[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Though that only works until Greg fixes the lossless battery charging to be more like real-world where majority of the energy is lost in the process.

Don't give him ideas, I'm already considering powering machines with batbox carts because of the cable loss.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

The post was edited 1 time, last by Backdraft ().

• Might be cool if we did a tradeoff with Greg. 1/4 as much power loss, but added electromigration. Some materials (like copper) would be largely unaffected, while others (like Silver) would decay each time a packet crosses, so that after, say, 32,000 packets it would become an 'old tin cable' and experience 2x the loss, then repeat with a 'worn tin cable' at 4x loss, and finally a 'ruined tin cable' with 8x (twice the current loss). After that it would just dissapear/break.

I know that Aluminium is rather susceptible to electromigration. Some quick research shows:
    Worst: Silver, Aluminium (1)
    Bad: Copper, Zinc, Lead (50)
    Average: Tin (250)
    Good: Iron, Nickel, Antimony (750+)
    Best: Gold, Palladium, Platinum (>5000)
    Totally immune: Cuprate-perovskite (A copper anion and CaTO3 alloy that is supercritical above 90K, used for superconductors.) If you want your head to explode, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonon for info. Alternatively, be hypnotised by the vibration modes gif. I figure just 'superconductor wire' in general would be the 'ultimate material for longevity, voltage, amperage, and losslessness'
    * = Depends on steel

Also, Greg, might I suggest some recipes for RL-superconductors?
    First are the two Copper Anion superconductors, tetrachlorocuprate, which gives a use for chlorine. CuCl4-2 (I imagine you could make CuCl4 and then put it into an electrolyzer to produce the negative charge)
    The other is YBa2CU3O7 which seems delightfully painful to make, appropriately for a lossless high-yield wire.
    There are also organocuprates ([Cu(CH3)2]-)

My vote goes for YBa2Cu3O7, as it would be a real pain to make, requiring rare Yttrium and Barium. I imagine it would take a decent smelter along with the chemical reactor, made into a wire and wire into a coil ala the blast furnace coil blocks, and one coil block inside some sort of sheathing and rubber finally makes one superconductor wire.

Edit: Fixed research a bit. Numbers indicate the frequency of electromigration compared to baseline (aluminium). Adding 2-3% copper to aluminium increases electromigration resistance by 50x or more. So this is my rough chart.

Would be neat to add a maintenance mechanic like this.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 2 times, last by axlegear ().

• Updated: Fixed some Bugs and added colored Tooltips. Hammers can now mine Rock based Blocks what instacrushes them as if you craft it. Since the Cauldron doesnt work in Multiplayer I added the possibility to use Water Blocks for the washing purpose.

Also added a Config to reenable the original Power Loss.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Updated: Fixed some Bugs and added colored Tooltips. Hammers can now mine Rock based Blocks what instacrushes them as if you craft it. Since the Cauldron doesnt work in Multiplayer I added the possibility to use Water Blocks for the washing purpose.

Yay!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Well the new cable losses are interesting.
    I like the option as always to swap between both modes :)

I really really like the colouring in tool tips. So easy to read things at a glance.

Edit: Is there any possibility that you may add a config option to remove tool recipes like the Vanilla Tools/IC2/Other or something in the dynamiconfig file so people can set only your tools to be craftable.
    Edit: Also any thought on Meta Armour similar to the tools?

• Wow, I didn't think you would lower it that much, but right now the higher the distance, the better it is to use higher voltage. And vice versa. Which is how it should work.

• Not sure about balance yet but suddenly my machines have kicked to life. So, bully! Now I can start expanding past the basic rubber extruder, bender, and ore washer and finish my blast furnace, make an assembly machine, etc. etc.

BTW, what's the recipe for basic and good circuits, if any? Anyone?

Quoted from "zorn":

• Is there a tl;dr on the cable loss for those of us still playing 1.6?

The default will be 1 eu lost per block, but the config can go back to the 'old way' which is... ?

• Greg,Add ITNT and nuke cart for IC or GT please,I like using TNT cart for some work but I hope ITNT cart is possible.
    the nuke cart suggestion is a joke but if possible please add them in.
    anybody could send a suggestion to Railcraft for adding a wooden ITNT cart?

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• Transformers only give 4 Amperes. Is there anyway to get 8 Amperes into a wire?

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• Run 2 of those transformers into 1 wire?

Well that's what I tried but I'm getting weird behaviour.

I was experimenting with a the maximum A a wire can take. From what I can tell, the total number of Amperes try to distribute themselves equally between all machines connected to the same line.

So I could do something like this:
    T 4 4 2 1
    . M M M M

[T transformer, M machine, 1 = 1x tin cable, 2= 2x, ...]

If a 3x tin cable did exist, I could do this:
    T 4 3 2 1
    . M M M M

I tried with 2 machines and this setup works:
    T 4 2
    . M M

This one does not; 1x cable burns up:
    T 4 1
    . M M

However when I tried this, the 4x and 2x cable burn up.:
    T 8
    T 8 8 8 4 2
    . . M M M M

If the total amperes did split up equally, the wire next to the first machine would receive 8. The next one 6, the one after that 4 and then 2. Meaning this setup should work if my theory is correct.

So, I was looking for a way to guarantee 8A of the exact same V into a 8x wire to try and see if this changes anything.

EDIT: the dot(.) is nothing. Its just to stop the forum from clearing the whitespace in front of the line

EDIT2: I also tried this one:
    T
    8 8 8 8 4 2
    T . M M M M

4x and 2x cables still burn up.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

The post was edited 11 times, last by black3agl3 ().

• So is the energy net from greg done or still WIP? and does it convert EU to Gregs Energy if I use an addon like compact windmills? I just looked in gregtech since weeks so I really like the new energy system but I a few infos would be nice in the FAQ :P

EDIT: so you can output to an mfsu but not from mfsu to yours? :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lefty ().

Also added a Config to reenable the original Power Loss.

Here's an idea: Smashing Coal Ore with a hammer in the world will give you the coal item, but doing it in a crafting table gives you the crushed ore. This would solve the problem that other mods depend on the coal item being easily accessible.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Here's an idea: Smashing Coal Ore with a hammer in the world will give you the coal item, but doing it in a crafting table gives you the crushed ore. This would solve the problem that other mods depend on the coal item being easily accessible.

Tiny coal ore already gives you the coal item drop I think 1/3 of the time.

• I think I found a bug? :D Aluminium dust to ingot recipe isn't there? :X

Aluminium requires an electric blast furnace, remember?

Quoted from "zorn":