[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Due to the recent updates, I have to build underground, to be as efficient as possible - building above-ground requires resources, and Gregtech makes resources expensive/cuts them in half.
    I currently just make a ladder-shaft surrounded with cobbles, all the way to level 42, then at the top, place 4 slabs around the opening and a trapdoor on the opposite side of the shaft as the ladder, connected to the slab. Maybe this would be useful to the rest of you who use the Inefficiency plus mod the settings at default.

• Due to the recent updates, I have to build underground, to be as efficient as possible - building above-ground requires resources, and Gregtech makes resources expensive/cuts them in half.
    I currently just make a ladder-shaft surrounded with cobbles, all the way to level 42, then at the top, place 4 slabs around the opening and a trapdoor on the opposite side of the shaft as the ladder, connected to the slab. Maybe this would be useful to the rest of you who use the Inefficiency plus mod the settings at default.

whine whine swine ... If you so dislike Gregtech, uninstall and be done with it. :thumbdown: ... and if you do, can i have your stuff ? :D

• Who would have thought cobble would become an actually useful resource, eh? :)

Again, as I said nerfs generally give players more options and choices, not less.

• Has he changed the harvestcraft? Last time I tried it, it seemed massively OP by having food everywhere.

Also, it seems to be using MASSIVE amount of iDs making it really tedious to add his stuff to existing installation.

If people are incapable of using ctrl+f they don't really have a valid excuse to be playing MC.

As has been said, if you want to use an exploit then feel free to do so. Greg just removes even more of the "tediousness" by making it a bit easier.

*she
    there were some bugs with the generation that got fixed but it isn't that bad. The Seeds by default are as common as Wheat seeds.

• I formally request a cease-fire. This silly game has gone on long enough, and too many people are getting caught in the crossfire. I'll remove all of the behavior changes that happen when GregTech is installed, I only ask that you do the same for Tinkers' Construct.

Thats something good to read.
    Can we expect a TC modification regarding mid-end tech (aka making tools a bit more complex, while keeping them modular) , so it can be even more compatible with GT?

I'll accept the bet. What will be the rewards?

You won! Now ask for the reward ^^ .
    GT will try to be as compatible as possible with other mods (as long it doesnt break GT balance), i wait the day TC implement high-tech expensive modular tools, having GT in mind. (Disabled by default to not annoy the majority of TC users)

I will check if the latest TConstruct doesnt crash and then remove the detection Code fully.

I can say that crashing the game wasn't the best option (for users) to cause mDiyo to do something about GT-TC "incompatibility", but it indeed was effective!
    No more than a day and it got fixed.

Hey greg what do you think about my insanity challenges? :P (http://imgur.com/a/6y8Ou) (You need to fill them to 100% :D
    but maybe I will change some challenges because a few matter challenges are really "boring" I think I will change some to bee/tree challegenes (Insanity ofcourse) but idk yet :P

Insanity challenges? I can give some more ideas maybe.
    Ars Magica Vinteum Crystal, Pure essence.
    Liquid XP from Liquid XP mod.
    many more that i'm too lazy to write atm.

Well that escalated quickly.

I may consider writing some random program that guides people in configuring GregTech though. Or just upload some random configs in different modes. (If Greg gives permission of course.)

I think Greg has to rework his config entirely, having #commented parts.
    To make it easier for dummies to read and use it.
    I can use it normally with no problems, but inexperienced users may find it a bit hard due the names being a bit weird and scattered around the huge config.

• I think the configs should just be scrapped completely. Default GregTech becomes the Only GregTech. FTB drops the mod because self entitled fuckers can't handle the fact that they aren't a target audience, and we can all rest peacefully.

• whine whine swine ... If you so dislike Gregtech, uninstall and be done with it. :thumbdown: ... and if you do, can i have your stuff ? :D

The reason was, for people with a similar problem with the crappy nerfs, to read through it and recognize that they have that issue, then they read the final part, and are inspired by the technique I described, and thus are supplied with a more efficient way to construct their first base.
    Think before you Quote. n00b tree-puncher.

Why ninja nerf durability of wood tools? Where they really overpowered?

Note: I am using gregtech 3.11.

Greg thinks that if he hasn't nerfed it yet, it's overpowered and has to be nerfed. Whereas you only had to cut down a handfull of trees before, to make a house, you not have to start a major deforestation operation.
    Also, now, the time spent gathering wood for your first house is doubled, so if you aren't a ''pro'', you'll likely be overrun by creepers and skeletons, as it will turn night before you can finish your first basic house.

• I think the configs should just be scrapped completely.

How could anyone think that is a good idea?

I can say that crashing the game wasn't the best option (for users) to cause mDiyo to do something about GT-TC "incompatibility", but it indeed was effective!

Are you supporting Greg deliberately forcing people to accept his way of thinking?

Also, the config rework is long over due. Some config options are very misleading. Eg: The hunger modification.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Seriously. I mean, it's not like the stuff grows on trees.

That made my Day. :D

And what in particular thing in TConstruct needs that "hell of a lot of Wood"? Most of its early Game "Workbenches" are not really expensive Woodwise even with my nerf. Also, if you really need Wood, then make a Saw and you get the previous Amount of 4 Planks per Log.

Some config options are very misleading. Eg: The hunger modification.

You mean the "unsuspiciousHungerConfig"?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Quoted from "Chocohead"
    Some config options are very misleading. Eg: The hunger modification.

You mean the "unsuspiciousHungerConfig"?

That's the one. What does that even do past kill you when you go AFK for like 5 minutes?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Random question for you Greg:

Why haven't you manned up and made a real industrial total conversion mod rather than piggybacking on other modders work then getting upset if they don't let you play with their toys?

Guess not everyone can be FC, eh?

• Just had a quick idea Greg, maybe somehow introduce boron into GT, so we can use boron carbide plates in recipes for high-level armours (a more realistic alternative to iridium).

I'm sure you could think of other uses for it as well.

• How could anyone think that is a good idea?

I could think it's a good idea, but I'm kind of a masochist, and I'm sick of seeing Reddit threads pop up about GregTech pioneered by people who don't know what the fuck they're doing in the first place. It's easy enough to add GregTech back into the FTB pack if it's officially removed, those who play FTB and want to play GregTech will not be hindered.

• Yeah, I mean it's totally not at all difficult to get a saw in order to make my tool. I just need to make my tool and mine some iron.

Oh wait.

Look, the basic point is: You edit other people's mods. You did not have the right in any way shape or form to throw a tantrum like a little baby about someone else doing it to you. You have shown willingness to insert malicious code on more than one occasion now, and your mod should be permanently removed from FTB in response.

Grow up, or get the fuck out.