[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• For Faster mining i suggest: Extra Utillites Quarry with Speed Upgrades, Quarry Plus with Efficiency 5 and both of them are boosted with an inventory full of The Clocks from Project E, which increase the tickrate. And the time can be narrowed to a week IRL

• have somebody ever found a platinum vein?

interesting calculations thanks for good read

Yes a friend of mine who is playing on our server did find one yesterday or the day before, he was searching for something with the random weight 40 I believe and then he said I can find something with the lowest randomweight of 5 but not with 40... we laught pretty hard at this :D
    why did you want to know? thought it did't spawn? or just curious?

• For Faster mining i suggest: Extra Utillites Quarry with Speed Upgrades, Quarry Plus with Efficiency 5 and both of them are boosted with an inventory full of The Clocks from Project E, which increase the tickrate. And the time can be narrowed to a week IRL

I use the BC quarry because most people know how fast it is.

In the pack I'm playing getting the ender quarry with upgrades is going to take a long time :). Now I'm really glad we set it up that way.

• there is this mod called Scenter, which scans a specified area for specified blocks (can add custom blocks via config).
    more info here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…er-3-2-0-scent-out-hidden

Can somebody tell me, why this works for all the blocks except for GT ores?
    you can add GT ores to the scenter detection list easily, but the scenter just doesn't detect them. I can stand next to the aluminium ore i.e., and the scenter shows that there are none nearby.

• I think it is OK that they are not detectable. Just do your hand mining

I don't have that much time :( giving the ores myself through NEI feels too cheaty, while this mod would give me the perfect feeling of 'not that guilty' because I would actually have to take the effort and go down and mine.

• My math is rusty, but jsut a random piece of info that might be helpful to people trying to customize GT ore gen:

The randomweight number in the config file works out to about how many of those veins will spawn in a 2000 x 2000 block area.

This assumes that no custom veins have been defined for generation, and that you haven't significantly changed the weights of any other veins in the config. As has probably been brought up in the past, in order to get the actual chance for a given vein to generate, you need to take the total weight of all veins added together, and use that as the divisor for any given vein you want to find.

Yes a friend of mine who is playing on our server did find one yesterday or the day before, he was searching for something with the random weight 40 I believe and then he said I can find something with the lowest randomweight of 5 but not with 40... we laught pretty hard at this :D
    why did you want to know? thought it did't spawn? or just curious?

I found one back in one of my 1.7.2 worlds. The Palladium was really nice to have (because Palladium is a significantly better tool material than Iron), but the Iridium in the vein just felt awkward because I hadn't even found two whole Diamonds yet.

• an idea came out from heph's stream was what about "Machine Wear & Tear" ? that'd require maintenance, and certain materials do more wear against a machine depending on their difficulty, and either it Stops working (breaks) or looses alot of efficiency/power costs go up when it reaches it's limit?

• an idea came out from heph's stream was what about "Machine Wear & Tear" ? that'd require maintenance, and certain materials do more wear against a machine depending on their difficulty, and either it Stops working (breaks) or looses alot of efficiency/power costs go up when it reaches it's limit?

We have this for multiblock machines :)

• Tippity tip to monokei: Get an OV scanner and use it. I wish I knew its exact scan range though.

Only valid if that chunk of code from a couple weeks ago that adds GT ores to the IC2 miner registry is active, which it isn't in most cases (for example, if you're not on kirara).

Tip that would actually work: GT Hard Hammers (made out of metal, not rubber/wood/plastic), when right-clicking on a Stone block, scan a random selection of blocks behind them and tell you if anything interesting is detected. (This does consume 100 Durability from the hammer, but even on an iron hammer that's still 256 prospecting actions.)
    Possible detections (iirc):
    -Air Pocket (cave)
    -Water
    -Material is Changing (from stone to dirt, gravel, or Granite)
    -Ore

Hammer prospecting isn't going to be 100% reliable, but if there is a major ore vein it will more likely than not get detected.

• This assumes that no custom veins have been defined for generation, and that you haven't significantly changed the weights of any other veins in the config. As has probably been brought up in the past, in order to get the actual chance for a given vein to generate, you need to take the total weight of all veins added together, and use that as the divisor for any given vein you want to find.

Yes this would be with default settings, no custom ores, and default weights. I made a spreadsheet that would automatically calculate the % chance for each vein, so it would recalculate each one when we tried using a new weight on one vein. Increasing the weight of Platinum decreases the other veins a tiny bit, etc.

The real issue is that many of the most common veins spawn above y64, so even with default GT settings, you will get veins that attempt to spawn in the air (if i understand how vein generation works correctly).

• Was wondering why greg didn't implement this, maybe he doesn't want you to find ores easier? Thats the only reason I can think of