[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• While gregtech 6 will become more gameplay friendly, I will still use gregtech 5 for my map, as it has many features I was going to build my map around. Don't worry greg, I will not do bug reports for older versions.

• i'v tried to make a world with GT6 and PFAA:geologica but faced a problem:
    with gt worldgen ores enabled in cog world generation settings cog fails to modify world (vanilla stone etc),
    with gt ores disabled via cog world generation everithing is fine, but no ores in nether.

• PFAA has likely not accounted for the changes of GT6.

Well, I have a little bug report, the ores brightness change as you place/remove blocks around it
    http://puu.sh/g15p8/b8a957c68d.jpg
    http://puu.sh/g15zb/4ba6247c1d.jpg
    http://puu.sh/g15zG/d9d10d2c68.jpg
    http://puu.sh/g15A6/43493bf3eb.jpg

Another note is that the stone variant non-UB bug happens waaaaay more often with me, likely because of slow chunk generation with my not so good computer.

• Looking forward to updating to GT6, just a few questions. Apologies if they've already been asked, I would just like to make sure so that I can decide to update now, or wait for a more stable release.

1. Will GT6 upgrade to a newer version of Forge?
    2. I read in a previous post that Worldgen is already complete, so does that make any future GT6 updates savegame compatible? Or will I need to reset my world for when the other features are implemented?

I had a few more questions in my head when I started this, got distracted, forgot them >.<'

• GT5 -> GT6 won't work. The only thing surviving will be the Tool Items of GT, which happen to use the old Technology. Crops currently update between GT 5 and 6 too, but that will change in the next Version (probably, I am not sure if they will continue working or not).

GT6 will be the last Worldgen incompatible version, because now it uses the best System possible for Ores.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Or you can produce the glyceryl from non-oil means, nitrogen+carbon+water IIRC. I built my nitromachine so long ago I forgot how it works! It uses IHL's ability to compress air in empty cells with a compressor, centrifuge 5 air cells into 4 nitrogen cells and 1 oxygen cell. Nitrogen goes to reactor and mixed with carbon makes glyceryl, glyceryl goes to reactor and fuel makes nitrodiesel.
    It uses a bit more energy (not as much as you may think!) and is self-powered using a 32v nitro-diesel fueled engine and 2 8v solar panels. The result is enough nitrodiesel to run my blast furnace almost 24/7

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Also, Greg, I would like to propose a system of incremental updates. Release an update every Sunday, even if there's only 1 machine or 1 tiny bugfix. There are a number of reasons I think this would be good.

1) It allows users and yourself to regress to a non-broken version in the event a change or implementation causes unforseen difficulties in the future.
    2) It allows user to pretend and simulate the process of scientific invention, since a technology is more than just putting parts together, there are principles and proposals and theories to test and make. It could take an entire minecraft year (or however long a RL week is in MC time) to solidify a design for a machine technology!
    3) It will allow early adopters to begin playing sooner and just keep playing, updating as things are needed, keeping better pace with their in-game advancement. Instead of just, you can't use GT6 at all for a month or three until machines are in, leaving everyone stranded and the mod useless until then.
    4) I will be very happy, and I will try to reward you for it.
    5) It will make my new bunny, MIPS, a flemish giant, happy.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• ^ What he said

Also (you've probably elaborated on this already) but will there be several different "ages"? Much like the bronze age and electric age from GT6, will there be any additional ages slotted in there? Plasma age?

• Also, Greg, I would like to propose a system of incremental updates. Release an update every Sunday, even if there's only 1 machine or 1 tiny bugfix. There are a number of reasons I think this would be good.

1) It allows users and yourself to regress to a non-broken version in the event a change or implementation causes unforseen difficulties in the future.
    2) It allows user to pretend and simulate the process of scientific invention, since a technology is more than just putting parts together, there are principles and proposals and theories to test and make. It could take an entire minecraft year (or however long a RL week is in MC time) to solidify a design for a machine technology!
    3) It will allow early adopters to begin playing sooner and just keep playing, updating as things are needed, keeping better pace with their in-game advancement. Instead of just, you can't use GT6 at all for a month or three until machines are in, leaving everyone stranded and the mod useless until then.
    4) I will be very happy, and I will try to reward you for it.
    5) It will make my new bunny, MIPS, a flemish giant, happy.

Bunny.