[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Ok, how and what the actual fuck are cryo units ? Units are supposed to be energy right ? This should stay in hU just allow a way to make one place hot and the other cold ( radiator type of thing ). Quantum units also doesn't sound right and are kinda scary ( dark energy / Exotic matter ? ), Magnetic units makes me think of sonic 3 electric shield and are Air units a way to define pressure ? ( everything else if fine though )

• Good day.
    Could you tell us what new cool stuff you will add in next update?
    Item and fluid pipes seems very neat.

Yup, those ones are already done. I think the next Pipe alike thing I add is Redstoney. Like Red Alloy Wires (the freestanding ones), which are either made with Signalum or with Lumium (yes, Pipe shaped Lamps which can conduct Redstone). Red Alloy itself might be an option too, we'll see. It will definitely be an option if I add Redstone Range to that.

-----

Cryo Units are the opposite of Heat Units. Yes I could have used negative Heat Units but I decided against that.

Quantum Units are well uhhm, Quantum. You cannot explain Quantum. It is a form of Energy for the very late game.

Magnetic Units are simply the stuff you have when Electro-Magnets are adjacent to a Block to power it. Like for the good old electromagnetic Separator.

Air Units are indeed some Pressure thing.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Maybe signalum and/or lumium as upgraded high temperature superconductors / loss less cables like the red alloy electric wire ?
    Well Cryo units then :P
    Quantum ftw :P
    Magnetic still feeling sonic 3 esque though xD

• Why Sonic 3? Don't you know what Magnets are? Those date way before Sonic.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Ofc I know, just Magnet Units reminds me the electro shield from sonic 3, with it's pull around rings magnetic field ^-^

• Aren't Quantum Units impossible anyway because they're both there and not there? I guess unless you forced it to make it's mind up by measuring it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Greg, is there any way to keep steam engine working continiously? I connected it with steel fluid pipe to steam boiler which is above burning box, and the work is periodically stoppes. All of machines i used are dense/strong bronze.

• I just imagined how awesome the addition of Turing Machines to Gregtech as a logical unit would be.
    In my vision you could give it an item buffer with the different items creating different symbols and then specifying the behaviour based on what the TM computes.
    With something like that you could produce simple sorting devices, but also more complex things like outputting items once the buffer contains a certain amount of one item (due to Churchill's Thesis you can do anything you could do with a programming language with a Turing Machine)
    I think the low-level approach to computing you get with Turing Machines would perfectly fit Gregtech's theme of building everything from scratc.h
    Then I realized that non-computer scientists would probably think Turing Machines to be an unnecessarily complicated approach (even for Gregtech) and more importantly, it would probably take way too much time and effort to properly implement.
    Life is pain.

• Greg, is there any way to keep steam engine working continiously? I connected it with steel fluid pipe to steam boiler which is above burning box, and the work is periodically stoppes. All of machines i used are dense/strong bronze.

There are two things why this is happening. 1. You don't supply enough Steam, but lets assume that you do supply enough Steam so it might be 2. Are you sure it is periodically stopping? An Engine makes a forward/backward movement, meaning the Energy emitted is negative half of the time. GT Machines even require this negative pulse of Energy to finish the process. It requires a lot of fine tuning to get the proper Engine/Machine combo for what you are doing. Someone should really do a tutorial on that.

GregTech Website

• Stop schrodinging Choco :P

*schroedingering. the guy is called schroedinger.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Problem is fU sounds like Grag started raging at naming his units and could not find a proper name, so yeah :P
    ^Blub : You get it :P
    Also Greg, this new engine is an actual mechanical engine ? ( non rf ? ) And what the hell are strong / dense machines now xD
    And why negative energy is needed, I don't really get you here :/

• One thing I've been curious about for several months: why was GregTech 6 added to this thread (which I've gotten the impression dates back to GregTech 1), instead of starting a new thread about GT6?