[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• [quote='PaladinOne','index.php?page=Thread&postID=177402#post177402']Calm down and give us a screenshot of your setup.
    Also have you tried Calm down and give us a screenshot of your setup.
    Also have you tried the wiki?

Edit: Seriously, this is my 1000th post? I was hoping for something much more pointless.I got it. The 9x battery buffers either don't put out enough amps to keep up or they function differently when directly connected to the energy hatch rather than using the cable as an intermediary.

• Yeah... I tried removing EIO and it still did it.
    gerg pls

Sorry for bombing the thread but I am rather interested in what mods you all have installed. For me it would seem to be 100% on EnderIO. I have went through 100+ mods in and out and the only one that seems to effect it is EnderIO 2.2.5.311 .

• I got it. The 9x battery buffers either don't put out enough amps to keep up or they function differently when directly connected to the energy hatch rather than using the cable as an intermediary.

9x vs 16x Battery Buffers would make no difference in this case, as each Input Hatch can only accept 2 or 3 Amps (need to double check which it's 2), and the largest amount of energy you would require would be 5 Amps total.
    Unless you were working with an un-maintained EBF in which case you could use all the energy you want and it would still probably not work

• I had a similar issue, my understanding from the wiki was basic EBF smelting would be 3x LV hatches with 3x single buffers butted right up to them. Which didn't seem to work, it would start and then stop. After much annoyance and tinkering in my creative world, I put 2x 4 buffers instead of 3 single and it worked. With no maintenance issues, the wiki makes no mention of what size buffers are needed to use and my (obviously incorrect) assumption that 3 singles would suffice is probably one that others have made too. Unless adding in cable is the proper way? :S

I must say though, I'd not looked at GT5 until about a week ago and daaaamn... I cannot wait until the later-game stuff gets added back in cause judging by the overall improvements thus far it will be epic. Never thought I'd ever want for copper or tin so badly ever again, mind you :D

• I had a similar issue, my understanding from the wiki was basic EBF smelting would be 3x LV hatches with 3x single buffers butted right up to them. Which didn't seem to work, it would start and then stop. After much annoyance and tinkering in my creative world, I put 2x 4 buffers instead of 3 single and it worked. With no maintenance issues, the wiki makes no mention of what size buffers are needed to use and my (obviously incorrect) assumption that 3 singles would suffice is probably one that others have made too. Unless adding in cable is the proper way? :S

I must say though, I'd not looked at GT5 until about a week ago and daaaamn... I cannot wait until the later-game stuff gets added back in cause judging by the overall improvements thus far it will be epic. Never thought I'd ever want for copper or tin so badly ever again, mind you :D

We make no mention of what size buffers are needed because oftentimes we don't use Buffers, and because that bit of info on Battery Buffer input/output rates is on the Battery Buffer page. A fairly common setup is to just directly link 6 Generators to the 3 Hatches (1 2x Tin Cable connecting each pair of generators to a hatch), with no Buffers in between (because Batteries aren't as efficient).

If that seemed disjointed, I wrote it at two separate times

• Sorry for bombing the thread but I am rather interested in what mods you all have installed. For me it would seem to be 100% on EnderIO. I have went through 100+ mods in and out and the only one that seems to effect it is EnderIO 2.2.5.311 .

I'm just using the Beyond Reality pack + ChickenChunks.
    Latest version as of today

• Sorry for bombing the thread but I am rather interested in what mods you all have installed. For me it would seem to be 100% on EnderIO. I have went through 100+ mods in and out and the only one that seems to effect it is EnderIO 2.2.5.311 .

I'm using DR20 mod pack, with some additional mods such as BluePower, Framez, etc. EIO is installed too, and GT macerator works fine. Maybe Greg could help with this ?

Some math on big steam boilers:

Big steam boiler uses one coal per second (20 ticks)
    Big steam boiler produses 800 mb/t of steam
    Big steam boiler produses 16000 mb/coal

High pressure coal boiler has 160 "power" per coal
    HPCB uses 2 power each 12 ticks
    HPCB uses coal each 160 / 2 * 12 ticks, and that is 960
    HPCB produses 15 mb/t of steam
    HPCB produses 14400 mb/coal

Soo, Big steam boiler has efficienty 111.(1)% , and ... Isnt that great?

p.s. is my math ok?

• Did take in account that big steam boilers change efficiency over time? They have heat up time, after which they run at optimal efficiency.

• The heating and efficiency math for Small/HP Coal Boilers and Large Boilers is completely different though. For Large Boilers, efficiency is a % that increases over time until it hits 100%. For Small/HPCB, efficiency is more of a yes/no, in that they are inefficient when their heat is below max, and then become highly efficient at the moment their heat hits max.

• 800mB/t means it is an Large Bronze Boiler in the calcuation.

Afaik all types of Large Boilers use the same amount of fuel, but the Large Tungstensteel Boiler produces 2,5x as much steam.

So its 277.(7)% efficient? Wow, very good :D

/me was thinking what better kind of boiler equals more steam and more fuel usage ...

I did some calculations before, source-code based. I can not find them though in this messy thread.

There is search by all messages created by you , isnt there ? Just try search all messages in this thread with boiler word.

• How much of the GregTech experience do I lose from disabling finite water again? I forgot how annoying missing water source blocks in ocean were, from an aesthetics point of view.

• How much of the GregTech experience do I lose from disabling finite water again? I forgot how annoying missing water source blocks in ocean were, from an aesthetics point of view.

if you dont have RC installed - a lot. If you are having RC installed - not that much. Without RC you cant make inf water with just IC2 + GregTech

• if you dont have RC installed - a lot. If you are having RC installed - not that much. Without RC you cant make inf water with just IC2 + GregTech

I do have Railcraft, but out of curiosity how much challenge is there in having finite water? Does it actually become an issue?

EDIT: I wanted to clarify this, since it's a similar question to my previous one. Will finite water result in me just needing to build a machine or two extra and I'll have no more issue, or will finite water be a consistent obstacle throughout my GregTech experience?

• I do have Railcraft, but out of curiosity how much challenge is there in having finite water? Does it actually become an issue?

You would need tons of wood, iron and slime, to build big RC tanks. And its gives diffrent count of water in diffrent biomes.

In jungle it gives 80 mb/t, and its hollow 3 x 3 x 3 structure.

EDIT: I wanted to clarify this, since it's a similar question to my previous one. Will finite water result in me just needing to build a machine or two extra and I'll have no more issue, or will finite water be a consistent obstacle throughout my GregTech experience?

No, it would require a lot of water saving , and a lot of machines. More water you need, more RC water tanks you need.

edit: the smell of the final water sad to me : "TURN OFF INFINITE WATER, RIGHT NOW!"

edit2: Is it 80 mb per tick, or per second? I cant remember

edit3: btw, you shouldnt turn it off - only if you really need it to be off beacos of other mods, or if you really not liking ocean problems. You can get water in deep ocean, and not in top level.

p.s. off - i mean turn on infinite water.

p.s.s. for users without RC - there is module that can be applyed to GT blocks that can collect rain water. But its ... its not that good.

The post was edited 4 times, last by TechoMan ().

• It is very possible to have infinite water with IC2 and GT only btw, just requires tech and some crop farming. You'd have to electrolyze sugar. Or melt some snow if you have block breaking devices (Applied Energistics annihilation pane does an excellent job for that)

I'm on vacation yay! Still with plenty of stuff to do though...