[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Lemming has quit modding because of jerks who didn't appreciate modders work (Sure, it may be "copied", but 99.999% of all inventions are anyway), like you, thus RF will eventually die.

So if I dont like his mod, he quits and Im the bad guy?

The reality is that on the ftb forums I just voiced my opinion on what i didnt like about thermal expansion. THat went over as if I walked into Iraq and said 'I dislike Allah'. it didnt matter how polite about it i was, people attacked me.

Lemming gave me a lot of bullshit answers. Like when he told me gregtech meant i was 'not playing the game, but letting the game play me' and then said, when i asked a genuine question on his idea of 'playing the game' that I should 'breed bees, or go exploring'. Right.

I think it was you or someone else here who said Lemming 'would never step on Ic2's toes and make that item' that was a copy of an IC2 one. And yet the new flux tools directly replace ic2 tools, and right now on multiple forums you can see people saying that Te3 and a couple other mods 'make ic2 irrelevant'. And those same people never seem to get all upset when gregtech is mentioned and someone clals it 'Grindcraft'.

The problem is not ALL the people playing the game. I can see why you would lump me into the crowd of people who are just rotten to modders, but as i said, i just voiced my opinion that conduits were less fun than conductive pipes, etc. and I got my ass creamed on the ftb forums for it.

And lastly... he said he was quitting months ago, people said he was going to be having a kid i think? Ive never heard him or anyone else say they were quitting due to flack from the community.

This thing has turned into a witch hunt.

• ok i have seen thrue the configs and cant find it, i am shure its there but it is far to many config options!!! so does anybody know where to find the config option for making the circuts not require red alloy and also making it possible to smelt sticky resin?

• Anything that stands on TE's feet will now get eaten by FTB. TE will come as the standard as FTB will keep it alive in the way we keep IC2 :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Anything that stands on TE's feet will now get eaten by FTB. TE will come as the standard as FTB will keep it alive in the way we keep IC2 :)

And then the same thing that happened to IC2 will happen to TE, and then a new mod will come along, and we can just say to TE "now you know how we feel".

• And then the same thing that happened to IC2 will happen to TE, and then a new mod will come along, and we can just say to TE "now you know how we feel".

No no no. The FTB community WANT Thermal Expansion. EnderIO for example, essentially did the same thing as TE2, but when TE3 came out, it was forgotten and made irrelevant. Anything new is going to be ignored and complained about.
    IC2 is fighting against TE as Buildcraft is against Extra Utilities. Buildcraft only has the filler left that isn't in Extra Utilites.
    1.7 will see change as mods like EnderIO will (probably) be ignored as TE becomes the central processing and moving. IC2 will survive simply as we push it to. It's not going to turn into Redpower, despite looking like it this time last year.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• No no no. The FTB community WANT Thermal Expansion. EnderIO for example, essentially did the same thing as TE2, but when TE3 came out, it was forgotten and made irrelevant. Anything new is going to be ignored and complained about.
    IC2 is fighting against TE as Buildcraft is against Extra Utilities. Buildcraft only has the filler left that isn't in Extra Utilites.
    1.7 will see change as mods like EnderIO will (probably) be ignored as TE becomes the central processing and moving. IC2 will survive simply as we push it to. It's not going to turn into Redpower, despite looking like it this time last year.

To be fair, they wanted IC2 too, but then IC2 changed.

• IC2 to, in a tutu?

Honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with ore-dict and unification. because with so many mods now "Effecting progession" in one way or another...

Look at RC, and how it in it's own way breaks Gtech progression into the steel age, by eliminating the need for the BBF off of one good run to the nether.

Now, It could be worked aorund if you may say.. Railcraft create "Dense" steel plates, so that gregtech dosen't somehow break progression on the, but make Greg's craftable into RC steel?

• About RC, still, you have two options, face the nether or go for the bronze age.
    While i like the nether and such, i prefer the bronze blast furnace. It is much more efficient fuel-wise and if well massed, can be much more efficient than an electric blast furnace.
    If you want to force players to bronze age, disable RC blast furnace crafting.

• you can make chain armor by using Steel Rings.

Anyway lots of mods thinks chain armor is made of steel.

I guess it's debatable. I'd say it's made of iron, since steel isn't in vanilla minecraft, but on the other hand, maybe that's the reason why chain isn't craftable in vanilla. Let's find someone wise to ask.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Another thing lemming once told me: "the steel and diamond recipes are for masochists" after I told him id love to have a way to make his mod harder. At the time i didn tknow about the config recipes, and I was discussing the idea iwth people on the ftb forums that mods being too easy was making people bored with the game.

So to me he just spat all over my idea of fun. But it seems you think I should revere him just for making a mod?

To me, with that comment, he was just piling on with the idiots on ftb that say stupid things like "I want a mod to do what it does and get out of my way so I can get on with more interesting projects."

And yet, if you ask them... not ONE OF THEM has ever told me what those projects are. And apparently it means setting up and AE system and shoving 100K iron in there, because that is mostly what I see people doing. Oh wait, Lemming did tell me once... I should breed bees. Gregtech is tedious but breeding bees is somehow epic gaming. Its all just spin and people lying to themselves to be able to use simple itemducts, simple ender quarries, simple machines that never blow up, but still appear to be proficient at the game.

These are the people who go online and get cheatcodes for a game and then go and brag to their friends that they finished it in a weekend.

• And yet, if you ask them... not ONE OF THEM has ever told me what those projects are. And apparently it means setting up and AE system and shoving 100K iron in there, because that is mostly what I see people doing. Oh wait, Lemming did tell me once... I should breed bees. Gregtech is tedious but breeding bees is somehow epic gaming. Its all just spin and people lying to themselves to be able to use simple itemducts, simple ender quarries, simple machines that never blow up, but still appear to be proficient at the game.

These are the people who go online and get cheatcodes for a game and then go and brag to their friends that they finished it in a weekend.

Or you have the people who:

• Like to have many different path.
    • Spend a limited time gaming.
    • Like grabbing some challenge but still have side band aid or short cuts.
    • Spend some time on big projects to build a nice maps/bases while in smaller communities.
    • Sometimes feels bored with mod authors rampant wars on who's right/best/truthful.
    • Feels like left behind with choices like yet ditching again their unfinished map because current version is now unsupported or stay balkanized with outdated mods.
    • Having fun with publicly antagonists mods, despite it look like some of mod authors or supporters feels emotionally hurt when you blaspheme mentioning using both together.

To sum it up, things are not black or white here.
    I have a dream.
    A community of modders and players with consideration and respect of each-other, with diversity and love.
    Everybody would benefit a more positive synergy if it was more than a dream.

• I say, as long as flowerchild is in the minecraft community, it will never be wholly positive.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Bug report: Machines box with transformers output less eu than it should, as i reported before, the machines box are not outputing the eu it should, to reproduce, place a machine box and give it two transformers, so it will be 512 eu/t , now make the machine box feed a msfu (just for fun) them feed the machine using a rtg with only two pellets (so you can see it store energy), it will only starting to send energy after building above 1k eu, but you can see that the msfu will only receive 128eu, a lower tier than it should, but the machine will blow any machine of lower voltage than 512.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Why the heck are you making references to IC2 source code from IC2 API?!!!

That has been in there for quite some builds now, I don't know why, already told Greg. Just make the class a stub and it's fine.

• So whenever I make HSLA steel, it gets converted into GregTech steel, which is okay. The problem is I can't use GT steel in RotaryCraft recipes. I've had a look through the configs but I'm all kind of new to the configs themselves. Could anyone direct me to which configs to look at? In Reikas I have Allow RC steel to be used in other mods=true but that's all I could find.

Thanks for your time.

• Use Gregtech's Unification.cfg to make it unify into HSLA.

Or, you could also disable Inventory Unification, which allows you to only Unify items that go into GT blocks.