[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• The problem is: a lot of servers are running on IAP model. And mojang want you to licence your sales, not to stop them.

• I wonder if there will be nuclear reactor that will be controlled and have mechanics like here: http://www.nuclearpowersimulator.com/

What was so bad about g+? Aside from the migration to it, which was borked for very few people, it works perfectly. g+ is far better than having multiple Accounts for the same Google.

And Youtube is not g+. Youtube just sucks at everything, those Comments were broken long time before g+ was even invented.

Youtube is so broken, I use it only for the Subscription Feature and the Watch-Later Playlist (I don't even use the Youtube embedded Flash Player), and even those break constantly. Maybe also for uploading things, but that is far in the future.

People want to use youtube only and not every NSA infested google services. It pissed me off, because i want youtube to be my only separate account.

The post was edited 1 time, last by cpy ().

• Uhhm what the fuck is going on with the EULA again? Youtube Videos are still monetizable accoring to Mojang (If the Content of the Videos has more than just Minecraft, such as a Commentary). It is just the profit from Servers which sell ingame shit (All Items/Blocks in the Game are properties of Mojang), what they want to stop. They just dont want people to make direct profits with Mojangs properties and that is okay.

Server Owners who rely on Donations are still allowed to receive those, just those Pay-To-Play Servers are forbidden.

Realms itself is just a Server Hoster who does the Hardware, one person (or a group of people) buys said Hardware for a period of time to let other people Play Minecraft, but the people who play it aren't allowed to be charged anything just to join it.

So what is wrong here? The good People aren't getting butchered by these Rules.

Edit: @above: Google isn't NSA infested, NSA is Google infested.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Why a bust against adf.ly though? It's not a get-rich-quick plan, and the user never pays anything.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• If you access adfly without adblock you risk getting Virusses from the Advertisement even if you don't click the Ads. That's why.

And if Pay-to-Play is still allowed then why the fuck are people complaining about that?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• In this case paying for something like diamons/plot of land/ visual perks etc.

Paying money to get plots, diamonds or items has always been against the EULA in MC and in pretty much every other multiplayer game in existence. Not to mention it's a shitty way to run a server anyway and world will loose nothing of value when scams like that go away.

Why a bust against adf.ly though? It's not a get-rich-quick plan, and the user never pays anything.

As said, it's a massive source of malware. Considering the intelligence level of your average MCForums user I'm almost certain most of them are part of several botnets because of that

And if Pay-to-Play is still allowed then why the fuck are people complaining about that?

People are stupid, don't read the EULA and those who have read it don't understand what is written there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by hoho ().

• People should try to program a game at least once to understand how unfair it feels when people makes money off your hard work using scammy methods and how important an EULA is, instead of being big mouthed fucks that yell for the sake of yelling and stirring drama.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

The post was edited 1 time, last by Backdraft ().

• Paying money to get diamonds or items has always been against the EULA in MC and in pretty much every other multiplayer game in existence. Not to mention it's a shitty way to run a server anyway and world will loose nothing of value when scams like that go away.

Unfortunately, most games are using this technique. Go on any smartphone app store and you will find many games using this IAP model - pretty much every EA game, some other games like Clash of Clans and some crappy Facebook games. For your average MC user with a fairly large pocket or a child with access to their parents' credit cards, any perks that allow them to become more competitive immediately attract them. This is especially common on some multiplayer war-type or competitive minigame. Usually these are intended to pay off server fees, but some people have expanded it for personal profit.

As said, it's a massive source of malware. Considering the intelligence level of your average MCForums user I'm almost certain most of them are part of several botnets because of that

There are also those stupid ads that block the SKIP button, and they are going in too fast than you can report them.

People are stupid, don't read the EULA and those who have read it don't understand what is written there.

Any slight change to Minecraft immediately fires up the community, especially MCForums. I recall some time ago there was a petition to change the porkchop and steak textures back and the person who started it threatened to quit Minecraft if Mojamg didn't change it back. This idiocy is partly why GregTech either wholly or partly becomes some form of toxicity in the domain of FTB and MCForums (especially anything to do with MFR or mDiyo).

• Unfortunately, most games are using this technique. Go on any smartphone app store and you will find many games using this IAP model - pretty much every EA game, some other games like Clash of Clans and some crappy Facebook games. For your average MC user with a fairly large pocket or a child with access to their parents' credit cards, any perks that allow them to become more competitive immediately attract them. This is especially common on some multiplayer war-type or competitive minigame. Usually these are intended to pay off server fees, but some people have expanded it for personal profit.

Yes, there are mountains of games with in-app stores selling all kinds of stuff. Difference is, these stores are run by the same guys who made the game in first place.

The model some MC servers use is basically as if someone would make a Q3A server and only allow people who pay to use rocket launchers. They are basically extorting players for money for the content they have bought from Mojang.

Also, clash of clans is BS. Castle Clash FTW :-P
    Though I know that it is sort-of P2W by giving people who have spent >1000$ in the in-game store a massively OP hero. Though it doesn't really bother me personally, I'm playing the game to have fun and I most certainly am having it even though I haven't spent a dime in there.

• I REALLY MISS WHEN WE WERE TALKING ABOUT GREGTECH

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• And if Pay-to-Play is still allowed then why the fuck are people complaining about that?

It's a bit complicated, but in the end the problem is: the ppl want all and for free.
    Pay-to-play model don't work at all. People won't pay for playing on servers unless it's a group of friends.
    Donation only model will only work if there is a group of friend that would keep server alive.
    Pay-to-win model works, coz 1% pays to own 99% and these 99% play for free.
    All others whine "we want good server wout pay-to-win with _insert mods/plugins etc here_" but then ppl tell them to start new server and pay for it themselves they back out, coz they also want it for free.
    If we close pay-to-win servers, ppl won't start making free servers so we would just lose half of servers.

• I just run a small, pay-for-nothing server. Donations? What're those?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.