[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Oh right the Carbon thing is fixed too, bear mentioned it. I am currently uploading the fix. ^^

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Not yet apparently, totally forgot about that, thanks for the info.

If you want to unpaint Wires/Pipes then I have a workaround for you, put CFoam on it and then remove the CFoam again, this will unpaint the Wire/Pipe.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I finally tried battery boxes. The problem - they neither charge, nor discharge energy crystals and lapotron crystals. I'm not sure, if this is a bug, or a feature ;)
    Examples, what works: charging/discharging GregTech batteries, MFSU -> IC2 iron cable -> GT EV-HV transformer -> HV battery box with HV batteries (MFSU discharges, HV batteries charge, energy crystals are ignored by battery box).

• Just seen the website front page - very exciting... Will this lead to a change in many existing machine recipes or is it mostly for new machines?

If it's going to lead to lots of changes to existing machines, please don't double up motor components with motor blocks, piston components with
    engine blocks etc. Mixers powered by little motors spinning on the end of bigger motors would just make my head spin...

Will existing auto-input/-output rules be altered with the addition of pumps, conveyors, etc.?

Assuming cover variants are coming sometime down the line, will they require EU or will they just work?

Ahh.... giddy memories of all the best bits of GT5 are flooding back to me...

(Hundreds of components for every machine; rubber seals on pumps; tiny, tiny screws everywhere... The chemical reactor!!! Nitro-diesel!!! Oh, dear - I need to lie down...)

• Just seen the website front page - very exciting... Will this lead to a change in many existing machine recipes or is it mostly for new machines?

If it's going to lead to lots of changes to existing machines, please don't double up motor components with motor blocks, piston components with
    engine blocks etc.

First of all, I won't double the Machine Components, that wouldnt make sense. however I am likely going to add pure electric variants of certain Machines, especially the Mixer. Note that those pure electric ones would be the first Machines that have a non-100% Efficiency on processing Stuff, likely a 50% one. This means the Processing Time is twice as large for them and they consume just as much Energy as an external electric Motor would. But hey, they are more compact. ;)

Auto-IN/OUT won't be altered at all. It's a feature that is there for Lag reduction and not for convenience, well also for convenience.

Mixers powered by little motors spinning on the end of bigger motors would just make my head spin...

Suuuuure, I will toooootally add that! XD

For the Battery Boxes, they are only compatible with the GT Batteries. They are designed for Batteries, not Crystals. I might go the IC1 way of adding Crystal Chargers of some sort. But I am not 100% sure.

GregTech Website

• Battery boxes only for GT batteries? Interesting as a challenge. Just... there are battery boxes for tiers above HV, so some batteries for them would be nice ;) Until then MFSU is OP in comparison. Less OP if hand-recipe for mixed metal ingot is removed (laser weld them!!!). I'll play the less OP way for now.

• Other thingies.

Refined ore in crusher -> 1 dust; refined ore in crucible and taked out by hand -> 11 scrap. For some valuable compound ores the second way may look attractive, just very boring. I suggest a recipe in crusher: refined ore -> 1 dust + 2 tiny dusts.

Purified ore + sulfuric acid in a bath... Works strangely well in manual bath (I got even hydrogen, it didn't escape!), but how to automate that with "normal" bath?

I like signalum wire and reinforced granite. I used both for my starter-quality nuclear reactor. One is much better than redstone dust (doesn't need a solid block below, connects to what I need...), another is for blast resistance and quite good looks.

• thanks for that one, didn't notice that...

GregTech Website

• Note that those pure electric ones would be the first Machines that have a non-100% Efficiency on processing Stuff, likely a 50% one. This means the Processing Time is twice as large for them and they consume just as much Energy as an external electric Motor would. But hey, they are more compact. ;)

Clarify on that please, does "just as much Energy" mean 'same GU/t' (double total energy) or 'same total GU' (half GU/t)?

• Its simple an external Motor has a 50% covnersion loss, meaning you lose 50% ofcourse. Now the internal Motor has that loss too but instead of making it cost twice the Voltage it just processes twice as long consuming twice the total amount then also resulting in a 50% loss like the external Motor. ^^

Same total EU but twice the time, simply put ;)

GregTech Website

[FIXED] Mixing Bowls and Bathing Pots can no longer do Recipes, which output low density (gasses that are lighter than Air) or high temperature Stuff.

So, which machine will be able to bath purified copper ore in a sulfuric acid? Currently "Bath" is unable to do that. Probably because recipe requires energy and not just time.

• GT got updated again. And screw it, I'm lazy, here have the Patreon Post XD

https://www.patreon.com/posts/6517884

GregTech Website

• Greg

Hardening Spray and C-Foam Removal Spray have no recipe..
    and the Paint Removal Spray is simply an empty spray can in the canning machine with nothing else

EDIT:
    And btw, motors and stuff aren't updated when you remove a machine with an automatic switch cover.
    Place a battery box, add batteries. Add a motor - it starts spinning.
    Add a centrifuge on top and attach an auto. machine cover - the motor stops spinning (as expected).
    Break/remove the centrifuge - the motor isn't updated and won't start draining energy again (which is unexpected as the machine with the auto cover is no longer there..)

EDITEDIT:
    And of course it's not just motors. Same thing with electric heaters and prolly the same with electric engines.

The post was edited 2 times, last by nanitozo ().

• I have recently realized that the Railcraft recipe for "reinforced rail", correcting for the differing values of obsidian dust between RC and GT, means that it is actually a low-quality version of "darkSteel" (1 obsidian : 4 steel instead of 1 obsidian : 1 steel) and thus "darkSteel" should be an acceptable track material.

Also, when perusing the items in various oreDicts I noticed that all Anti-materials have no registered mod of origin, it should either be the same as the non-AM version, GT or GT-API.

Finally, shouldn't the "Hot Fuels" list entry for lava output IC2 pahohe(?) lava, currently it outputs nothing.

• Greg

Hardening Spray and C-Foam Removal Spray have no recipe..
    and the Paint Removal Spray is simply an empty spray can in the canning machine with nothing else

Wait, those should have Recipes. I gonna check that.

EDIT:
    And btw, motors and stuff aren't updated when you remove a machine with an automatic switch cover.
    Place a battery box, add batteries. Add a motor - it starts spinning.
    Add a centrifuge on top and attach an auto. machine cover - the motor stops spinning (as expected).
    Break/remove the centrifuge - the motor isn't updated and won't start draining energy again (which is unexpected as the machine with the auto cover is no longer there..)

Fixed.

I have recently realized that the Railcraft recipe for "reinforced rail", correcting for the differing values of obsidian dust between RC and GT, means that it is actually a low-quality version of "darkSteel" (1 obsidian : 4 steel instead of 1 obsidian : 1 steel) and thus "darkSteel" should be an acceptable track material.

Hehe.

Finally, shouldn't the "Hot Fuels" list entry for lava output IC2 pahohe(?) lava, currently it outputs nothing.

Fixed.

GregTech Website

• Maybe try updating Railcraft

GregTech Website