[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Are you sure it is NOT an IC² Bug? Wasn't there a Bugtracker for that?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hey greg, I have a question for you. Why is our main source of chrome from rubies or redstone?
    Why do we not have chromium ore?

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• If not this, increase energy efficiency. It makes sense, the higher tier casings contain more heat.

• Hi, I got a bug report. If it's a wrong place then I'm sorry and please point me in the right direction.
    So, I'm on 1.6.2 and it seems like tesseracts are bugged.

All of this is on creative. Waiting for Railcraft and NEI addons to do survival.

I build a generator, set it to a frequency; build a terminal, set it... and this is where it starts. First, there is no confirmation of connection. I can switch the freq, but if I go back, it does not write out the message, it's just blank.
    Now, when it's on this blank freq and I destroy the block it crashes. I can login back just fine. Though that's nothing.

I have BC on and got me some oil in a quantum tank. I put a tesseract near the tank and a terminal elsewhere... now, when I put a wooden pipe adjacent to the terminal it crashed with this report generated in Minecraft Launcher:
    Pastebin link
    Worse, I can't enter the world anymore. Good thing it's a test but normal worlds...

My GregTech verion is 4.01c

Cheers!

• Hey greg, I have a question for you. Why is our main source of chrome from rubies or redstone?
    Why do we not have chromium ore?

Because he wants chrome to be rare (although it is not in RL) and be a tier 4-5 item.

@above : I tought that BC and UE compatibility were disabled to not cause crashes...

• okay, just always seemed odd to me to be burning rubies and redstone for chrome.
    It seems like there would be a better substitute.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• You can also use sphalaerite ore (yellow garnet) as chrome source.
    We are not "burning" redstone/rubies for chrome, we are centrifuging/electrolyzing chrome out of it. Perfectly logical (but also not rational as there is a chrome ore which is not that rare [in RL]).
    Chromite ore has been denied btw.

@above : IC and GT are going through dark times of overhaul. Don't expect them to work fine. Greg will appreciate the report anyway.

• I disabled BC, generated a new world and it still crashes.

Ahem, you MUST have an old Version, I disabled BC and UE compatibility in newer Versions to fix that Bug.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• @above : IC and GT are going through dark times of overhaul. Don't expect them to work fine. Greg will appreciate the report anyway.

Oh, that's understandable. I just thought that a report might come in handy. I can also get more of them if need be.:P
    I shall wait for updates. It's not like this instance of my game is playable; Can't really play without recipes and NEI plugins are on hold due to lack of Railcraft for 1.6.2. Though the GT recipes do work... a pity I can't seem to use the bronze blast furnace. Welp, waiting game it is! Derp, I was using wrong blocks, it works.

Ahem, you MUST have an old Version, I disabled BC and UE compatibility in newer Versions to fix that Bug.

An old Version of GT? Mine is 4.01c as found in the zip file. I downloaded it today from the first post.

• There is a Config in the compatibility Section, disable BC Energy there.

GregTech Website

• Are you sure it is NOT an IC² Bug? Wasn't there a Bugtracker for that?

Oh, that's understandable. I just thought that a report might come in handy. I can also get more of them if need be.:P
    I shall wait for updates. It's not like this instance of my game is playable; Can't really play without recipes and NEI plugins are on hold due to lack of Railcraft for 1.6.2. Though the GT recipes do work... a pity I can't seem to use the bronze blast furnace. Welp, waiting game it is! Derp, I was using wrong blocks, it works.

An old Version of GT? Mine is 4.01c as found in the zip file. I downloaded it today from the first post.

Good thing Railcraft is updated now!
    http://www.railcraft.info/version-8-0-0-0-minecraft-1-6-2/

• There is a Config in the compatibility Section, disable BC Energy there.

I just did that and it is still there. I don't think it's a BC issue... unless BC is messing with tesseracts frequencies. Or I'm just unlucky.
    This is the log from Minecraft Launcher console, since it did not make a report. I will now make a clean install of IC2 and GT and see if it repeats.

Bwahaha, great timing!

• bug mistaqur.

You know whats the problem of all mods? They are all made by different people, and yet have to work together.
    Not to mention mod dependancies and interactions which gets messed upon major updates.

• Yeah, it looks like tesseract's thing. All mods out, except Inv Tweaks, Rei's Minimap, NEI, IC2 and GT and they still crash.
    I will try and explain again, more accurately:
    The strangest thing is with the terminal not showing the frequency currently used by a generator. As in, I set the generator to 3, then cycle in terminal 1,2 and when it should show 3 it shows nothing. No message whatsoever. When I click + again it shows frequency 4. When I go back to 3 it shows nothing. Then when I use a wrench to dismantle the terminal (when it is on freq 3) it crashes with this report (Derp, just realised it makes one in the game folder...)

• Edit : What people fear is IC turning into a difficulty modifier mod (aka nerf mod). However that is what GT is designed for, not IC.

What people fear is change. When I first played IC2, it was with Gregtech. Everything seemed normal to me. The first time I placed IC2 without Gregtech, I was freaked out because everything was so easy.

If people started with GT, they wouldn't have any problems reverting to 'vanilla' IC. But when they start with IC and then discover GT, they consider GT 'too hard'.

It's similar to people who learn how to drive a car, whether an automatic or a manual. It determines how they are able to handle the other kind.

My incredibly crappy YouTube channel:

KonSign

Come mock me. You know you want to.

• If you fear change, then you will fear living, because life is about changes. I can understand that people fear drastic changes, but you have to deal with them anyway.
    I started with IC only and it was kinda normal to me to have thousands of UUM in a few days, then i found GT and changed my gamestyle. I'm not unhappy about these changes. Contrary, i'm very happy that i'm not those that has everything on their hands with a minimum to none effort. I feel happy to say that i played with GT since its beginning and turned out what it is today.
    Sometimes i miss the old crappy lightningrod (GT 1.0xx) that could have infinite lightning on it, just because it looked cool :

• If you fear change, then you will fear living, because life is about changes. I can understand that people fear drastic changes, but you have to deal with them anyway.

I agree with you. But so many people out there start whining whenever there's change. Look at all the people who complained about EE3 not including so much of the OP EE2 stuff. Look at how many people are still playing MC 1.4.7 because mods they want haven't updated, and they don't want to change how they play. The real world is full of it too. People in businesses do things a certain way because "that's how it's always been done".

Suggest something new, and people freak out.

Which is sometimes fun to watch, if you do it right.

My incredibly crappy YouTube channel:

KonSign

Come mock me. You know you want to.

• @old_and_dusty_chromium_ore_suggestion:
    Have you ever considered using glowstone for redstone and gold? Glowstone is MUCH more abundant in the Nether...