[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• What with all the chatter about TFC and COG, I think we're all getting distracted from the real problem at hand: SpwnX's cat picture changed

Who are you and what have you done with the real SpwnX?

it's the cat avatar picture doppelgangers we need to DO something?

• Greg!

<asie> if GregoriousT wants to make digital chests networkable across servers, go contact me
    <asie> haha
    <asie> EnderNet 2 has a proper API
    <SpwnX> once he reimplements those
    <SpwnX> i miss the quantum chest
    <SpwnX> and quantum tank

Endernetworkable stuff would be awesome. Kirara approves.

• How i can repair the Blast Furnace with Duct Tape. I not have MV Voltage Machines for making Duct Tape. I need Aluminium for all MV Machines. It is possible to make Duct Tape Craftable without any machine or with an LV Assembler: Otherwise i have to make it with Minetweaker craftable.

Read the Q/A, I recently updated it.

For the Moment until we have a soldering Tool I make Duct Tape with Minetweaker craftable.

Let's Greg other mods!

Please don't, that one is gonna break the balance.

This is what I am concerned about.

Don't worry, you have nothing to concern about. There is a definite answer to that Question:

Your World will be more Poof, than the one which got killed by 1.7. Not only, that 1.8 changed the ID System again making non-vanilla Worlds unlikely to update properly, but also because of the fact, that either GT doesn't update to 1.8.1+ (unlikely that I don't update unless Textures and Models are REALLY fucked up in the final Forge), or GT updates to 1.8.1+ and all Blocks and Items get reworked on my Side again, since it is the perfect moment to do things like that (and that will happen no matter what).

Note that I said 1.8.1+, meaning if Mojang doesn't do the promised Update to fix the laggyness of 1.8.0, I am not gonna update to any 1.8 at all and wait for 1.9, or knowing Microsoft AND Mojang we skip the 9 and go directly to 1.10, like they did last time with Beta-1.8.1 over the 1.9 Snapshots to 1.0, or like they did with Windows 10.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Random suggestion because i couldnt take things from certain slots:

Can we have an option on the robot arm (or something) so we can have it take items from slot X from a block?

Like import a depleted cell from slot 13 from a nuclear reactor (with GT only). If we can do that already, tell me how!

• Have you ever tried the Cover Called "Robot Arm"? I think that one does EXACTLY what you want.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Have you ever tried the Cover Called "Robot Arm"? I think that one does EXACTLY what you want.

I managed to insert stuff in slot X. Now to pull that didnt work or i did something wrong.

Well, at least i managed to get a bug report to TC

• Try to screwdrive the bottom half of the Cover instead of the top half for sucking Items.

Also if you just want to take all depleted Cells, how about a Filter with an Import Cover on it? That way all empty Cells get removed, and if you dont leave any space for other Stuff you don't even need a Robot Arm or Regulator to insert the replacement Cells.

Also it is indeed a TC Bug if you can insert the Staffs using Automation, since my Stuff respects ISidedInventory.

GregTech Website

• A visual indicator like the wrench one would help i guess.

Edit: Just confirmed. Robot arm does not allow you to pull item from slot X of a block.
    Instead it pulls from the default slots and tries to insert on the slot X of the block it is attached to (which in this case it cant be a reactor or another mod block).

• I hadn't noticed; I wasn't reading names, just seeing the pictures, so that wasn't SpwnX in my head.

As to fixing the nether for TFC: Bioxx, the main dev, said, "If/when I get bored and want to do something I'll fix it." "The nether isn't necessary for TFC [by itself]."

You people have got me interested to try COG to get the GT ores in place, now. COG does templatey-scripty files that configure it like Minetweaker, right? Anyone have enough experience with all three of these mods to build one? I don't.

Well you can use the Gregtech worldgeneration config for now as neither do i have any experience whit two of those.
    Gregtech's works by putting the B:Overworld_false=false to B:Overworld_false=true in all Ores in the Gregtech config for worldgeneration.
    It also happens to be that BC and AE2 don't crash and work whit TFC wich was nice to see but still would suggest if trying to play whit those disabling alot of things in the configs as well.

• I wanted to ask about Ferru and Aurelia. They used to work with vanilla ore several updates ago, but they haven't been working at all for some time.

Who's to be blamed? Greg or IC2?

• Why gregtech require IC2? It does not use anything from IC2...

Well it's still needed for API (i dont know if Gregtech needs it but it is made from a basic addon to a big mod so i think it would be litte bit difficult to make it a standalone mod because of the code) and rubber trees (other orediction rubbers are available).
    And some little tweaks and mechanics

• The onions thing is an in-joke. Speaking of which, can IC2 cropsticks be placed on TFC's tilled dirt? Probably not, so you won't even be able to obtain GT onions when playing with TFC.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• The onions thing is an in-joke. Speaking of which, can IC2 cropsticks be placed on TFC's tilled dirt? Probably not, so you won't even be able to obtain GT onions when playing with TFC.

It's not like GT has an onion crop to begin with. The only way to get onions is from another mod that adds cropOnion. Maybe Harvestcraft.

Yeah i understand that its a joke but i really do hate onions and about those ic2 cropsticks you can't put them on TFC dirt farmalnd but you can create vanilla dirt from bio caff in a macerator AKA the cheaty way but how are you going to get seeds anyway?

• Well it's still needed for API (i dont know if Gregtech needs it but it is made from a basic addon to a big mod so i think it would be litte bit difficult to make it a standalone mod because of the code) and rubber trees (other orediction rubbers are available).
    And some little tweaks and mechanics

Esssh... that would require a re-write of the mod itself to make it it's own mod not dependent on any other mod. Granted I'm sure Greg could do it if he wanted to do it. Of course if he did that I think he'd still be using API's from other mods just so there would be cross-compatibility an all that. Hell you need to use API's if you wanna use the energy systems from IC2 or some other mod that has an energy system.