[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Not EVERY thing in RP is broke, most things arent.
    Only things i can think of is the Shift Right click for computers and the Dupe bug with bags which all mods with bags like that have.

There are a few more things, but that's beside the point. You missed the irony in my post.

• There are a few more things, but that's beside the point. You missed the irony in my post.

Yes, i probably did.

• Actually, there is a recent addon/bugfix made for RedPower2. Its called RPTweaks, its not all that hard to find with a simple google of its name. It just drops into the mods folder, and it fixes a great deal of bugs. The rendering and networking didn't get touched so that is pretty laggy still, but everything else now works as intended. Of course the person whom made it violated the TOS for RedPower, but he did it in good intentions. Still, I won't post a link so I don't get this post removed.

• Try to walk into a RP-Lamp on SMP and you will quickly know what I mean.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Try to walk into a RP-Lamp on SMP and you will quickly know what I mean.

Just Tried. Nothing happened. Walked on it perfectly fine.

• I mean the ones which are not full Blocks, RPs Lamps dont update their Hitboxes to the Client after Chunk reload.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I mean the ones which are not full Blocks, RPs Lamps dont update their Hitboxes to the Client after Chunk reload.

You mean the ones that it would be completely stupid to walk on :P
    Who makes a floor of Caged lamps :P

• It even happens if you just jump accidently into them, or if you try to just walk by.

GregTech Website

• I have a question that may be slightly stupid, but which version of the IC2 beta should I be using with the 1.5.1 version of GregTech? I have a working IC2 install, but when I add GregTech, I get an error about a missing IC2 API method, so I think my version (.289) might be bad. And, heheh, when I tried connecting to the Jenkins to try updating to the most recent beta, or reverting to whatever "recommended" is, Chrome couldn't connect. -.-

EDIT: This was UniversalElectricty's fault. I got rid of Electric Expansion, which was using an old version of the API. I only used UE because I couldn't use IC2 because an earlier build of IC2 conflicted with Rei's Minimap and I needed IC2 power for MineFactory Reloaded, so I can get rid of that without too much worries.

Major updates are hectic.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Qwertygiy: It did not like that code tag... ().

• This was UniversalElectricty's fault. I got rid of Electric Expansion, which was using an old version of the API.

And that is the Reason, why nobody should ever contain any API File of any Mod inside the downloadable Mod. It even breaks IC². Does no Mod Author except me get that?

GregTech Website

• And that is the Reason, why nobody should ever contain any API File of any Mod inside the downloadable Mod. It even breaks IC². Does no Mod Author except me get that?

I think you (GregTech), me (MoreMusicDiscs), mDiyo (InfiCraft), and cpw (IronChests) are the only people I've ever seen use reflection to access an API. It's sad.

• I think you (GregTech), me (MoreMusicDiscs), mDiyo (InfiCraft), and cpw (IronChests) are the only people I've ever seen use reflection to access an API. It's sad.

That's something I'll have to learn how to do when I make my Addon. I think I can get the ic2 API installed correctly its just referencing it and then not including it in the recompile/download that I don't get... Maybe you could direct me towards tutorial? :D

• If it's a direct child addon to a single mod, like GregTech is to IC2, technically you don't even need to use reflection, you just recompile with the API, then you delete the API from the reobfuscated files that you distribute, and it will access the API files from the parent mod instead. Reflection is mainly for when it's an independent mod, using multiple APIs from different mods that it doesn't require to have installed to play.

So, if your addon absolutely NEEDS, say, Forestry and GregTech installed, you can just recompile with the Forestry and GregTech APIs, and then delete the appropriate folders from your final reobfuscated code. But if it NEEDS IC2 installed, and does stuff with BuildCraft, but can run without BuildCraft, then you'd want to use reflection, at least for the BuildCraft API.

• V3.01a:
    Overhauled 60% of my Code, especially my API files.
    Added improved Cover System, and a few very useful Covers for controlling Machines via Redstone, emitting Redstone based on Progress, outputting Items (Conveyor), Redstone emitting EU-Meter and Efficiency improving Vent Covers.
    Added a few new Redstone Circuits to the Redstone Circuit Block, also added a try/catch inside the RS-Circuitblock to prevent any broken Circuit Code from crashing the TileEntity, what is very useful for testing.
    Made Crop Harvestor Overclockable.
    Fixed another crapton of Bugs.
    Added much more Interfaces to the API.
    Added API for Covers, and improved RS-Circuit-API.
    And many other things.

GregTech Website

• Question:
    How do I make hot tungstensteel now?
    have 2.9h and my full advanced machineblock blastfurnace w/ 2 lava block in the middel hads just 2880 heat! i need 3000

• Question:
    have 2.9h and my full advanced machineblock blastfurnace w/ 2 lava block in the middel hads just 2880 heat! i need 3000

You'll have to use upgrades to get the Blast furnace to full heat capacity. Just rightclick it with 4 Kanthal coils and for max capacity again with 4 NiChrome coils. That way you actually need way less advanced machine casings.

• does it then need more energy or so?

No, that's only the case for overclockers. This change is actually a huge buff for the IBF, because the coils are way cheaper than the advanced machine casings you needed before.

• Question:

Remember those other heating coils? (Nichrome and Kanthal?) They have a use now! Get 4 of each and right-click on the Blast Furnace, and the furnace will be upgraded with a new, higher heat capacity.

To rephrase, manufacture 4 Kanthal heating coils, and 4 Nichrome heating coils, go to your Industrial Blast Furnace, and, with a stack of 4 Nichrome coils in your hand, right-click on the Blast Furnace. This will upgrade the heat capacity of the furnace. Rinse and repeat with the 4 Kanthal heating coils.

If neither of these work, come back and yell at me and I'll shut up.

edit: spent too much time typing and got ninja'd
    edit2: fixed

• Yay, you our combined suggestion! But hey, could you add some infos on the way the OC will work on CropHarvestors ? I mean, what'll be the shape of the cutting area ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!