[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• You are both right.
    1. If you point a Drain upwards and it rains above it, then it fills the Tank it is attached to with Rainwater. This works whereever it Rains regardless of Infinite Water Settings.
    2. A Drain that does not point downwards (cuz gravity) sucks up all Fluid Blocks (not only water) in front of it, making Infinite Water possible, but ONLY if it is enabled.

Greg rename it from drain to Suck module. It would be "more" logical (cuz gravity)

• Well.. stupid skeleton spawner ended my last GT world. Sad times. As refreshing as vanilla biome generation was, I do find myself wanting to mix it up a little. What are some good suggestions for biome mods for GT? (I usually go for Biomes O'Plenty as my default biome generation mod, but I think it generates from gems from GT and I don't know how to turn off the BoP gemstone generation.)

• Kreissäge, sounds much cooler, I know.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• циркулярная пила

Half that word's backwards :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Well.. stupid skeleton spawner ended my last GT world. Sad times. As refreshing as vanilla biome generation was, I do find myself wanting to mix it up a little. What are some good suggestions for biome mods for GT? (I usually go for Biomes O'Plenty as my default biome generation mod, but I think it generates from gems from GT and I don't know how to turn off the BoP gemstone generation.)

ATG is just epic. Especially when combined with Biomes'o plenty or Highlands. It completly overhauls terrain generation and lets's you add an option the configs that creates poles in the world. So north and south are cold and the the area around the equator is hot.

• I remember the day I first set foot on an icecrete road.

"So, I know that concrete with iIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
    "... Shit I think I just broke chunkloading, let me relog"

• Thats actually my biggest problem with RC rails in general (especially with new electric rails, they just terrible).
    They just to slow for efforts you have to put in.
    This is a huge issue, as it is transportation mod, but it just slow, if my running as fast as cart, I can just run then. And high speed rails also stupid dangerous and expensive. With other mods offering on player speed buff, railcraft is generally pointless.
    They really need to buff up speed of everything, since minecraft shouldn't be about a waiting game as you travel. Travel time should be minimized as it doesn't contribute to game at all, and just wastes player real time.
    And config file offers just slight tweak to speed too.
    Also I repeat new electric rails are terrible and really disappointing, I had such high hopes on them. I think Ill fork Railcraft and just speed it up and make high speed rails a little more secure.
    Also would be nice for cart to wait for chunks to load properly if server cannot keep up. Rather then just appear inside stone.

• Carts waiting for chunkloading is more of a problem with Minecraft itself, in that it allows objects to move fast enough that they can outrun chunkloading, and in fact allows them to keep moving into areas that aren't loaded, and then fails to load them. This is also a problem with GT Icecrete roadways. There isn't really a good fix for that either, other than force-chunkloading the entire rail line (Anchor Sentinels, anyone?)

• It is actually easy to solve, each time object corsses chunk boundary, check if chunk it's crossing in is loaded. If it isn't "freeze" object till loading is completed. It would completely avoid sinking in to ground problem. And can be possibly done ahead, if object velocity would be considered. For some reason minecraft, just doesn't consider that, but ultimately thats not hard problem to solve.
    Thats just silly of mojang not to do that, but they never considered velocities which can be achieved from mods.
    Though as I program engines I know that problem is really easy to solve, since you should be able to check chunks for being unloaded. We already get effect of slow fall if player gets in to unloaded chunk, but that's shitty solution.

• I Persuaded someone to play GregTech in hardmode in twitch for 4 days and even more still,

He was a new to modding as well, only thing i can say about those streams is that there was many mimes and APUVA.

• The slow fall effect comes from there being nothing below the player to support them, so they appear to fall, but at the same time that may also be a client-server desynch issue.

As for the chunkloading, I'm pretty sure the Forge guys have been looking at alternative chunkloading code for a little while now, trying to actually multithread it when possible. I haven't looked at that much though.

• @RC: maybe slower, but fancy.
    If you want fast travel, put in some plugins for warps etc. But I learned my players play without it (even they were used to use them) and I think it is better with realistic transport....at least a little:)

BTW. try to use more locomotives than one in one train....:P