[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• But their goal isn't to radically change Minecraft to have 0 GUIs, just a lot less, especially in mods. And that's the beauty of it, the "cult" isn't super serious and not a group of extremists that stick to one goal, no matter what.

• Some of the suggestions are pretty stupid though, trying to re-invent Computercraft or Steve's Factory Manager without GUIs is stepping past trying to reduce them to plain insanity.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hey, Computercraft can be un-GUI-ified. You have inworld Screens to do that.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• That's the equivalent of programming on a phone, I'd much rather have a real keyboard than a touch screen one.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• well, technically, it would probably be possible to have a terminal block which you right-click, and then you can code with your keyboard, but the screen isn't in a GUI, the code actually displays on the screen in-world. heck, you could even go so far and make it a customizable multiblock or something like that.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• You could never get the resolution with the GUI in game, without even making the screen massive and awkward to use or use like 1 pixel wide lettering and a 2048x2048 texture.

I see this too much.

• Huh, this is exactly how OpenComputers mod work, attach a keyboard to a monitor, righ-click to enable typing. Display and overall performance are way ahead of Computercraft.

Now what's really lacking about these computer mods, is a GUI API with basic widgets like ncurses. It is a pain to recode everything in LUA each time we need a button, an field entry, % and load bars and eventloop.

• But turtles? They don't have screens.

I see this too much.

• I can only see this idea as banning engines in transportation. You can have bicycles, skies, surfing boards without engines no problem. But try to do that with cars, ships and planes.

• Inventory GUIs are only needed to manage your Stuff. This was always the case in every Game with more collectibles than the Hotbar or similar can hold. But the GUIs shouldn't be used as a Progress indicator, sure you can add such a thing into the GUI too, but it should kindof be visible to the outside how far the progress has gone.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Won't detail the problem for nothing. You know what I'm here for.

Octo-checked my configs. All is fine. Removing Platinum veins and... !?

Olivine and Pyrolusite spawn in MASS amounts as well and veins spawn on top of each other.*****

You interested in fixing this now ?

Final RE-EDIT : Found it. (Super-Final EDIT : Not me... Can't take the honor.) =D Not my fault. Can't wait to see my super-sweet config working. =D

***** - This seems to be ATG's fault. Not Greg's.

Wait for it...

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

The post was edited 6 times, last by Arch ().

• Greg! After some some digging with Arch we've found mistake in WorldGenerator.java:

But, there is another problem - total weight is calculated regardless of dimension.
    In case of Arch's config, all veins are dimension-specific. So, at worldgen most of veins will be invalid for dimension, and generator can fail to hit valid vein in 128 attempts.
    And also, we have to balance total weight between dimensions.

• Luckily for me, my config has equal total weight for all dimensions. Which mean it should be fine without that 'lil fix. The others though I'd very much enjoy having at some point. ;P

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Updated GT, fixed Archs Issue by moving the break; one up in the hierarchy to ensure it always gets called. And to everyone reading that part of the code above: Yes I know it is bad to have weights of all ores regardless of Dimensions, and also that my Worldgen Code while being efficient is pretty bad.

GregTech Website

• Efficiency first ! I support that.

Thanks for fixing this. Will try now.

• Updated GT, fixed Archs Issue by moving the break; one up in the hierarchy to ensure it always gets called. And to everyone reading that part of the code above: Yes I know it is bad to have weights of all ores regardless of Dimensions, and also that my Worldgen Code while being efficient is pretty bad.

I don't notice any problems myself, but then again I barely understand the mathematics involved.
    Do you plan to fix/overhaul this or is it just something acknowledged but too hard to repair?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Nice addon, though i can't use it due to incompatibly with other mods and no i won't remove those other mods.. I appreciate your work. But if you update your mod extremly frequently you might need to make a automatic updater if you can, great work, Greg.

• What incompatible Mods? Every Mod should be compatible, even Nether Ores if it would get its shit together and fix its own IC² Compat Stuff (and that could be fixed by its own Config, so nothing you would need to remove there).

GregTech Website