[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Not with Gregtech it isn't! *Munches down on Mc Double Burger Queen Burgers and potato chips* Deep fried, mystery meat goodness.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Quick dumb question, what tool (if any) is used to pick up pipes?

Wrench
    (May be Saw for wooden pipes though)

Is it possible to get machines to output energy like in the older version? I wanna get my blend-o-matic to send energy to the washer. Can't find any info on it.

The GUI button from the old versions should still be there and function; it looks like a lightning bolt and, when pressed, causes the machine to attempt to output 1A at its standard voltage to the side where it would try to output items.

• Wrench
    (May be Saw for wooden pipes though)

The GUI button from the old versions should still be there and function; it looks like a lightning bolt and, when pressed, causes the machine to attempt to output 1A at its standard voltage to the side where it would try to output items.

No there's an icon in the bottom middle of the GUI that looks like it. But it's not a button and does nothing. I shame really. It makes for more compact solutions

• And one question from me for guys using GT with GC:
    Do you keep conversion ratio of EU and GC energy on default, or you put that constant in favor of GT energy creation, possibly lowering overall GC generators energy gain?

• intended or bug?

To create a good electronic circuit, I need some molten tin in the assembler. I have that molten tin, but I cannot put it in the assembler inventory with universal fluid cell. Note that I can do it with different machine inventories. Is pumping in the only way?

I pumped it in, but now I have too much tin in the assembler. And I cannot take it out with Universal Fluid Cell also. Placing pumps everywhere is quite inconvinient. Hopefully that is a bug and can be fixed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by monokei ().

• Pumping only. Also about your EBF there is internal losses on the transformer so that could be the case.

thanks for answering.
    also about the EBF - that never happened before with the same setup. Also, one of the transformers keeps the energy hatch at constant max, (so the internal transformer loss is not affecting it) while the other 3 transformers keep the other 3 hatches almost completely empty at all times. But it runs already few hours, I don't know...

EDIT: I can't pump out the molten tin from the assembler from any of the sides... pumping from other machines works good

The post was edited 1 time, last by monokei ().

• How exactly does randomweight work with the GT ores?

If I had 10 ores at randomweight of 10, and 1 ore of random weight of 100, does that mean that the second ore vein will spawn 50% of the time? (you add up all the weights for a total of 200, and to get the percentage chance for that vein to spawn, divide an individual ores 'weight' by the total?)

If it works this way, can I make that last ore from height 250-255, so that it forces a vein to spawn in air, effectivly making a null vein and no gt ores in that area?

Blockmaster and I are trying to make veins spawn at 25% of the default rate. It doesn't seem to be working, we still have veins occuring fairly frequently.

We have one custom ore that spawns from 254 -255, with a randomweight of 240, trying to have this vein spawn in an impossible area, and thereby making veins rare. But its hard to understand what randomweight really means. Is my guess above correct?

I am guessing that if all the randomweight values for all ores are say, 500, then we would need to put our 'ghost' vein at a random weight of 2000 to get gt veins to spawn at 25% frequency?

• All OW weights together sum about 1700. So to reduce ores to 25% would need 5100 weight on your custom.

Also some veins are already stupidly rare (platinum and molybdenum weight of 5 that translates to 0.3%)

• I see your point. So basically we could move the weights around however we wanted, and then put the custom weight at triple the total for all the ores, to get a 25% frequency?

Right now its at 240, so we are basically spawning gt ores at 86% frequency or so if I am understanding this correctly.

• intended or bug?

To create a good electronic circuit, I need some molten tin in the assembler. I have that molten tin, but I cannot put it in the assembler inventory with universal fluid cell. Note that I can do it with different machine inventories. Is pumping in the only way?

I pumped it in, but now I have too much tin in the assembler. And I cannot take it out with Universal Fluid Cell also. Placing pumps everywhere is quite inconvinient. Hopefully that is a bug and can be fixed.

I break the dusts down into smaller pieces, so i can assemble the circuits and still leave the machine empty when im done, its a pain, but it does mean i dont have to keep destroying the machine to get it to work afterwards :P

on the subject of EBF's: If i have a medium voltage energy hatch, do i only need to supply one amp ? or do i need two? (its taken me forever to get this thing going, so obviously the last thing i wanna do is blow it up)
    Secondly, can i supply those amps directly with LV turbines routed through an MV buffer? (or will my four LV turbines blow up the MV buffer if it dosnt contain four batteries?)

I'm scatterbrained, i work well alone and i don't, i always have some grandiose, huge project to build in minecraft that i NEVER finish (to this date i have NEVER finished an entire project on a world)
    I constantly bite off more than i can chew with a new project, change my mind, change the idea ... tear it all down and start again! (the core of the project remains the same) or the pack stops updating!
    Captain Tyriael_Soban - XO, Sanctuary Project.

• Was doing some testing with boilers to find out about what there output is and here is what I found.

Bronze Boiler 33,333 L/s 33.3 Buckets/s
    Steel Boiler 50,000 L/s 50 Buckets/s
    Titanium Boiler 66.666 L/s 66.6 Buckets/s
    Tungsten Steel Boiler 83,333 L/s 83.3 Buckets/s

The only thing I wounder about is why Tungsten is so different from the pattern of the other boilers.

NOTE: Thees are estimates based timing the boiler based on max efficiency from debug tool and how long it takes to fill up 1K Bucket tank with steam with the highest tier output hatch and AE extra cells addon for the tank.

• I see your point. So basically we could move the weights around however we wanted, and then put the custom weight at triple the total for all the ores, to get a 25% frequency?

Right now its at 240, so we are basically spawning gt ores at 86% frequency or so if I am understanding this correctly.

If i did not fail to understand weights, yes.
    Also you may want to make sure of the weights, check your config put them in a spreadsheet, add them up and then set the custom based on it.

The output rates are:
    800 mB/t for the bronze boiler
    1200 mB/t for the steel boiler
    1600 mB/t for the titanium boiler
    2000 mB/t for the tungstensteel boiler

• The output rates are:
    800 mB/t for the bronze boiler
    1200 mB/t for the steel boiler
    1600 mB/t for the titanium boiler
    2000 mB/t for the tungstensteel boiler

in terms of GT pipes, what are the mb/t rates for them? how do you calculate it?

• i cant use NEI, it crashes my wonderful modpack... so where are the GT recipes? from last version 1.6 i use to use a japanese site because nobody posted them on the internet, witch i find amazing... anyway gimme the recipes for GT 1.7.10 someone plz, i will upload them all if needed... really i cant craft nothing here i cant find the recipes online... im trying to craft a mortar for christ sacred lol

• i cant use NEI, it crashes my wonderful modpack... so where are the GT recipes? from last version 1.6 i use to use a japanese site because nobody posted them on the internet, witch i find amazing... anyway gimme the recipes for GT 1.7.10 someone plz, i will upload them all if needed... really i cant craft nothing here i cant find the recipes online... im trying to craft a mortar for christ sacred lol

What that bad you have in modpack that this basic mod crashes you? And are you sure that it is NEI and not anything else?

• I have saved pictures of the 3 graphs and the ore values table from that wiki. I can upload them somewhere. The question is, where should they be uploaded?

Does anyone have this picture in full resolution? Palisight have no idea how to upload it on web and i could use this picture. Thanks!