[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• It takes 1 nitrogen cell and 1 compressed air cell to make NO2, but you need to electrolyze 3 NO2 cells to get the nitrogen back. Is this intentional?

Well, uhhm. I guess so, also why would you run that cycle?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• It takes 1 nitrogen cell and 1 compressed air cell to make NO2, but you need to electrolyze 3 NO2 cells to get the nitrogen back. Is this intentional?

Greg doesn't take the time to make Oxygen cells, and instead just leaves Compressed Air Cells at their capacity of 2. That makes it 1 N and 2 O - NO2 - and you must electrolyze 3 to get 1 N and 2 O (1 compressed air cell) back.

• Greg doesn't take the time to make Oxygen cells, and instead just leaves Compressed Air Cells at their capacity of 2. That makes it 1 N and 2 O - NO2 - and you must electrolyze 3 to get 1 N and 2 O (1 compressed air cell) back.

Yeah, that was the original reason. I might change that, because I don't like the specialcases, I have to do for that.

Now if someone could explain to me why (!IsGTLoaded) [do the IC2 recipe] sometimes works and sometimes not, that'd be great.

Maybe it doesn't work because you use Objective C and not Java.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Yeah, it is not compatible with Mac for some reason, what I hate when being forced to use a Mac. Not to mention 50% of the time the Quotes are not getting displayed inside the Editor, so that one has to refresh until it appears.

The quote system isn't as bad as another part of the forum. I'm not pointing fingers but who stuffed up the deleting post systm? Check box=covers up the field that needs to be filled in order to delete the post with the only fix being to check the box, click reset and then fill the field. I know i'm nitpicking but coming from someone who has a decent knowledge on this it's really annoying as it should be a quick fix.

• Yeah, it is not compatible with Mac for some reason, what I hate when being forced to use a Mac. Not to mention 50% of the time the Quotes are not getting displayed inside the Editor, so that one has to refresh until it appears.

I get an Iron Saw within the first 5-10 Minutes of Gameplay (the third Metal Tool I craft), and you not only get a good Woodchopping and Leafcutting Tool, but you get also the same amount of Planks when crafting it together with a Log as if it wouldn't be nerfed (so that it stays exactly the same balance wise, but needs just a slight bit of more crafting Effort). That Saw was the only reason I nerfed it in the first place, because otherwise no one would have used it, and I like the concept of using Tools in crafting.

Thank you for helping and for however you got mDiyo to calm down.

I sympathize with you on the Mac issue. I have one of those for work. Yikes.

Anyways, why not have the saw give +1 log (5 vs the normal 4), and then the Sawmill is +2 logs? Or 1.5x, whichever it is. That way you still have incentive to use the saw (and a useful tool for chopping trees), and you also establish the pattern that tools are better than hands.

As far as the mDiyo thing, you're welcome. And I apologize if I came across wrong at any point today - it's been a long semester and I'm ready to go home.

• , but you get also the same amount of Planks when crafting it together with a Log as if it wouldn't be nerfed (so that it stays exactly the same balance wise, but needs just a slight bit of more crafting Effort). That Saw was the only reason I nerfed it in the first place, because otherwise no one would have used it, and I like the concept of using Tools in crafting.

This would be cool to see in changelog when you do stuff... Would be hella more work, but it might ease a lot of the "AMG HARD GREGTECH" stuff.

@Lemming I think the sawmill actually gives six? I know it did at one point.. I'm not sure what it's at now.

And actually, does that mean the saw has Axe functionality built into it? Does it have a right click for instant cut of logs, but at a cost of higher use of durability?

• I sympathize with you on the Mac issue. I have one of those for work. Yikes.

Anyways, why not have the saw give +1 log (5 vs the normal 4), and then the Sawmill is +2 logs? Or 1.5x, whichever it is. That way you still have incentive to use the saw (and a useful tool for chopping trees), and you also establish the pattern that tools are better than hands.

As far as the mDiyo thing, you're welcome. And I apologize if I came across wrong at any point today - it's been a long semester and I'm ready to go home.

A Config for both plank output with hand and plank output with saw was suggested I think. Personally, I like the nerfed planks :3
    If I could be bothered to code, I would make a much longer wood and stone age era :3

• This would be cool to see in changelog when you do stuff... Would be hella more work, but it might ease a lot of the "AMG HARD GREGTECH" stuff.

http://gregtechcommunitywiki.wikispaces.com/Changelog 3.10a
    No additional comments though :P

Also, Greg, plz do power units in saw/drill recipe? plz? :3

Maybe it doesn't work because you use Objective C and not Java.

well it's not the literal code obviously.

EDIT: WOW YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME INGOTIRON IS NOT OREDICT REGISTERED WITHOUT GT?!?!?!?!?!

• Anyways, why not have the saw give +1 log (5 vs the normal 4)

If you disable the saw requirement then this happens automatically (well it gives 5 Planks not 5 additional Logs like you just said ;P ).

And I apologize if I came across wrong at any point today - it's been a long semester and I'm ready to go home.

Strange, all the other people have their finals etc. in the end of December, I have my finals always in the end of January / beginning of February.

-snap-

sirus, I just saw you edited the OP and the second Post of this Thread, what exactly did you do?

GregTech Website

• EDIT: WOW YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME INGOTIRON IS NOT OREDICT REGISTERED WITHOUT GT?!?!?!?!?!

Exactly, I register ingotIron, ingotGold, blockIron, blockGold and nuggetGold to the OreDict and not Forge.

And do you actually check the existence the right way, such as "ModLoader.isModLoaded("gregtech_addon")"?

GregTech Website

• If you disable the saw requirement then this happens automatically (well it gives 5 Planks not 5 additional Logs like you just said ;P )

lol

I was unaware that this functionality existed, cool!

• sirus, I just saw you edited the OP and the second Post of this Thread, what exactly did you do?

I just edited a few titles to be more obvious.

• @Sirus screwing with OP, pretty sure he changed the download spoiler name
    Ninja'd but right :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Exactly, I register ingotIron, ingotGold, blockIron, blockGold and nuggetGold to the OreDict and not Forge.

And do you actually check the existence the right way, such as "ModLoader.isModLoaded("gregtech_addon")"?

I register ingotIron and plateIron (don't know why IC² didn't register that for me) now too. And no, I search the modlist for "gregtech", but I will change that for the next release then.

• "plateIron" is registered from IC² Side, don't forget I'm managing universal crossmod support of IC², including the OreDictionary Stuff.

GregTech Website