[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I was also getting some awful lag with both. Never could figure out why. Custom Ore Gen alone without PFAA gave me similar results. Too bad cause its gen is amazing.

I tried turning all instance of blueTopaz I could in unification and it still unifies. Any idea ?

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Arch ().

• You have to set only one (the blueTopaz of the mod you want) to true, or you may have problems.

That is this "B:gemBlueTopaz_false=true" below the "modname" { "oredict entries here" }

• I have very few mods generating ores besides GregTech. Like AM2. The only other mod that generates Blue Topaz. Ijust disabled the screw version, the ring version, etc...

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Well, after a bit of talking on IRC, i've realized one really useful block from GT4 that we're missing. The electric workbench, that had internal buffer and tool slots for optimized crafting.

So, my suggestion this time is to re-add it, but tiered as usual of GT5. Allow charging of electric tools and items in the tool slots.
    LV version would have 16 buffer slots and 5 tool slots (the same as GT4).
    MV version would have 24 buffer slots and 7 tool slots.
    HV version would have 32 buffer slots and 9 tool slots.
    EV version would have 48 buffer slots and 12 tool slots.
    IV version would have 64 buffer slots and 15 tool slots.

• PFAA does make the worldgen even more intensive, but this is a smoothed a bit if you install fastcraft on the server.

Fastcraft IS installed. With or without makes no discernable difference whatsoever.

Disabling Gas, Oil, Water, and Lava (a 100% fluid free world) has almost identical lag spikes.

Yet again, as said, removing COG+PFAA and the server is lag free. Add them, and it just keeps spiking out of control (even causing player timeouts at times!)

CPU usage remains <10% at all times.

Next theory?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• The full modlist:

Forge 10.13.2.1230/MC 1.7.10PFAA 0.2.18, IC2 9.3.3.0, COG 1.2.13, GT 5.06.03, Buildcraft 6.0.18, Chisel 1.5.7, Jabba 1.1.4, EnchantingPlus 3.0.2-d, EnderStorage 1.4.5.24, Ironchest 6.0.62.742, NEIaddons 1.12.3.11, NEIPlugins 1.1.0.11, ChickenChunks 1.3.4.14, Carpenter's Blocks 3.3.0.1, CodeChickenCore 1.0.4.29, NEI 1.0.3.64, bdlib 1.5.0.31, gendustry 1.4.0.41, bibliocraft 1.8.2, mobiuscore 1.2.3, Opis 1.2.3, IHL Tools n Machines 0.515, Railcraft 9.3.3.0, Greg's Lighting 1.11.0, Morpheus 1.5.18, extrautilities 1.1.0i

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• No. (Not that the world had any fluids anyway, as stated. I removed ALL fluids to see if it affected lag.... nope.)

Quoted from "zorn":

• AHA! My endless playing all day (jeez, sometimes I think I oughta get paid for admining a server..) has revealed some patterns.
    Certain geomes are more laggy than others (exponentially so), such as rivers for sure. So I began analyzing why some rivers lag more than others.. and I have a finding. I have 'forced' a more constant lag by finding a river with garnet sand in abundance. From what I can tell, it seems that PFAA/GOC is re-genning the 'ore content' (nuggets of gold, silver, etc.) in the mineral sands over, and over, and over, endlessly. Probing with a combo of NEI, WAILA, Opis, and some homebrew block analysis shows that it does appear to have a rather rapidly randomizing number. Removing these sands gradually brought the lagspikes down, and clearing completely all PFAA ores from the loaded chunks both brought lag to extinction.
    In other words, these sands (and presumeably any similar ore that can drop nuggets or the like) is using some sort of randomizer function.. and this function seems to keep randomizing constantly, causing an enormous amount of code latency or something.

To put the severity in perspective, I was getting lag spikes of 2000-5600ms every few seconds (over 30 mins, the average tick-time counting spikes came out to 67.3ms). Once I removed around 40 garnet sands from the area, the lag spikes dropped to 700-1200, and average tick time dropped to a dramatically lower 19.8ms- playable.

Quoted from "zorn":

• I've been bloody trying to, but the forum keeps eating my posts for no apparent reason. they post then, about five minutes later? Gone. No message, nothing.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Nice, although doesnt show all possible routes :P (ore washing, thermal centrifuge and blast furnace)

Yeah, too lazy to do this. I just made the most useful\resource friendly route as i see it.

• I find that unless looking for specific resources, chemical bath will yield only a few useful things (usually gold. >=/) and centrifuging will give the best results for variety and usefulness.

Quoted from "zorn":