[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I hate OSX just because of their lack of effort to make it easier for developers to develop and gamers to game. There coding language support is minimal so you can either not code or waste your time searching the corners of the internet to find some emulator that runs the code and compiles it but doesn't let you use the compiled version.

Rewrite minecraft in DOS ^^
    I did something similair ages ago, albeit it was only a simple platform and had an FPS of 1 :P

• Haha I love dealing with people on the FTB forums, every time Greg gets mentioned you have to brace yourself for random stupidity

And Sirus I have a feeling your Textures wouldnt work too well in that setting :P

• CF Sprayer and Obscurator? Make the cables look like any block :)

Shift+right-click some leaves, right click dried foam = Xray.

Found out I can spray GregTech pipes so they look some full block thing ;)

Thank for this discovery. Too bad I dislike having to rely on this ICE canning machine and IC2 have to machines named Canning Machine.

Too bad GT has not added a full craft path for this from stone maceration to CF Spray.

The only way I've found to craft stone dust with GregTech is by crafting GT Stone Gear and macerate these.

Well I won't complaint having some use for GregTech stone gears ;D

• Is this still a viable way to actually talk with Greg and report issues, or has this completely become a chatroom?
    I've been noticing a couple mods' crafting recipes specifically asking for IC2 plates and not accepting gregtech plates. Since all IC2 plates are automatically converted into Gregtech plates, does anybody know how to get around this issue? :/
    Currently unable to craft all Ic2 PowerConverters and a Magnetron from Gravisuite.
    Am I missing config files that would prevent this?

• Is this still a viable way to actually talk with Greg and report issues, or has this completely become a chatroom?
    I've been noticing a couple mods' crafting recipes specifically asking for IC2 plates and not accepting gregtech plates. Since all IC2 plates are automatically converted into Gregtech plates, does anybody know how to get around this issue? :/
    Currently unable to craft all Ic2 PowerConverters and a Magnetron from Gravisuite.
    Am I missing config files that would prevent this?

You have a few options:
    1) You can cheat in the ic2 plates, and then destroy the GT plates you made.
    2) You can bug the mod authors to use the ore dictionary in their crafting recipes.
    3) You can edit the GT unification config to have it unify to the IC2 plates instead of the GT plates.

• GregTech appears to be overwriting the recipe for Empty Cells from Atomic Science, making those cells uncraftable. This is a problem, as Atomic Sciences' stuff requires those particular cells for some of it's processing. GregTech cells can be used, but will output the GregTech version of, for example, tritium and deuterium, rather than Atomic Science's version, which again, Atomic Science seems to need. In this case, you're not encouraging/making compatibility, you're breaking it.

Is there any way to stop this recipe overwrite?

• Does anyone here use Miners? I was hoping to use them as a semi early game auto mining option vs a BC quarry. I increased the power cost of a quarry, and gt makes the recipe tougher, so I hoped people on my server would look at other ways to auto mine. And it worked... until we all realised the drill doesnt take steel, it takes stainless steel.

So now the MIner probably wont be used, and yet i think its a fantastic auto miner, because the size is restricted and it takes more setup to run it. Since it takes a blast furnace to make a miner or a quarry, I dont see people using miners over a quarry at all now.

No real point in posting this, other than maybe to find out the reasoning behind requiring stainless vs normal steel. Do most peoplehere just not install BC anymore, or is there some way to make miners attractive vs quarries that Im missing.

• GregTech appears to be overwriting the recipe for Empty Cells from Atomic Science, making those cells uncraftable. This is a problem, as Atomic Sciences' stuff requires those particular cells for some of it's processing. GregTech cells can be used, but will output the GregTech version of, for example, tritium and deuterium, rather than Atomic Science's version, which again, Atomic Science seems to need. In this case, you're not encouraging/making compatibility, you're breaking it.

Is there any way to stop this recipe overwrite?

Of course, change the material unification in the config, or disable it at all.

@above Protip: Macs are shit. Glorious PC Masterrace > all. Take a look at my beauty I am working on.

• Just made some messurements regarding water collection, since i recently turned infinite water off. Seems like drain covers collect about 1,6 mB/s during rain. Railcraft water tanks on the other hand collect about 10 mB/s during sunshine (plains biome).
    Anyone else playing with finite water?

• Just made some messurements regarding water collection, since i recently turned infinite water off. Seems like drain covers collect about 1,6 mB/s during rain. Railcraft water tanks on the other hand collect about 10 mB/s during sunshine (plains biome).
    Anyone else playing with finite water?

I just pump oceans empty. Fuck enviroment, who cares?

• @aka13: my PC is currently held together with duct tape, the graphics card doesn't even have a fan attached anymore, and the back-side wall of the tower isn't even on anymore. (Also, I bought the tower in 2003 :P )

And yet for whatever reason, that graphics card is currently a lower temperature than my hand...