[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Coal blocks do not appear to be a valid fuel source for GT bronze age machines. Is this on purpose or a feature that will come at a later date? If it's on purpose, would Greg consider changing this as the block is a vanilla fuel source. I could see if I was asking for him to make coal coke blocks compatible. That would be crazy talk.

• Coal blocks do not appear to be a valid fuel source for GT bronze age machines. Is this on purpose or a feature that will come at a later date? If it's on purpose, would Greg consider changing this as the block is a vanilla fuel source. I could see if I was asking for him to make coal coke blocks compatible. That would be crazy talk.

It was made on purpose. Greg won't consider changing this, it was brought up here couple of times already.

• Last time i tried in 1.5.2 it wasn't possible to generate gregtech end ores w legal mystcraft pages.

I could use some work on properly learning english yes, but i'm not spokesman here, just repeating something that was said here many times.

The difference is, in 1.6, the sky biome page IS legitimately obtainable in survival, while in 1.5 it wasn't

• Just ignore that Exception. Its because you are using the regular Version instead of the Experimental. The Error itself is just a Debug Log and nothing dangerous.

Ahh.. i'm not comfortable with exp version, reading all the comments about it. Is there any chance for your mod to stop trying after first "java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.core.item.ItemScrapbox$ScrapboxRecipeManager.addDrop(net.minecraft.item.ItemStack, float)"? It would clear some bloat off log file and make startup some 2 sec faster.

• Granite doesnt Output enough Radiation to actually hurt you. That Generator in your Base running off Coal is much more radioactive than a Granite House or your Nuclear Reactor.

I know :3

• So I guess NEI is bugged out. I am using the latest builds of IC2 and GT with the current NEI. When I try to get the recipes for most IC2 machines nothing happens, and since these recipes are not updated on the wiki it is impossible to see what materials are needed for the IC2 Macerator, Extractor, Compressor, Electric Furnace, or Recycler. Unless these are disabled so that players use the GT versions?

Also can any explain to me why the texture packs are such a pain to setup? I can't get the GT textures to show up at all, just the default 16x (which makes my eyes bleed on a 32" display lol).

• So I guess NEI is bugged out. I am using the latest builds of IC2 and GT with the current NEI. When I try to get the recipes for most IC2 machines nothing happens, and since these recipes are not updated on the wiki it is impossible to see what materials are needed for the IC2 Macerator, Extractor, Compressor, Electric Furnace, or Recycler. Unless these are disabled so that players use the GT versions?

Also can any explain to me why the texture packs are such a pain to setup? I can't get the GT textures to show up at all, just the default 16x (which makes my eyes bleed on a 32" display lol).

NEI is not bugged. IC² machines are disabled, in favor of GregTech automatic ones. Look for "automatic whateverIC²machine"
    If you really wish to use IC² machines for whatever reason you can re-enable them in the config and shapeless craft them from a GT one.
    Although those are "inferior" as you wont have the ability to autooutput items and inability to use covers.

gregtech problems with textures directory maybe? As some people mentioned some posts ago.

• NEI is not bugged. IC² machines are disabled, in favor of GregTech automatic ones. Look for "automatic whateverIC²machine"
    If you really wish to use IC² machines for whatever reason you can re-enable them in the config and shapeless craft them from a GT one.
    Although those are "inferior" as you wont have the ability to autooutput items and inability to use covers.

gregtech problems with textures directory maybe? As some people mentioned some posts ago.

Thanks SpwnX for the fast response, I kind of figured they were disabled for the GT versions, but want to make sure. As for the textures. I know the IC2 mod patch has a base dir of assets/. The base for for the GT patch is mod/, I tried placing it in the root of the texture pack as well as under the assets folder with no luck. I am also having issues with CC and Natura as well. I am using the Spahx PureBDCraft pack. I will shout on their forums again and try to get a response.

:3

The post was edited 1 time, last by SpwnX ().

• What do you mean with lagging? World Generation? Because that is the only thing that can even Lag on the Granite. Unless you discover large Areas all the time you wont receive any Lag from the Granite.

Greg, are you using the vanilla WorldGenMinable? It's laggy when you generate a huge amount of blocks with it, it's adapted to generate ores and only ores.
    Try using simple for (int x = 0; x < 16; x++) for (int y = 0; y < 8; y++) for (int z = 0; z < 16; z++) world.setBlockId(x, y, z, YOUR_BLOCK_ID);
    It wouldn't be as laggy, but it wouldn't be as beautiful too.

• Thanks SpwnX for the fast response, I kind of figured they were disabled for the GT versions, but want to make sure. As for the textures. I know the IC2 mod patch has a base dir of assets/. The base for for the GT patch is mod/, I tried placing it in the root of the texture pack as well as under the assets folder with no luck. I am also having issues with CC and Natura as well. I am using the Spahx PureBDCraft pack. I will shout on their forums again and try to get a response.

:3

All I know is you have to change something to lower case if you look back about 5, 6 pages the info should be there.

• As stated by greg :
    "NOTE: CodeChickenCore by ChickenBones (the Creator of NEI) now adds the finite Water Functionality as a Config. As of that, I won't continue this small Basefile Mod any longer."

CodeChickenCore config :

#If set to true two adjacent water source blocks will not generate a third.
    finiteWater=true

About lagfix, thats up to greg :3

• Hi,

i have 2 questions:

1. could you make it so, that the conveyor output on the automatic machines can be altered with a screwdriver like the cover version (import allow exprt, etc.) and the conveyor button just disables/enables this module? Or at least allow imput from this side?
    2. what is the "conditional"/"invers cond." additon for import/export? i tryed redstone but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Greetings.

• 1. could you make it so, that the conveyor output on the automatic machines can be altered with a screwdriver like the cover version (import allow exprt, etc.) and the conveyor button just disables/enables this module? Or at least allow imput from this side?

The Machine Output is Output only, that is intended, so if you want it to suck Items you have to use an additional Conveyor Cover.

2. what is the "conditional"/"invers cond." additon for import/export? i tryed redstone but it doesn't seem to do anything.

If you have a Controller Cover on the same Block, it will check if that Controller Cover has enabled or disabled the Machine before moving Items.

V4.04k: (probably the last Version to be compatible with non-experimental IC²)
    Added Config for the change of Scrap from Scrapboxing. The larger the Config the larger the weight of the Scrapchance.
    Added Config to determine the despawn time of Items, default 6000 (5 Minutes) and that Config works only on Items which have the standard unmodified despawn time of 6000.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Greg
    I have been playing your mod with my mates on our server sine the 1.3.2 MC days. We like all the current changes you have made and that why we keep using it. We like all the changes that you made with FTB unhinged pack also. We were just wondering if you were going to do more Multiblock Machine generates? I liked the Large Gas Multiblock Turbine not so much the Large Steam Turbine as I don’t like lava as a power source. We came up with a few ideas.
    1 A large version of Diesel Generator so I don’t need to use 42 to get me 512 EU.
    2 A different type of Boiler to use instead of the Thermal Boilers to use with the Large Steam Turbine. We did try and use the Railcraft Steam Boiler with your Large steam Turbine but wouldn’t run correctly (maybe we were doing it wrong)
    3 Advance version of the IC2 Generator (just burns fuel faster for more EU)

+1 for a multiblock industrial diesel generator, really like that idea!

• All I know is you have to change something to lower case if you look back about 5, 6 pages the info should be there.

I am using Sphax BDCraft as well. The gregtech path (relative to the base resource pack folder) is '\assets\gregtech_addon\'. As daxx367 was saying, make sure the 'gregtech_addon' is lowercase.