[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• You could have a server option to have machines check how much real-world time has elapsed every time the world loads and resolve processes accordingly. Of course, they'd have to be constantly working at the same rate, which would be near-impossible to ensure (running out of power etc) and mega-CPU-intensive.

Another way might be to take the average play-time (offline) or server uptime (online) per day out of 24h and use that as a multiplier for processes. By the time you could reach the technology level to make the long-process machines, you'd have a reasonable average.

Erm, no. A better way of doing that is to add machines, such as the incoming Multi Blocks Generators, which require maintenance.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The fml log tells me too report this to you,so i come here.
    "Item Name: itemCharcoalSugar !!!Unknown Item detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information."
    CharcoalSugar is from Mine Factory Reloaded 2.The author is PowerCrystals,there is a link to his thread.CharcoalSugar is the result of smelting sugar.It's less powerful than normal charcoal.The exact data is unknown.

• Great, let's unify it.

And yey, even more difficult to find gems is exactly what GregTech needed MinecraftCow It's already almost pointless to go manually looking for them with the rock cutter. In my current world I am averaging one ruby for every 15 diamonds I encounter while stripmining under a desert biome. Admittedly a nice source of diamond, and allows me to run my matter fab off of diamond dust because I have it coming out of my ears and nothing better to use it on, but I'd rather be able to get on with the tech tree sometime this year.

While all your "this is my mod you don't have to like it" mantras are true, Greg, usability is seriously your greatest issue. And I'm not meaning "things are too hard", I'm meaning UI design, streamlining game mechanics, proper documentation and a rough overview of how people play games. GregTech is borderline unplayable in SSP or on servers that are not on 24/7. The UU-matter cost is tuned for energy production while you're offline, the gem spawn rates are tuned for automining while you're offline, the recipes of many machines are set to take up so much time that refining ingredients for larger projects can take RL days. You're going to keep getting people clogging your thread with complaint posts because of that unintuitive approach. Just sayin'.

I've played SSP until fusion reactor (from scratch), based on personal experience, GregTech was there just to make the gameplay longer and a bit different (plate bending machine), while other mods were there to lessen the pain made by GregTech :3

• I've got a player telling me that he cannot input into an Automatic Recycler when using BC pipes, MFR conveyor belts or AE. He's saying that he's doing everything correctly for it to work.

Is this intended behaviour or a bug?

• ... I told that because Cubcraft has GraviGun (which I hate for ...) but not EE3. The question is: can Greg be considered as a GregTech user ? ^^

They also have Compact Solars, Ender Chests, and MFR.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• And completely re-balancing any other tech tree that you think is overpowered in comparison to your tech tree but you still like to use?

That is part of "replacing the tech tree of modded Minecraft", yes.

Erm, no. A better way of doing that is to add machines, such as the incoming Multi Blocks Generators, which require maintenance.

How do multiblock generators solve "everything takes 10 times longer in SSP"?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• hey greg I just had a (not that) great idea (but still something you should do) you should make a block that when you walk over it, it can take any combination of armor inventory or hotbar off of your character and be transported by buildcraft tubes other transportation tubes etc.
    and TBH I don't think this should be some crazy CRAZY expensive thing but just like inbetween end game industrial craft and early game gregtech (after steel before matter fabricator) or maybe just one piece of iridum XD thought I would quick post because it came to my mind Thanks for reading!

name a mod... I've tried putting it into my modpack!

172 mods
    11 power systems
    infinite fun

• hey greg I just had a (not that) great idea (but still something you should do) you should make a block that when you walk over it, it can take any combination of armor inventory or hotbar off of your character and be transported by buildcraft tubes other transportation tubes etc.
    and TBH I don't think this should be some crazy CRAZY expensive thing but just like inbetween end game industrial craft and early game gregtech (after steel before matter fabricator) or maybe just one piece of iridum XD thought I would quick post because it came to my mind Thanks for reading!

So basically armor changer, Iron Man style?

Btw there is a suggestion thread.

• Oh, did I mention that in 3.08b the Ores are sometimes (50% Chance) looking exactly like the Stone around them, making them partially camouflaged? Or that Ores, which have no valid Stone/Netherrack/Endstone around them, get a full Texture instead, making large Ore Clusters look better?

Does it work with underground biomes stuff as well? I mean those worlds almost don't have any good-old cobble in them as it's been replaced by N+1 alterations of it.

• Your ores look absolutely terrible. They only hide when next to vanilla stone, not UB stone, not netherrack, not endstone. Plus theres only one side which is visible as an ore, and it doesn't pick up the texture of the stone its next to , it just looks like the same old ore it always is. The only thing which is semi working is ores looking better when not next to stone.

• So basically armor changer, Iron Man style?

Btw there is a suggestion thread.

It should be crafted with 2 Hoppers, a Player Detector and 6 Aluminium Plates.

edit: Greg, you should make Silver 'Plates' placeable on shelves.
    :P

edit2: As someone who does all manual mining, I dislike the change.
    You also assume that everyone plays on SMP and has the ability to place down a quarry and go to bed. I would apply for CubCraft, but my hostel's internet prevents it.

• Speaking of ores, ore density config please?

Thermalexpansion-like detailed spawning config would be even better. Though I'm not sure how easy it would be to add biome-specific spawn config. I guess a simple list of string-names might work.

As for the textures change, you pretty much made cave exploring for your ores useless time waste as most of the stuff you add that actually is useful (iridium and gems) spawns in tiny clusters. Though I do admit it somewhat prevents "cheating" like plotting down a 64x64 quarry and after every layer go check if anything good was revealed to be picked up with silk touch.

• I'm having trouble with the crop harvesters and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. They just don't seem to be doing anything. I have a variety of fully-mature IC2 plants on crop sticks placed in front of the harvesters (the side with the blades), either on the block directly in front or several blocks away. The harvesters all have 4 overclockers and full power storage. There are no covers on them. I have large buffers placed behind the harvesters, with the output of the harvesters against the sides of the buffers. Nothing is happening at all.

What am I missing?

• 1. Wrench your overclocked harvester
    2. Cheat in an unmodified one, place it in that spot
    3. Does it work? --> Your upgrades are causing the other one to fail
    4. Does it not work? --> Something else is wrong

• As for the textures change, you pretty much made cave exploring for your ores useless time waste as most of the stuff you add that actually is useful (iridium and gems) spawns in tiny clusters. Though I do admit it somewhat prevents "cheating" like plotting down a 64x64 quarry and after every layer go check if anything good was revealed to be picked up with silk touch.

How is that cheating? You're investing extra manual effort for a larger return of ore than entirely relying on automining. That's a very logical game mechanic. Extra effort should always be rewarded. ;)

• A friendly reminder to all not happy about gregtech recent changes:

Greg doesn't give a flying fuck about anything anyone says! :thumbsup: His mod is made solely for him - not that he plays it anyway, since he's too busy coding more extremely-useful-stuff-which-no-one-can-live-without (C) in - and he doesn't care about destroying balance of Every-Fucking-Other-Mod (TM) just to suit his own needs.
    So just go crawl back into your cobblestone shacks and dig down with your iron picks, preferably straight into a pool of lava. :thumbup:

That was sarcasm, by the way, but it pretty accurately portrays Greggy's standpoint in the matter. :whistling:

With best regards from Karach, trolling since GT 1.6 MinecraftChicken

P.S. This mod desperately needs silk touch quarry. Luckily, BC is open source, and changing a few lines of code to make its quarry silk touch was not that difficult... 8)

• Thermalexpansion-like detailed spawning config would be even better. Though I'm not sure how easy it would be to add biome-specific spawn config. I guess a simple list of string-names might work.

As for the textures change, you pretty much made cave exploring for your ores useless time waste as most of the stuff you add that actually is useful (iridium and gems) spawns in tiny clusters. Though I do admit it somewhat prevents "cheating" like plotting down a 64x64 quarry and after every layer go check if anything good was revealed to be picked up with silk touch.

Does no one use the Jackhammers like I do? They melt through anything stone, and of course the ores it will just 'stop' on, so feel free to silk touch those.

• The harvesters all have 4 overclockers and full power storage

My first guess is that those overclockers are causing the machine to use more energy than it's internal store can hold and thus can't do the operation. Try throwing in some energy store upgrades (or get a non-OC'd harvester).

How is that cheating? You're investing extra manual effort for a larger return of ore than entirely relying on automining. That's a very logical game mechanic. Extra effort should always be rewarded. ;)

There was a reason I added quotes around cheating :) In my mind it's somewhat similar to self-imposed limitations of not using stuff that can be considered OP (MFR farms, endless loops of energy production from nearly nothing, pumping lava from nether, infinite water/creating water from nothing, ...). I consider that a tad bit OP since it's nearly as good as silk-touch automining. It takes a couple of minutes to clear a layer of 64x64 quarry of useful stuff with silk touch and you at least tripple the materials like that. Having done that for coal on about 15 layers of that big quarry gave me a total of about 2000 coal/coal dust and ~4 stacks of thorium. It's something I haven't yet fully figured out for myself if it's, as you said, extra stuff for a bit of extra work or too good to be done.

Again, this is my personal "problem" with scavenging the quarry and having the ores partially hidden would mean that at least for GT stuff it'll be less useful for me to do (while for getting coal/diamonds it'll still work great). Though I think for general use-case of doing cave-exploring/tunneling for silk touch mining the change is pretty bad.

As for the "GT is for Greg's own amusement", I have nothing against that but I'm fairly certain he has changed his mind about some stuff after seeing it being discussed and dissected by community :)

[edit]

Does no one use the Jackhammers like I do? They melt through anything stone, and of course the ores it will just 'stop' on, so feel free to silk touch those.

Do you stripmine everything by hand then? I generally dig a 1x2 tunnels and if I notice something at sides I dig it up. It's about 3x higher chance to see ores at sides of the tunnel than digging into them.