[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I personally don't support eugenics. Preventing stupid people from breeding doesn't stop stupid people from being born. The kind of stupid where there are no neurological problems they are just ignorant is not hereditary. Preventing people from breeding on a mass scale is Nazi level shit and is also based on (sometimes racist sometimes ableist) pseudoscience.

The US education system and culture in general needs to be fixed for sure though.

• Greg, what should I answer to this crap:

Tell him to have fun making peoples startup loading much longer, I memory optimized the Handler so it doesn't eat that much CPU, since almost everyone has more than enough RAM but not enough CPU, and CPU Speed cannot easyly be fixed, while RAM can be fixed. Also it doesn't eat that much RAM.

Google translate really has a problem with german... xD

Let me Translate it for you:

bo
    no (<-- fixed typo)
    that is the OreDict Handler
    of Greg that is Shit (<-- with that actual fucked up Grammar)
    I will redo it
    so it doesnt eat that much RAM.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• he also claims to have multithreaded tileentity ticking. and forge multipart isnt working w/ it :D

• Well there are quite a few multithread setups that exist. And all have their problems. Look at tickthreading and umm robinthreads (off the top of my head)

If only minecraft was built in a way that had multithreaded ticks in mind from the ground up :P

• Well there are quite a few multithread setups that exist. And all have their problems. Look at tickthreading and umm robinthreads (off the top of my head)

If only minecraft was built in a way that had multithreaded ticks in mind from the ground up :P

I did a few short experiments with a server-side tick multithreading mod. What was hilarious was that it actually *increased* server lag so dramatically that I shut down the server and removed it after 10 minutes.
    (edit: The server was holding 18-20TPS, and after I added the mod it started holding somewhere around 6, with hilariously massive block break glitches.)
    (edit 2: i need a better word than 'hilarious')

• Like I said, they have their problems. I remember a few versions of tickthreading back in 1.4.7 were quite successful.
    Edit: and all versions in 1.6.x and most of 1.5.x not very successfull.

Its a stupidly huge undertaking.

Edit2:

Comical
    Amusing
    Entertaining
    Humorous
    Merry
    Witty

You could try some of these words out.

• we already tried that (considering general oredict problems)
    Skyboy declined, he sees it as a protest. >.>

Looking at current code in git it seems like he only adds leather boots to oredict under that name so slowdowns should be gone at least.

I personally don't support eugenics. Preventing stupid people from breeding doesn't stop stupid people from being born.

People don't generally born stupid, they are taught it by other stupid people. It's a vicious circle.

• Why do we need a palladium?

To insert into your blood stream, of course.

Greg, is there a reason why Centrifuges only have a _Front texture? Do you only want it on the front, or is there special code for the centrifuge to add it to all sides?

• Not sure if that is against the EULA, it is just not friendly at all.

Update: Added the old NEI Plugin, meaning all the old Machines have their Recipes in NEI. I didn't add it for the really new Machines for now. Added the TFC Alloys and Bismuth to my Materials. Most require a Blast Furnace to be made. Also fixed Sounds.

Great! Such nightmare for a newbie without any craft guide.

• Greg,what do you think about this?
    In China most of server owners think the Industrial Centrifuge can lag and crash the server then ban this machine form GT add this machine to now,making GT barely unplayable.And it's no way to explain it to the server owner and operators.
    And because of the banned Industrial Centrifuge has been placed and crafted,players get banned because they used the server banned item/blocks that against the server rules

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

The post was edited 1 time, last by SinusoidalC ().

• Greg,what do you think about this?
    In China most of server owners think the Industrial Centrifuge can lag and crash the server then ban this machine form GT add this machine to now,making GT barely unplayable.And it's no way to explain it to the server owner and operators.
    And because of the banned Industrial Centrifuge has been placed and crafted,players get banned because they used the server banned item/blocks that against the server rules

Sounds like 'most Chinese server owners' are idiots who don't know what they're doing. You shouldn't patronize them if they lack basic knowledge.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Sounds like 'most Chinese server owners' are idiots who don't know what they're doing. You shouldn't patronize them if they lack basic knowledge.

yes,sometimes they do lots of stupid things with no reason.same as ban things for the server.I won't join the server like that.But I wanna to know how Greg thinks about such of this.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• yes,sometimes they do lots of stupid things with no reason.same as ban things for the server.

Then you don't use them. Simple as that.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• he also claims to have multithreaded tileentity ticking. and forge multipart isnt working w/ it :D

Well there are quite a few multithread setups that exist. And all have their problems. Look at tickthreading and umm robinthreads (off the top of my head)

I did a few short experiments with a server-side tick multithreading mod. What was hilarious was that it actually *increased* server lag so dramatically that I shut down the server and removed it after 10 minutes.
    (edit: The server was holding 18-20TPS, and after I added the mod it started holding somewhere around 6, with hilariously massive block break glitches.)
    (edit 2: i need a better word than 'hilarious')

In all honesty (and yea, we did try this on SkyServers FTB), trying to thread ticking is simply impossible, you would have to completely re-design the entire pipeline as to reduce thread collisions and races, variable corruption, etc, even then, none of the mods out there have been coded thread-safe.

essentially the reason why in my mod I was going to have a 'compute system' in the coremod that ticks objects of its own accord, these objects are then required to be thread-safe and of course have no rendering or interaction with the actual world, this has to be done in their parent tileentities/entities, doesn't seem like much but would allow me to make machines with complex code (eg; realistic reactor and steam logic, pathfinding) and have it scale across other CPU threads/cores and not just flood the main ticker thread. Ive done this with particles in a game me and a friend made in a couple weeks so I know exactly how to do it (and already have half the code done), whether or not Ill eventually get this mod something suitable for release is another story though...

a q.note for greg (if he wants to answer/reads this), would you be interested in a system like this? while I don't see any of your current machines taking much tick time at all it could mean something for other things...

• while I don't see any of your current machines taking much tick time at all it could mean something for other things...

As you said, I don't use that much Tick Time at all. But Tick Threading can be dangerous if the Machine somehow interacts with the World, that is why it isn't recommended at all to use it.

Greg,what do you think about this?

Isn't the Game unplayable without the Centrifuges? Also did they at least look at what in particular is causing the Problem? Because it happens only to Centrifuges/Electrolyzers, which have half the Recipe stored inside them. If they have the primary Slot emptied (secondary can be full of Cells) and only full Recipes being inserted into that Slot (with all the Cells it needs) they don't lag at all.

And if they are in 1.7 already, then they are just retarded, because that bug was fixed in 1.7 and they didn't even try to look if the Problem was still there.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I used ("sacrificed") some of my grey cells thinking how to adapt that nuclear simulator, and make a IC2/GT nuclear reactor that would be FUN to run.

That nuclear simulator gives players problem to solve which would not exist in MC world, because if we lack in anything we can just make more of it. So, design has to give players choices with good and bad outcomes (it's a game and it is supposed to be PLAYED).
    Since I already redesigned IC2 reactor to achieve it's original goal which was a "minigame" power generator, I decided to use that design and merge it with that nuclear simulator. (Madman's reactor my old idea)
    Quickly though I found a little problem. We do not have a proper "coolant" in Minecraft. Since we want our nuclear reactor to be a system of multiblock structures, we need something that would not immediately cool thing down. We need a thing that would "carry" "heat" from one place to the other (heat from reactor core to the boiler).
    Now, we can not use forge fluids, because they do not carry information like "heat" (no idea if that is true). So, maybe we could somehow adapt EU api to do it?
    So, we need a coolant API that would allow it to flow through a pipe at "adjustable speed" (so we can control the flow of coolant) and carrying a "charge" (heat in our care).
    So how would this thing even work?
    Step by step.
    First we need reactor chamber, a core of our multi multiblock system. We put fuel rods there, we turn it on, they start to react and we are getting heat. Or rather, chamber is taking heat. Soon that heat is too much for chamber to hold together and we want to "move" that heat somewhere else. to be more precise, to the boiler.
    And this is where we use our "coolant". So, we make a loop. Reactor chamber -> boiler -> excess heat dissolver -> coolant tank -> pump -> reactor chamber.
    I would like all of those things to use IC2 reactor heat exchanger components. So in reality it works like this. In reactor chamber heat exchangers move heat from chamber to coolant. The slower coolant flow, the more heat it'll receive from chamber.
    Than at the boiler heat exchangers move heat from coolant to boiler. If the coolant is still too hot after visiting boiler it can boo cooled down at emergency heat dissolver and get back through pump to the loop. Coolant tank is there to replenish any lost coolant from loop.
    Now, because it always take time to heat something up, or cool something down. In order to get our boiler to make more steam and our fuel to be more efficient, we want to keep our coolant in the loop very hot. After all, the hotter it is, the more efficient our system is. But that temperature comes with danger.
    It makes components to fail. Pretty much all of the reactor system parts have heat toleration and can fail in some way when exposed to that heat for period of time. Se, one main loop with coolant would not be enough. To make this reactor work efficiently and still be prepared for any "mechanical parts malfunction" you would need to make more coolant loops. That would be turned on and off at emergency.
    So this is my quick from the head suggestion for GT specific nuclear reactor.