[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• i still dont see a good reason for this new "circuit" thing, we already had machines with their recipes, we also just ago received a machine that required a "shape" to work, so now, recipes are taken away from machines, toss into one and requiring a "shape" to work correct, now its two machines like that.
    I realy dont know why this was implemented after the extruder, and so many types, at first i though of the circuit telling how many "material" would be need and processed, but, after seeing it goes from 0 to 24, nope. I still need to test, but i believe gregtech had a way to avoid material bein consumed wrongly at later stages without circuit.
    But i have no ideia what GregoriusT is planning, so again im just bein myself.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Had 14 Automatic Recyclers (+2 overclock upgrades in each) in my Machinery Room.
    It was full of lag gameplay. 10 FPS.
    Took them away to another world - FPS rose to 70.

• i still dont see a good reason for this new "circuit" thing, we already had machines with their recipes, we also just ago received a machine that required a "shape" to work, so now, recipes are taken away from machines, toss into one and requiring a "shape" to work correct, now its two machines like that.
    I realy dont know why this was implemented after the extruder, and so many types, at first i though of the circuit telling how many "material" would be need and processed, but, after seeing it goes from 0 to 24, nope. I still need to test, but i believe gregtech had a way to avoid material bein consumed wrongly at later stages without circuit.
    But i have no ideia what GregoriusT is planning, so again im just bein myself.

I'd rather have two machines for different purposes than one with that circuit thingy.
    Theres the extruder for multi-purpose machine already.

@above : what kind of automation is feeding them? It is definetely not the recyclers themselves.

• Had 14 Automatic Recyclers (+2 overclock upgrades in each) in my Machinery Room.

Screenshot of the setup? Debug Scanner logs?

• I tried that. RotaryCraft's unification makes it turn in RotaryCraft's Amber. And since Thaumcraft's Amber is not oredict registered, I can't use RotaryCraft or GregTech Amber in any of their recipes. All I have is a shapeless craft from RotaryCrafy Amber into Thaumcraft Amber, but that's kind of moot since it changes back a few seconds later.
    Is there any chance you could contact Azanor about this, Greg? I've tried, but not had any success. I posted on his thread and got no reply, and I've been told that PMing him about it won't get a response either, since he may not see it as important enough to respond to. I've also posted this issue on his github issue tracker.

Has Amber the same ItemID as the Quicksilver Blob and the Thaumium Ingot Item? And which MetaData/DamageValue does it have? I can make a quick fix for that by defaulting the Target to Thaumcraft, like I did with the Thaumium Ingot.

At first i though of the circuit telling how many "material" would be need and processed, but, after seeing it goes from 0 to 24, nope.

Actually it goes from -128 to 127 (0 to 255, but with byte conversion, so that anything above 127 gets negative). I do plan to use those Circuits for other Configurations aswell, like for example the Buffer Output Slot Configuration (which will then be even more advanced than the current Screwdriverclick Method).

And it is basically the Stacksize of the Input (someone could add a Recipe with more than just 9 Items), even though in one case I hacked into my own Code when adding the Cell and the Fuel Rod Recipes (stacksize 12 even though it is actually 1 or 2), by abusing the Recipe Optimizer. Actually it isn't a hack, it was a Bug, which I declared as Feature XD

I still need to test, but i believe gregtech had a way to avoid material bein consumed wrongly at later stages without circuit.

Yes I HAD a way, and that was just simply not to add any conflicting Recipes in the first place, but now we will soon get double, triple, quadruple and quintuple Plates, which then would cause Conflicts, unless I make it even more complicated, if that was even possible.

Had 14 Automatic Recyclers (+2 overclock upgrades in each) in my Machinery Room.

Add Muffler Upgrades. Those Recyclers are quire noisy, especially when working fast.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I wonder if gregorius is gregarious.

I'd assume not. Unless there is a soft side underneath that hard, nukeproof outer shell of his.

@Greg, are we going to get storageblocks for the new ingot types? Also, will the new plates work on machines at some point (not the ones replacing the old ones, but the ones that are new entirely).

• Has Amber the same ItemID as the Quicksilver Blob and the Thaumium Ingot Item? And which MetaData/DamageValue does it have? I can make a quick fix for that by defaulting the Target to Thaumcraft, like I did with the Thaumium Ingot

From Thaumcraft config: I:ItemResource=25100
    On Minecraft, this becomes 25356:6.

Thanks alot.

• "DO NOT COME TO ME WITH THIS CRASH. YOU CAUSED IT YOURSELF, AND I TOLD YOU HOW TO FIX IT!!!"

I lol'd at this all

Also, you made Plastic come from processing Rubber? When you have a perfectly good, multi-output Distillation Tower?

GhostPlanet.tv - Streaming Anime (Claymore, Texhnolyze, Attack on Titan), recent Animated Shows (Archer), movies and major live action shows (Thrones, Spartacus).

The post was edited 1 time, last by PotatoSamurai ().

• Also, you made Plastic come from processing Rubber? When you have a perfectly good, multi-output Distillation Tower?

It is currentlyTM not Multi-Output enough for that.

From Thaumcraft config: I:ItemResource=25100
    On Minecraft, this becomes 25356:6.

Ahh that one was the Amber, good.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hello Greg and team.

Not sure if this is the right place but I was wondering what "2 Convenience Compressor Recipes." that you added to IC2 exp were.

Sorry if not the right place, \\

• Hello Greg and team.

Not sure if this is the right place but I was wondering what "2 Convenience Compressor Recipes." that you added to IC2 exp were.

Sorry if not the right place, \\

Wait, I will look into the IC² Git. Ahh it was making 9 tiny Uranium/Plutonium into the larger one (like the Crafting Recipe).

GregTech Website

• I'd rather have two machines for different purposes than one with that circuit thingy.

and i dont understand if you are with me or against me.

Yes I HAD a way

i thought on the regulator, since i can configure how many will be inserted. I can understand that in the future will be necessary, or not, as you said, you could just dont create such conflict, as i am kind of amazed, you wanted to spare the work on us, for going from step by step on those double and triple ingots.

but thanks to these new required circuit, my line of automation broke, again, i cant now just plate bending things after smelter, because smelter produce material faster than the bending do, so i end having dense plates, and advance regulator (where is the normal ones?) are game ending machines.Oh , what a sneaky change on Khantal.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• I was doing some research and realized that GregTech is a bit skiewed when it comes to smelting and the IBF.

A vanilla furnace can smelt Iron, meaning that it can achieve temperatures of AT LEAST 1808K. With that in mind, the following elements are solid at room temperature and can be smelted in a normal furnace: (Bold are elements which currently require the blast furnace)

Francium
    Cesium
    Gallium
    Rubidium
    Phosphorus
    Potassium
    Sodium
    Iodine
    Sulfur
    Indium
    Lithium
    Selenium
    Tin
    Bismuth
    Astatine
    Thallium
    Cadmium
    Lead
    Zinc
    Tellurium
    Antimony
    Neptunium
    Plutonium
    Magnesium
    Aluminium
    Radium
    Barium
    Strontium
    Cerium
    Arsenic
    Ytterbium
    Europium
    Calcium
    Lanthanum
    Praseodymium
    Germanium
    Silver
    Neodymium
    Promethium
    Gold
    Samarium
    Copper
    Uranium
    Americium
    Manganese
    Beryllium
    Gadolinium
    Terbium
    Silicon
    Dysprosium
    Nickel
    Holmium
    Cobalt
    Yttrium
    Erbium

In addition, the following alloys have melting points below 1800K and currently require a blast furnace:

Kanthal
    Stainless Steel
    Steel (yes, Steel has a lower melting point than Iron)

Of course it needs to be said that there is a LOT more to making Steel than just melting iron. I assume the same holds true for the alloys. If we assume that all materials must be molten in order to create an alloy, then Stainless, Nichrome and Kanthal should ALL be smeltable at 2000K and Tungsten should actually require around 3700K.

Following the spirit of GregTech I would like to suggest that the vanilla furnace be dis-allowed from smelting anything higher than Copper. This means the basic furnace is enough to create bronze. The bronze blast furnace can smelt up to Iron (including steel production). Even Electric furnaces should not be able to smelt past copper (including induction) unless upgraded with heating coils. If this attempt at realism is to be maintained, then the IBF temps would also have to be adjusted, but because of the jump between Chrome (for heating coils) and Tungsten (endgame material) I cannot find a progression that is both realistic and requires the same existing progression of Basic -> Reinforced -> Advanced -> Reinforced + Coils. All progressions I've found are Basic -> Reinforced -> Reinforced + Coils -> Advanced + Coils.

Sorry for the novel, hopefully this information is useful to Greg.

• @above: It is not the Temperature you use in the IBF, it is HOW it heats the Material. It heats the Ingot very quickly, as if it would "blast" it, and that is the Point of the IBF, not the melting Point.

I'd rather have two machines for different purposes than one with that circuit thingy.

So you wanna have 2 different Plate Benders for the exact same Purpose? That would have actually meant 6 or 7 NEW AND DIFFERENT Plate Benders in this Case, and I doubt anyone would like to have so many of them in his Workshop.

i thought on the regulator, since i can configure how many will be inserted.

You can do that, the Circuit inside the Recipe is optional as you have seen on your slightly screwed Setup. But luckyly I have added reverse Recipes for all the Plates inside the Furnace, so you could just insert the Circuit configured to 1 and place your Plates back into the Furnace to make them into the right Plates.

I can understand that in the future will be necessary, or not, as you said, you could just dont create such conflict, as i am kind of amazed, you wanted to spare the work on us, for going from step by step on those double and triple ingots.

It would have been much more work for you, if I would have added the Multi-Plates at the same time as the Circuit thing, as you wouldn't had the time to prepare for it, and you would have gotten far more than just one wrong Plate Type.

but thanks to these new required circuit, my line of automation broke, again, i cant now just plate bending things after smelter, because smelter produce material faster than the bending do, so i end having dense plates, and advance regulator (where is the normal ones?) are game ending machines.

With the Circuit you won't need the Regulator. The Circuit makes sure that only 1 Item is used. It is just a Recipe Selector.

Also if you wanna just insert one single Item, then you can use a Small Standard Buffer aswell, but again, with the Circuit you won't need it.

Oh, what a sneaky change on Khantal.

I changed something on Kanthal?!? Oh wait, you mean the Vacuum Freezing, right?

GregTech Website

• It is not the Temperature you use in the IBF, it is HOW it heats the Material. It heats the Ingot very quickly, as if it would "blast" it, and that is the Point of the IBF, not the melting Point.

Ah, I see, I was assuming blast had to do with the air blasting into the bottom of the Furnace. Out of curiosity, how did you decide the temperatures and times? Was it mostly game balance or do you have a background in metallurgy?

• Question: are bronze items like small coal boiler able to use buildcraft pipes? I had them working but then removed a pipe and tried to reattach... would not connect again. Acting really strangely. If not BC pipes, can I hook up bronze fluid pipes to an IC2 pump to get water to the coal boiler. Although... wont that take EU? Which I dont have in the bronze age?

Also ... are the granite textures supposed to be as dark as they are? They are so black I thought I found a hole in a cave, but it was granite. Could I just change the color of the texture myself in photoshop or something? I read awhile ago that when designing anything, nothing is really ever black. The article was saying that in real life, everything is gray, and talked about a painter that had 'blue shadows'. It was to show that although people felt a shadow would be black, it was only ever gray, or even had some color to it. The reason not to use true black when designing a webpage? Since we humans never really see something TRULY black, a black font just looks alien to us. Anyway it seems the granite is so close to black, it looks odd, no offense. Ill change it myself if i have to but thought id post feedback here, I assume feedback is welcomed?

Lastly... I downloaded the most recent gregtech but added it to the FTB DW20 pack (disabled lots of mods too). It has a gregtech message about upgrading IC2. Do I just drop in the new jar file and remove the old, then reboot my server?

EDIT: on the subject pages about about TE3 making a jetpack and cf sprayer... Lemming just said it a week or so ago on the FTB forums that if he 'added a quarry, a barrel' and some other htings, he would have a total conversion mod. Personally i think the guy just uses power creep to get people to play his mod. he plays dumb, but imo he knows exactly what he is doing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zorn ().