[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• @Nokia Fanboy I did not say that Nokias Products are bad, I just said the firm is evil. They once had a factory here in germany, but they closed it, as a eastern europe city gave them a better position(With, for example, quick acces to Railroads). But I do not dislike this, especially because there were so much junk in the local media"OMG 1K educated workers lost their job in an area with around 5.000.000 other people that do have a job(Well, most of 'em) and a bunch of firms that need educated workers!!!"
    Nokia, however, did not keep this place(In Eastern Europe), a position that every firm would love. They went to a asian place, only 2 years after they moved the last time. And that is bad, since asian stuff is mostly bad quality("Made in China"), and they don't give them such stuff like Railroads there. Nokia went there to simply have cheaper workers. And its really not normal and not evil to leave a awesome factory position that you use since only 2 years just because of some damn cheap chinese workets

• Every item/block has its own texture in 1.5.1

• Every item/block has its own texture in 1.5.1

No it hasnt. All Textures are intentionally reused, to 1. prevent giant Mod Files and 2. to safe me massive amounts of time.

Now in 1.5.1 all textures of Machines have a fitting Name like "machine_side" for the Side of a Machine Block, to prevent Texturepack Authors from doing Textures wrong, what I have seen in our beloved BoulderDash Pentagon Pack several times.

And Player broke the API again? Okay I will fix it when I'm home.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• NEI Broke too in his latest he did 2 nei updates and broke both the third compiled but yeah CRASH! lol...

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Does the fact that each image is it's own file decrease RAM usage? I heard somewhere that calling up the entire terrain.png was bad because it cached in memory.

• It actually increases RAM usage (due to the overhead of multiple Files), the problem with the terrain.png and RAM usage was just that it also loaded useless or unusable Textures too. Ofcourse thats only a problem for HD Texture Packs.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• It actually increases RAM usage (due to the overhead of multiple Files), the problem with the terrain.png and RAM usage was just that it also loaded useless or unusable Textures too. Ofcourse thats only a problem for HD Texture Packs.

You realize its still one file :P It compiles it into the memory now. The issue for mojang their sheet ran out of room LOL.

• Yes, I realized it, but even though its just one File, it increases RAM usage due to combining the Icons over and over again.

I just explained why it had increased RAM due to the old terrain.png

GregTech Website

• Yes, I realized it, but even though its just one File, it increases RAM usage due to combining the Icons over and over again.

I just explained why it had increased RAM due to the old terrain.png

Ahh yeah. I don't mind it but then again all computers have a min of 4 gigs and most crappy PC's from them crap stores are like 6gigs anyways haha. I just wish the GPU could handle more including memory wise. 3GB of GDDR5 would be better spent :P

• Your windmills will certainly generate more energy than with my setup, however they are not "place and forget" like mine.
    If your windmills are placed higher than my tower designs says to, they will have a tiny chance of breaking (turning into a generator).
    Maximum wind + thunderstorm = chance of breaking your windmills. Rare, but still happens, so i've made my windtowers safe, even though it means lower energy production.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I think the small risk compensates for the extra EU.
    Also, because of the random wind force from the chunks loading, if I measure the EU from the windmills I know if the wind will be safe or not (I can avoid "Maximum wind"), I also play in SSP, so I can control better the weather.

EDIT:
    I have a chunk loader on my base, so when I load the world the wind stays mostly the same until I quit.
    Since is SSP the chunk loader is fine, also since many of you might know, some chunks (or is just 1?) near the spawn will always be loaded, and I have my base in there.
    Having some chunks loaded and others not would cause problems on my base...

Regards.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ZeChico ().

• Ahh yeah. I don't mind it but then again all computers have a min of 4 gigs and most crappy PC's from them crap stores are like 6gigs anyways haha. I just wish the GPU could handle more including memory wise. 3GB of GDDR5 would be better spent

I have 2.5 ...

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• If you are fine with it, i have nothing to say.
    Just make it not rain and you are good.

I'm actually letting raining and thundering to see if it will have problems, and so far the wind mills are fine.
    Because as I said, I can avoid maximum wind.

• So THAT'S why you and Greg hate me... O_o because your both the same nationality

I don't hate you, I just like it to point at other peoples errors. :D

And Kane, I have only 2GB RAM! I don't know what the specs of that iMac my family won recently from ProSieben are, but I don't use Apple products, even if they are for free.

GregTech Website

• As usual, I appear to have the crappiest computer around, at 1.5 GB RAM. And that's AFTER I upgraded it from 2 half-gig RAM cards to one half-gig and one full-gig.

77 GB hard drive.

Intel 95G Mobile Graphics Chipset, gotta use a modded launcher.

20 FPS max, with Optifine on lowest settings, and view distance of just less than Short.

When someone mentioned they lost 40 FPS earlier in the thread, I was like, "Whew, if I lose 40 FPS, my game will be playing backwards."

So, yeah, the fewer indexes I have, the better. Maybe you could work on a configuration option for texture pack artists to have full customization, but please don't just make 200 copied textures by default...

And @below: Heh, hard to be offended when it IS the (second) worst computer I've ever seen... a guy who I do music collaborations with has a worse laptop than mine, but other than that, well, I call it the Craptop for a reason.

• Finally, someone with a worse slower PC than I :D (no offence though...)

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• I just reported the broken-ness of the IC² API. That thing broke all the IC²-Machine-Recipe Code. And all things which could make the Recipes somehow available are private Fields, which have to be hacked to even access them, and which are also 100% unused!

GregTech Website

• I have 2.5 ...

I got 6 on Normal and 3 on Video >:D
    Now, slight change of subject, internet connection.
    I Live in a village that connects to some larger towns, and surprisingly the internet here Seems very good (8Mb/d, 1MB/u), only time i stretch it ever is when uploading a Youtube video Like 10 hours of YT Proccessing per hour of Content), but when i asked Bubbalot on skype, he has like 25MB/d and 20MB/u, which to me is insane, although he does live in new york.
    What is everyone else's?

• Couldn't just leave me alone and drop it could you? That's lovely...

So THAT'S why you and Greg hate me... O_o because your both the same nationality

wait... greg is german? yay we share the same nationality!