly after hanging at the Mojang splash. Sorry if this was answered somewhere already, I spent probably the better half of an hour scouring the web but no one else seemed to have any problems like this anywhere else.

Thanks in advance and if this is something I should be reporting to the ThaumicBees author (MysteriousAges) instead, I'll gladly do so.

e: If you're not familiar with ThaumicBees, it just added metal nuggets which I assume GregTech is trying to add and that's where the problem is, though I'm sure you can tell that from the error, just giving you a heads up.

• Hey just installed your mod into a private server pack today and everything worked fine until I decided to update ThaumicBees to its newest version as well and that broke everything:
    Crash Log
    FML Log
    It crashes at startup shortly after hanging at the Mojang splash. Sorry if this was answered somewhere already, I spent probably the better half of an hour scouring the web but no one else seemed to have any problems like this anywhere else.

Thanks in advance and if this is something I should be reporting to the ThaumicBees author (MysteriousAges) instead, I'll gladly do so.

e: If you're not familiar with ThaumicBees, it just added metal nuggets which I assume GregTech is trying to add and that's where the problem is, though I'm sure you can tell that from the error, just giving you a heads up.

I can assure you that Greg will say what he always does when he gets a report like that: "That's not my error."
    And since ThaumicBees seems to have caused the crash he will probably be right. Why did you come here first, when you got the crash after updating TB and the FML log shows that the crash occured after trying to load TB? Wouldn't ThaumicBees be the obvious first place to go to?

edit:
    Also welcome to the forum! Hope you'll stay for more than just posting errorlogs.

• EDITED:

Hi Greg, so what should we use this GT redstone timer for if RP2 is not updated? Vanilla items? or do you have other plans regarding to usage of a redstone timer in your machines? Probably something like making your machine reacts accurately according to the timer, ie electric translocator extract 1 stack of items per 30 seconds if the timer is set to it?

The post was edited 2 times, last by noskk ().

• Yeah, the crash occurred while loading ThaumicBees, but it looks like it happened when a listener from GregTech is called by Forge. I would think at the very least, even if something was wrong with ThaumicBees, GregTech would be smart enough to just ignore it and not exacerbate the situation if that was the case. I guess I should add, too, that with the spartan setup I have (just those two mods, IC2, Thaumcraft and Forestry), everything works if I take out either ThaumicBees or GregTech, they just don't want to cooperate with each other.

• And a question: I'm using GT with all the FTB Ultimate modpack with default config. It seems, that TE makes some of the machines not very useful (for instance, macerator with expensive recipe and industrial sawmill). Is using the pulverizer/sawmill counts as "bad"?
    Or using Steve Carts' treefarm?

Also, a funny thing: The "similar threads" list in this thread shows a lot of "lightningrod threads" :3

• @above, not as bad, just make sure you enable TE expensive recipe (steel for machine frame, diamonds and gear), so you can feel the GT changes.

• And a question: I'm using GT with all the FTB Ultimate modpack with default config. It seems, that TE makes some of the machines not very useful (for instance, macerator with expensive recipe and industrial sawmill). Is using the pulverizer/sawmill counts as "bad"?
    Or using Steve Carts' treefarm?

Also, a funny thing: The "similar threads" list in this thread shows a lot of "lightningrod threads" :3

TE is kinda OP. I would like harder reipies but meh.
    Yeah, Sawmill is completely useless except for Silicon Boules from RP if you have TE installed.
    Pulveriser is better + cheaper then macerator but EU is easier to maintain and you can overclock it.

• Oh, I have default TE recipes... That's might be bad ^_^'
    I'm also using SC treefarm, so that might be concidered as "too easy!". It costs 5 diamonds, though...

I'm also using SC treefarm, so that might be concidered as "too easy!". It costs 5 diamonds, though...

TE Has non-Default recipies? :O
    Also, the SC Carts do alot but also need either constant maintaining or some crazy complicated machine to full automate it.

IIRC, non-forestry sapling will produce lesser biomass at later version of forestry.. so SC sapling is fine, and for the wood log probably SC is still superior, but can you manipulate the tree gene to get bigger tree and more logs with forestry?