[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Greg y u no reply about Tekkit permissions? (I meant Tekkit Lite, obviously, since Tekkit doesn't have IC2)

LOL

Is that an actual coded furnace, or some fancing retexturing?

• Bug report, GregTech 3.04c / Industrialcraft Build #308:

This setup: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…1yp5kbmrb66d1gi4o3rqs9340

...should not be stable, even with the changed values for thorium. A test in an ingame reactor confirms that it is not stable. The overclocked vents at the edges melt off as they should.

The GregTech Computercube, however, shows it as being stable. This is the first time I've ever seen the cube mess up a simulation, I didn't think it was even possible :p

• You probably have the Reactor set up on Chunk Boundaries, that might be the Problem.

So all of the Fusion Reactor has to be in a single chunk?
    Mine is just cut in "half" on the right side of the material injectors

http://imgur.com/x1oMOHR

€: nope just checked in a new world. build it completely on a single chunk. After I reload my world, after the Fusion Reactor has used up the 40kk, it was shut down.

• Greg y u no reply about Tekkit permissions? (I meant Tekkit Lite, obviously, since Tekkit doesn't have IC2)

Because no Tekkit Dev sent me a request for permission?

So all of the Fusion Reactor has to be in a single chunk?
    Mine is just cut in "half" on the right side of the material injectors

http://imgur.com/x1oMOHR

€: nope just checked in a new world. build it completely on a single chunk. After I reload my world, after the Fusion Reactor has used up the 40kk, it was shut down.

Dangit. I didn't want to tell people that there was indeed a Bug (which I fixed), to let it look like I wasn't the one to blame. :P

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Wait, so Thorium outputs half the EU? but... That means Centrafuging Near Depleted Cells lets you get Quadruple out of your uranium D:
    EXPLOIT FIX IT GREG

• I dont think a fix is really needed, the last thing you wanna see after you have a few reactors up and running is more thorium, I am rotten with the stuff.

• Wait, so Thorium outputs half the EU? but... That means Centrafuging Near Depleted Cells lets you get Quadruple out of your uranium D:
    EXPLOIT FIX IT GREG

How is that an exploit if a breeder will give you 8 cells per uranium (and has always done so)?

• How is that an exploit if a breeder will give you 8 cells per uranium (and has always done so)?

Because you can craft 8 Uranium ingot with Cells surrounding it to get 8 Depleted uranium, so you still get 4x Your energy output.

• Because you can craft 8 Uranium ingot with Cells surrounding it to get 8 Depleted uranium, so you still get 4x Your energy output.

For someone who loves nukes, you sure know awfully little about how the whole nuclear fuel cell game mechanic works :p

1 uranium ingot + 8 cells = 8 depleted cells
    8 depleted cells + 8 coal dust = 8 near-depleted isotopes
    8 near-depleted isotopes centrifuged = 8 thorium dust

This is what you mean, yes? Prepare to have your mind blown, then:

8 near-depleted isotopes in a breeder reactor = 8 re-enriched isotopes
    8 re-enriched isotopes + 8 coal dust = 8 uranium cells

8 uranium, not 8 thorium. Eight times your input, not four. And this is a standard IC2 recipe, nothing to do with GregTech. It has always worked this way and is meant to work this way.

GregTech adds this, by the way:

8 re-enriched isotopes centrifuged = 1 plutonium dust + 4 thorium dust + 3 near-depleted isotopes

• Hi,

I got a problem with crafting the expensive green generators... none of the recicpes work (either with carbon plates or aluminium for the wind-mills for example).

I use version 3.04c and the following mods:

IC2 1.115.308-lf
    Gregtech 3.04c
    Buildcraft §.50A

The configs are ok, recipes set to expensive

Any ideas?

P.

• Try the Assembling Machine. The crafting recipes were migrated over to it.

• Not Talking about the Breeding, Literally 1 Refined Uranium + 8 Cells = 8 Near Depleted Cells, NDC + Centrafuge = Thorium, no Breeding Required, its litterally 1 Uranium = 8 Thorium. And Since Thorium gives half the Energy of Uranium per Cell, you are Quadrupling your Energy output from Just Centrafuging it.

I can see The Depleted Cells reinriching into Uranium cells, becuase Decayed Uranium doesnt ALWAYS give Reinriched cells, so you will still loose a fair bit, but getting 4x the amount from a Single Uranium without an Expensive Breeder? OP YO
    And for the last one, remove the Return of the Depleted cells and its better.

• Not Talking about the Breeding, Literally 1 Refined Uranium + 8 Cells = 8 Near Depleted Cells, NDC + Centrafuge = Thorium, no Breeding Required, its litterally 1 Uranium = 8 Thorium. And Since Thorium gives half the Energy of Uranium per Cell, you are Quadrupling your Energy output from Just Centrafuging it.

I can see The Depleted Cells reinriching into Uranium cells, becuase Decayed Uranium doesnt ALWAYS give Reinriched cells, so you will still loose a fair bit, but getting 4x the amount from a Single Uranium without an Expensive Breeder? OP YO
    And for the last one, remove the Return of the Depleted cells and its better.

But the Centrifuge is exspensive and needs a small bunch of energy!

• But the Centrifuge is exspensive and needs a small bunch of energy!

OMG I KNOW!!! That thing is so expensive, what does it cost, a Billion EU or someshit? No idea what i was talking about, hey! #Sarcasm
    Also remove that 1 uranium + 8 cells = 8 depleted uranium it iz op yo
    Perhaps 1 Raw Uranium + 2 Cans + Canner = 2 Depleted uranium?

• I'm currently thinking about a few Designs for Redstone Scale Blocks. The Current Redstone Display Block does its job properly but some people might not like its Design especially when there are many of these Panels on a Wall or something. So I need a few more alternative Designs for the Display. I currently have an EC-Meter alike Scale for that purpose, but I need more than just that Design. Anyone Ideas on how to display 16 diffrent Stages of Redstone?

Oh, and that EC-Meter alike Scale gave me the Idea of measuring the average EU Input/Output of a Machine using the Energy Meter Cover in a few new Modes, so that we have basically an Average Counter when using a Machine Box as Transformer/Conductor/Storage for example.

Images

• machine_redstone_scale_5.png

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Two Designs:
    Glowing Redstone thing, The Redstone Display beomes Brighter the Higher the Value, Going from Dark Greyish Red to Nice Bright Redstone colour, with a possible Number at the bottom.

SPEEDOMETER BITCHEZ