[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• exactly. And I tried a lot of things to not make that shit happen...

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• well here goes the next try (uploaded)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• "Strange" XD

I think I found and fixed the issue ^^

Thank you for helping me debug, hehe.

GregTech Website

• Can anyone tell me, why this setup doesn´t work? Burning box should put out 32 HU/t, which is enough to power the boiler. The boiler should give out 64 Steam/t, which is enough to power the steam engine. The steam engine should give me 16 KU/t, which is exactly the amount of power that is required to crush ores in the crusher. What am I missing out? :huh:

• Bew

Can anyone tell me, why this setup doesn´t work? Burning box should put out 32 HU/t, which is enough to power the boiler. The boiler should give out 64 Steam/t, which is enough to power the steam engine. The steam engine should give me 16 KU/t, which is exactly the amount of power that is required to crush ores in the crusher. What am I missing out? :huh:

Because of second law of thermodynamics...

• Can anyone tell me, why this setup doesn´t work? Burning box should put out 32 HU/t, which is enough to power the boiler. The boiler should give out 64 Steam/t, which is enough to power the steam engine. The steam engine should give me 16 KU/t, which is exactly the amount of power that is required to crush ores in the crusher. What am I missing out? :huh:

Because steam engines require greater than the listed amount to start up. Use a secondary startup boiler.

• I tried to crush scheelite (yes, I was lucky to find that vein when caving) ore in a crusher using steam engine, but my setup failed to run continuously. When I insert ore blocks and connect steam pipe, engine starts moving, visually gets hotter (red or something) and at some moment stops with a "steam leak" sound. During that time, crusher crushes one ore block. Now I have a guess that steam engine receives too much steam.

Steam comes from one tank (railcraft tank, through small steel fluid pipes), distilled water goes to another tank.
    Machines: bronze crusher (accepts 16-64 KU/t), steel steam engine (outputs 16 KU/t).

What would be a correct setup to crush ores using steam engine?

Edit: typo.

• If it gets red and than stops, you´re inputting too much steam.

• I updated GT again. This time with Long Distance Wires, seriosuly needed Electricity FIxes and different Plate Textures.

GregTech Website

• Greg

When I run raw wrought iron pickaxe heads against the grindstone I get tiny piles of iron dust instead of tiny piles of wrought iron dust.
    Is that a bug, or by design?

• by Design. Wrought Iron Dust isnt supposed to "exist" or be obtainable.

GregTech Website

• Released the Bugfix update.

GregTech Website

• Using the latest gregtech (figured it was time to get back into it). I'm stuck at getting rubber. The old method of smelting it is gone and you have to have an extruder to get rubber (as far as I can tell). Is there a method that will be added for early game? If so, do you know what it will be and I'll just trade materials (throw away base to get the proper rubber) to simulate the work required.

I am finding the new version 6 to be quite difficult to get started in, hardest one so far. The crucible process is quite confusing to work through and very tempermental (gone through quite a few crucibles so far lol). I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if it's really meant to be this touchy early game.

• Using the latest gregtech (figured it was time to get back into it). I'm stuck at getting rubber. The old method of smelting it is gone and you have to have an extruder to get rubber (as far as I can tell). Is there a method that will be added for early game? If so, do you know what it will be and I'll just trade materials (throw away base to get the proper rubber) to simulate the work required.

To get rubber, put sticky resin in a squeezer and pipe the resultant Latex into (a/several) coagulator(s). Then combine the resultant rubber chips in a crucible or extruder to get rubber sheets.

I am finding the new version 6 to be quite difficult to get started in, hardest one so far. The crucible process is quite confusing to work through and very tempermental (gone through quite a few crucibles so far lol). I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if it's really meant to be this touchy early game.

The first goal of GT6 is to get one or more thermometers, however they take steel, so before then you just have to calculate/guess.
    The Google sheet Gregtech_crucible_Shared can help calculate the amount of fuel required for a batch.